Perhaps We Need To Start A Gen 3 Thread *

Anyone rode a H2 here they do lack the torque and the high hp is at redline because higher rpm = higher boost. You would assume they weigh a lot less but they are close.

I would have thought the H2 was running higher HP/TQ numbers seeing as it's top speed is so high.

What is a stock Gen 2 Busa capable of with it's limiter removed? If the '99/'00 Gen 1 was capable of 317kms/hr stock, the Gen 2 with no rev limiter should be capable of higher top speed as it has more hp, right?

Would Gen 2 top speed be comparable to the H2?

I know the H2R is a whole other beast but it isn't street legal-how are they doing on the track against their competition? Judging by their numbers, they should be cleaning up.
the h2 has the higher outright horsepower level.... it also revs to 13000 or 14000 rpms..... its supercharged stock.... its 1000 ccs.... bigger displacement (in general) makes more torque down low in the rpm range.... as far as outright top speed... u have to understand that these bikes hang up in the air quite badly... the drag co-efficient affects all supersport motorcycles badly.... that's why a 200 hp hayabusa can get to 200 mph..... yet it takes a turboed busa 400 hp to reach 230 mph(along with gearing changesand many other mods)… a stock corvette slips through the air 3X easier than do our hyperbikes..... its a tough task for a stockish-fairinged hayabusa to make 200 plus MPH runs... the air resistance is soooooo great on all hyperbikes.

Last edited:
the h2 has the higher outright horsepower level.... it also revs to 13000 or 14000 rpms..... its supercharged stock.... its 1000 ccs.... bigger displacement (in general) makes more torque down low in the rpm range.... as far as outright top speed... u have to understand that these bikes hang up in the air quite badly... the drag co-efficient affects all supersport motorcycles badly.... that's why a 200 hp hayabusa can get to 200 mph..... yet it takes a turboed busa 400 hp to reach 230 mph(along with gearing changesand many other mods)… a stock corvette slips through the air 3X easier than do our hyperbikes..... its a tough task for a stockish-fairinged hayabusa to make 200 plus MPH runs... the air resistance is soooooop great on all hyperbikes.

Everything I've researched about the Hayabusa has said it is one of the most aerodynamic bikes on the planet as it was developed in a wind tunnel.

I look at the lines on the Busa and on the H2 and the Busa seems much cleaner with less angles..

A supercharged 1400cc Hayabusa would be something to talk about I think...especially if Suzuki brings their 'A' game for suspension and brakes.

Everything I've researched about the Hayabusa has said it is one of the most aerodynamic bikes on the planet as it was developed in a wind tunnel.

I look at the lines on the Busa and on the H2 and the Busa seems much cleaner with less angles..

A supercharged 1400cc Hayabusa would be something to talk about I think...especially if Suzuki brings their 'A' game for suspension and brakes.
and the hayabusa is very aerodynamic… for a motorcycle

I know I feel blessed to actually own a Hayabusa after sitting on the side-lines so long. I've got a great wife who supported my getting one even though I have a couple other bikes sitting in the garage.

Love my bike and love going into the garage to see it sitting there.

The height of bikes is what kills it for bikes basically compared to streamlined cars .
The Gen 1 Busa is more aerodynamic than the Gen 2 , but both are at the very top of aerodynamic motorcycle design . A number of years ago , a bloke rode a standard motor and pipe Gen 1 , with some sort of gearing and preparation I guess , at Lake Gairdner SA dry salt lake speed week ( in my state ) and topped just over the 200 mph mark . That was a much lauded feat then and now . That same fella has also run his modded Gen 2 at over 213 mph at least , last time I heard a couple of years back .

From all I've read, the Gen 2 is slightly more slippery than the Gen 1 but I couldn't find a drag coefficient on the Gen 2, I did find one on the Gen 1 at .458

https://www.superstreetbike.com/200-mph-or-bust-0#page-12

Either way, both bikes are awesome.
The Gen 1 I still believe is slightly more aerodynamic , that bloke I mentioned that cracked 200 on the Gen 1 , he is right into this because of his racing and we both thought the Gen 2 is slightly taller and wider because of bodywork . Some info about this bike etc. is on this website under projects Lake Gairdner .
http://www.superbikeperformance.com.au/

The Gen 1 I still believe is slightly more aerodynamic , that bloke I mentioned that cracked 200 on the Gen 1 , he is right into this because of his racing and we both thought the Gen 2 is slightly taller and wider because of bodywork . Some info about this bike etc. is on this website under projects Lake Gairdner .
http://www.superbikeperformance.com.au/
The article I found was interesting as it explained the over 200mph to hp to aerodynamic ratio.

Either way, both gen Hayabusa are winners.

I would have thought the H2 was running higher HP/TQ numbers seeing as it's top speed is so high.

What is a stock Gen 2 Busa capable of with it's limiter removed? If the '99/'00 Gen 1 was capable of 317kms/hr stock, the Gen 2 with no rev limiter should be capable of higher top speed as it has more hp, right?

Would Gen 2 top speed be comparable to the H2?

I know the H2R is a whole other beast but it isn't street legal-how are they doing on the track against their competition? Judging by their numbers, they should be cleaning up.

gen1 Busa, restrictions removed, capable of 194mph, stock gearing 17/40

gen2 Busa, restrictions removed, capable of 197mph, stock gearing, 18/43

No head wind, fair temperatures, and all the planets must be in perfect alignment.

gen1 Busa, restrictions removed, capable of 194mph, stock gearing 17/40

gen2 Busa, restrictions removed, capable of 197mph, stock gearing, 18/43

No head wind, fair temperatures, and all the planets must be in perfect alignment.
Good to know, thanks.

Gen 2 couldn't go just 3 more mph.....to break the double ton?

Good to know, thanks.

Gen 2 couldn't go just 3 more mph.....to break the double ton?

You'll need an ecu flash(obviously), a -2 rear sprocket(41 teeth), or a 55 series tire.
And a full exhaust and dyno tune for a little extra umph.
Several members here have posted 202-204mph in LSR, 1 mile with this set-up.
With more road, there may be another mph in there

You'll need an ecu flash(obviously), a -2 rear sprocket(41 teeth), or a 55 series tire.
And a full exhaust and dyno tune for a little extra umph.
Several members here have posted 202-204mph in LSR, 1 mile with this set-up.
With more road, there may be another mph in there
Mine has a full exhaust and a dyno tune, but stock sprockets and stock sized tire. I was told it makes 186 hp at the tire, I read it will take more than that to reach a double ton (10 more ponies I read).

Mine has a full exhaust and a dyno tune, but stock sprockets and stock sized tire. I was told it makes 186 hp at the tire, I read it will take more than that to reach a double ton (10 more ponies I read).

I don't belive that.
There is no magic hp number to get you to 200mph, and Busa's with that much have done it.
If you change the rear tire or sprocket(and have no speed restriction), and are able to tuck into the bike well, then 200mph should be no problem(in more than a mile, a standing mile/lsr is a different story).
I'm 5'10" and 195lbs(including gear), and my gen2 got to 197mph(gps) without any trouble(couple miles of straight road with slight downhill). I also had taken the mirrors off for that and had a full dual Akropovic and ecu flash.
I never got around to trying for 200+ because I had since added Spiegler dirtbike style handlebars.
I had planned to swap sprockets and bars and try again, but never did. But, I don't doubt that with a gear change that the bike had another 3-5mph in it.
Get a tire or sprocket, flash the ecu, and remove the mirrors. If you have a few miles of empty road, and aren't endangering anyone else...go for it.

I don't belive that.
There is no magic hp number to get you to 200mph, and Busa's with that much have done it.
If you change the rear tire or sprocket(and have no speed restriction), and are able to tuck into the bike well, then 200mph should be no problem(in more than a mile, a standing mile/lsr is a different story).
I'm 5'10" and 195lbs(including gear), and my gen2 got to 197mph(gps) without any trouble(couple miles of straight road with slight downhill). I also had taken the mirrors off for that and had a full dual Akropovic and ecu flash.
I never got around to trying for 200+ because I had since added Spiegler dirtbike style handlebars.
I had planned to swap sprockets and bars and try again, but never did. But, I don't doubt that with a gear change that the bike had another 3-5mph in it.
Get a tire or sprocket, flash the ecu, and remove the mirrors. If you have a few miles of empty road, and aren't endangering anyone else...go for it.
getting the bike nice and low.... and tucking VERY tight are more important than the few extra hp by far.

Back