Oct. 24  VA-WV RIDE

Dulimon

Registered
The weather for the riding area looks great...Temps ranging from mid 40s to upper 60s with a 14-12% chance of rain. SO lets get this going as far as route, meet & greet, start time, riders. Being somewhat computer challenged or as some members would put "right click challenged
wink.gif
" I tried to post a map last night of the routes. (No luck) Similar run sage went on last week but, one long route and one short. The times are a estimate, so here are some routes and any feed back is welcome. We have no pre-ride estimate so lets take rest stops, fuel, food as we need them. So any and all lets get organized and make this happen. Winter in coming...BTW- The roads will have tight twisties and blind corners so be cautious and ride within your limits.

POSSIBLE ROUTES FOR OCT. 24, VA-WV ride

The short route:

Winchester, VA
To
Harrisonburg, VA I-81 South: 1hr 10min 67 miles

Harrisonburg, VA
To
Franklin, WV Rt. 33 West: 58min 40 miles

Franklin, WV
To
Monterey, WV Rt. 220 South: 32min 22 miles

Monterey, WV
To
Staunton, VA Rt. 250 East: 1hr 11min 43 miles

Staunton, VA
To
Winchester, VA I-81 North: 1hr 40min 96 miles

Time: W/O breaks, gas, food etc…5.5hrs(Est) Figure on 7 to 9 hr day w/breaks, food, gas
Total miles: 268 miles

The long route:

Winchester, VA
To
Harrisonburg, VA I-81 South: 1hr 10min 67 miles

Harrisonburg, VA
To
Elkins, WV Rt. 33 West: 2hr 15min 100 miles

Elkins, WV
To
Huttonsville, WV Rt. 219 South: 27min 18 miles

Huttonsville, WV
To
Staunton, VA Rt. 250 East: 2hr 15min 88 miles

Staunton, VA
To
Winchester, VA I-81 North: 1hr 40min 96 miles

Time: W/O Breaks, gas, food etc…7.6hrs(Est) Figure about 9 to 11 hr day w/breaks, gas, food
Total miles: 369 miles

Ooooohhhhh ... you all know how bad I want to be there, but I'm on business travel through Monday. You all have fun and bring it back home safely!

Paul will be meeting me in Winchester and pulling out @ 9:00am so we can meet you @ Romas a little after. Paul you coming in on 50 or 7? Come on sageronin...You know you want to.

rte. 7 I believe theres a sheetz just coming into Winchester, can we meet there? Or do you have somewhere else in mind?

Paul will be meeting me in Winchester and pulling out @ 9:00am so we can meet you @ Romas a little after. Paul you coming in on 50 or 7?  Come on sageronin...You know you want to.
Alright, I'll meet you at Romas at 0900......Just the 5 of us uh....Paul/Germain you're rollin 2 up right....

Cool I'll be sure and bring the camera..

Paul do you have any video of the last ride?

Yeah a little bit, it was some of the worst stuff I've ever done. I turned the tape over to Tom(Postal) who passed it to a relative to try to make something of it....haahaahaa

Starting from: 1 Jersey City, NJ 07302 Save Address
Arriving at: 2 Winchester, VA Save Address
Distance: 282.5 miles Approximate Travel Time: 4 hours 53 mins

prolly bout 4 am.... thats a little drive. I need to get a trailer so I can take off like that too...damn The sheetz, if ya come down 81 is the Rte 7 East exit sheetz is on the left ....think about a mile down.

according to mappoint

Start: 07302
End: Winchester, Virginia, United States
Total Distance: 282.9 Miles
Estimated Total Time: 4 hours, 27 minutes

and now with mapquest
Jersey City, NJ 07302 US - Hotel Offers - Flight Deals
Winchester, VA US - Hotel Offers - Flight Deals

Maneuvers Distance Maps
1: Start out going WEST on CHRISTOPHER COLUMBUS DR toward COLES ST. 0.3 miles Map

2: Turn LEFT onto MERSELES ST. 0.2 miles Map

3: Turn SLIGHT LEFT to take the NEW JERSEY TURNPIKE ramp. 0.2 miles Map

4: Merge onto I-78 W (Portions toll). 6.7 miles Map

5: Take I-78 EXPRESS LN W toward GARDEN STATE PARKWAY/CLINTON. 9.2 miles Map

6: Merge onto I-78 W. 125.7 miles Map

7: Merge onto I-81 S via the exit on the LEFT toward HARRISBURG. 135.7 miles Map

8: Merge onto VA-7 W via EXIT 315 toward WINCHESTER. 1.5 miles Map

9: Turn RIGHT onto VA-7/E PICCADILLY ST. <0.1 miles Map

10: Turn LEFT onto N KENT ST. 0.1 miles Map

11: Turn RIGHT onto E BOSCAWEN ST. <0.1 miles Map

12: Turn RIGHT onto N CAMERON ST/US-11 N/US-522 N. 0.1 miles Map

13: End at Winchester VA Map

Total Est. Time: 4 hours, 34 minutes Total Est. Distance: 280.52 miles

1127 to 1299..... Hey bro, if you want to head down this way Saturday you can crash at my place. PM me if you do and I'll give you directions from 81....

Back