Another Virginia Ride

sageronin

Donating Member
Registered
Okay ... I know that this is very short notice, but looks like there's going to be a ride THIS Sunday the 17th. They have shortened the route to a little less than 300 miles, but all of the twisties are still in it. As soon as I get times, I'll let you know. It will be an early morning start. Here is the new route and be assured, these are experienced twisty riders you will not be bored:

Frederick
340 South
7 West
Winchester
81 South
Harrisonburg
33 West
Franklin
220 South
Monterey  
250 West
Huttonsville
250 East
81 North
Harrisonburg
81 North
Winchester 7 East
340 North
Frederick

<!--EDIT|sageronin
Reason for Edit: None given...|1097854354 -->

not too bad,
it's:
Total Distance: 233.5 Miles
Estimated Total Time: 3 hours, 34 minutes
Busa Estimated Total Time: 2 hours, 34 minutes

cool.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif

cool.gif

cool.gif

Okay I have more details about times:

7 am depart New Market, MD Mobil gas station at I-70/Hwy75 exit #62 which is just east of Frederick.
8 am rest stop at Winchester, VA Sheetz gas station on Rte 7 just east of I-81.
9 am rest stop at Harrisonburg, VA Sheetz gas station on Rte 33 just west of I-81.

So, those are the times and places you can join up. I've met these guys and they are a very skilled and experienced group. They ride their sport touring bikes really well. They were a little concerned about inviting us, but assured them that we'll be on our best behavior
smile.gif
In any case, we have the route details if we can't keep up with them.

Please PM me if you need my cell phone number for any details or questions.

sageronin
who's they?
Sorry for not explaining better ... they is a small sport touring forum started by a local guy named Bill. They post at Yahoo Groups under 'MDSportTour'. You can read about the details of their last ride through Virginia there. The group ride leader will be riding a Triumph Sprint, his wife a FZ1, another guy has a ST1300, and another has a Motard. You will be happy with their skills and the spirited pace that they set!

Ouch! You're killing me. Sunday is the only day that won't work for me. Unfortunately I'm going to have to pass on this one. I hope to plan another one through the WV hills west of Winchester shortly. Have a great time!!

i don't think i'll make it
you guys are leaving too early
sad.gif

I guess i'll stay in the area (NJ-NY)
unless a miracle happen and I wake up ar 3h30am
wow.gif

have a nice rice and post pics

Back