CANCELLED: ECHR Spring Ride: May 9, 2009

Postal

Donating Member
Registered
The first ECHR ride of the season is set for May 9, 2009. It will be a fun, fairly mild ride, across some beautiful parts of Virginia. We will also have some prize giveaways for such categories as; 1. Person who came the farthest to participate in our ride, 2. Concours winner - Best looking bike on the ride, 3. Best paint job, maybe other categories too. We will do the giveaways at the lunch stop at Cocomo's.

P.

May 9, 2009 ECHR Spring Ride

* 9:30 AM, Meet and start at the Holiday Inn parking lot, Holiday Inn – Fredericksburg North, 564 Warrenton Rd, Fredericksburg, VA, 22405 (540-371-5550). Kickstands up and we roll at 10:00 AM.

* Follow Rt. 17 south to Falmouth, pick up Rt. 218 East. Pick up Rt. 3.

* Follow Rt. 3 to Rt. 33, turn left on Rt. 33. Follow Rt. 33 East to Deltaville, VA. We will stop for gas once along the way, probably around Montross, VA. (Caution, we will cross over a very high, two lane bridge just past White Stone, VA).

* Lunch at Cocomo’s Resturant (on right in Deltaville. 1134 Timberneck Rd., Deltaville, VA, 23043, 804-776-8822).

* After lunch we may head down to the water to look at the Chesapeake Bay (Fantastic view!).

* From there we will reverse our route and ride back to our starting point at the Holiday Inn.

~ Ride time from starting point to Cocomo’s is about two hours. Total ride time for the day will be about 5-6 hours with stops for gas.

Short ride, but a nice break-in ride to start the season off.

Ride Map...

springride09map.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, let's get the attendance list going... who's in?

1. Sageronin
2. Postal
3. VAbusa

I am HIGHLY jealous of all of you! We lived in the Hampton Roads area for almost 10 years and I found the whole state/area beautiful. Take some good pics to share with the rest of us.
Anyone ever ride the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel? Is it too windy or just awesome?

I am HIGHLY jealous of all of you! We lived in the Hampton Roads area for almost 10 years and I found the whole state/area beautiful. Take some good pics to share with the rest of us.
Anyone ever ride the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel? Is it too windy or just awesome?

I've been through the tunnel and over about every bridge in that area, it's windy and awesome! The tunnel is freaky to me because I don't like closed-in spaces.

You can always come back to visit for the ride.... :whistle:

Depends on the crowd expected, but I am honestly tossing around just fixing something good for lunch and having the gang over...

No, I won't give you each a list of stuff I need done, like oil changes or picking up limbs LOL The cat box needs to be cleaned, laundry folded...gutters....no, I wouldn't do that to you guys :whistle:

I am tossing it around though...I make good lasagna :)

Depends on the crowd expected, but I am honestly tossing around just fixing something good for lunch and having the gang over...

No, I won't give you each a list of stuff I need done, like oil changes or picking up limbs LOL The cat box needs to be cleaned, laundry folded...gutters....no, I wouldn't do that to you guys :whistle:

Wow! I hope you have tools available...... :whistle:

We also want to take a ride to see the bay and get some money pictures. :laugh:

Wow! I hope you have tools available...... :whistle:

We also want to take a ride to see the bay and get some money pictures. :laugh:

It'll be BYOT (bring your own tools) by then LOL

We'll be very close to the Bay...if we opt to have lunch at my place, we may have time to head to Mathews where you guys can see the lighthouse :)

Just some thoughts...I'm just along for the ride :)

It'll be BYOT (bring your own tools) by then LOL

We'll be very close to the Bay...if we opt to have lunch at my place, we may have time to head to Mathews where you guys can see the lighthouse :)

Just some thoughts...I'm just along for the ride :)

The other ECHR Pres is up for it Chelle, let me know for sure.

Thanks!

Tom.

If I'm cleaning cat boxes, I'm taking the cats home with me. I like cats more than I like most people.

And lasagna... I like lasagna. Cats are optional in that...

Back