Me VS. Wife

Would you let your significant other tell you what to do with your money?

• My lover is also my banker

Votes: 12 13.8%
  • My money is mine her's/his is her's/his

Votes: 43 49.4%
  • I am illiterate because my other half is also on this site

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I make the money, I make the rules

Votes: 31 35.6%

• Total voters
Women do like to feel secure. As long as there is a roof over my head, food in the cubbard, bills paid and money going into a savings of some sort, BusaWhipped can buy whatever he wants. Yes I said it and it is in writting. :laugh: But seriously, he works 70+ hours a week at a job he HATES. I could never tell him he can't buy a toy or go on a trip with the guys. I agree with what many have already said, wait until you get home and decide together. Things are already stressful with the two of you apart.

Can you give my woman lessons?? :whistle:

Can you give my woman lessons?? :whistle:

No lessons required. Just love her and listen to her and she will do the same in return.

The old saying a happy wife is a happy life is true, but if husband isn't happy neither is the wife. So make each other happy!!! :thumbsup:

I can't make an informed descision without knowing the most important details. Are you buying the narrow or wide wheelbase 450?:poke::laugh:

Lots of good advice here. I'm wanting to get the R, wide wheel base. I don't think a sport quad would do me any good in the woods when I live in a place without trees. She's def a happy camper. I never really do for me and she'll admit that. She just doesn't want to see money go away. What's the point of saving saving saving if we can't spend a little?

MLSDUKE, The man always has the right to be the last voice heard in any discussion...that should always be "Yes, dear". Let's talk about psychology of women for a second??? They are not like men at all in many respects. Men are always boyz even as they get really really old. My 81 year old dad after almost 60 years of marriage lost my mom. Several years later he is like a college boy running around with his 65 year old girlfriend...giddy at times. I have a deep respect for what you are doing for a living. You are making some cash right now above and beyond the call of married life. Your days and nights are far away from home and you are paying a bigtime premium to earn that cash. I respect your wife's point of view also. She is alone, working, and surely missing the hell out of you. She feels a need to exercise some control here over the finances. The bottom line here is that you are in a contractual arrangement...and it plays on all levels. What a lot of guys can tell you in the aftermath of a nasty divorce is that they are expensive beyond all imagination. The reasons divorces are expensive is because they are worth it. But if you are married and have a decent companion and there are no IEDs going off in the relationship there is no reason to bail out. As a young couple the words compromise and negotiation are not always easily learned. Sir, I recommend that you just "can" all of this stuff until u get home. Single life is easier in some respects...but being alone is no cup of tea either. U need to persuade her why u want something and negotiate it with her. Perhaps the upgrades u need on the bike are "safety items" that will keep u safer...that is why I needed BST carbon wheels for flickability, Race Tech suspension for better handling, Brock's full titanium race pipe to lighten up the bike so it would respond quicker....:laugh: But remember if mama ain't happy..no one is happy. She needs to feel that you respect her input and you will need to find a way to accomplish that. Maybe the quad can wait until after a house is bought. Maybe you can rent a quad to play with the buddies...you know your wife better than any person on the planet..

We have roughly $1000 left over each month going into a savings acount. We don't really have a plan for that money yet but I think we're leaning towards buying a house when I get back to FL. But right now I'm making another $1000 on top of that which I want to use to upgrade the bikes and get a quad with.

House 1st, toys 2nd. She will let you have that stuff once you get a house. You may make the money but your married so spending is a joint decision.

MLSDUKE, The man always has the right to be the last voice heard in any discussion...that should always be "Yes, dear". Let's talk about psychology of women for a second??? They are not like men at all in many respects. Men are always boyz even as they get really really old. My 81 year old dad after almost 60 years of marriage lost my mom. Several years later he is like a college boy running around with his 65 year old girlfriend...giddy at times. I have a deep respect for what you are doing for a living. You are making some cash right now above and beyond the call of married life. Your days and nights are far away from home and you are paying a bigtime premium to earn that cash. I respect your wife's point of view also. She is alone, working, and surely missing the hell out of you. She feels a need to exercise some control here over the finances. The bottom line here is that you are in a contractual arrangement...and it plays on all levels. What a lot of guys can tell you in the aftermath of a nasty divorce is that they are expensive beyond all imagination. The reasons divorces are expensive is because they are worth it. But if you are married and have a decent companion and there are no IEDs going off in the relationship there is no reason to bail out. As a young couple the words compromise and negotiation are not always easily learned. Sir, I recommend that you just "can" all of this stuff until u get home. Single life is easier in some respects...but being alone is no cup of tea either. U need to persuade her why u want something and negotiate it with her. Perhaps the upgrades u need on the bike are "safety items" that will keep u safer...that is why I needed BST carbon wheels for flickability, Race Tech suspension for better handling, Brock's full titanium race pipe to lighten up the bike so it would respond quicker....:laugh: But remember if mama ain't happy..no one is happy. She needs to feel that you respect her input and you will need to find a way to accomplish that. Maybe the quad can wait until after a house is bought. Maybe you can rent a quad to play with the buddies...you know your wife better than any person on the planet..

Ahhhhh who asked you :laugh:

if she has a job and contributes then yes she has a vote,

if not
she has an opinion and you may or may not take it into consideration when you decided what to do with your money you made while in the desert getting shot at with few showers

if not
she has an opinion and you may or may not take it into consideration when you decided what to do with your money you made while in the desert getting shot at with few showers

I couldn't disagree more. Whether the wife works outside of the house or not has no relevance to who controls the money coming into the household.

Lots of good advice here. I'm wanting to get the R, wide wheel base. I don't think a sport quad would do me any good in the woods when I live in a place without trees. She's def a happy camper. I never really do for me and she'll admit that. She just doesn't want to see money go away. What's the point of saving saving saving if we can't spend a little?

Set up a few savings accounts and decide what % of the household income goes into each every payday. When your toy account has enough in it, then you can get your toy, fully paid, no hasstles, no arguments about how much it's drawing down long term savings, etc. Our Credit Union allows us to have multiple sub accounts under our main one. You should agree how much to seed the new accounts out of your current single account together.

if not

lmfao, yeah and we'll get a pool going on how long til the, "my wife wants a divorce!!??" thread is posted. I live with my fiance, and our kids. I'm the only one working right now, and if I even jokingly brought up what you said, it would be a game on fight. I'm guessing you might be a single guy?

WOW, I LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUVE being single.......................it works for me.

Rio

We are not here for a long time, we are here for a good time....

A lot of good advice here. I'm going with the advice of wait until you get home and start planning your finances together. Then again, what do I know. I'm single and just bought a k8 busa on a whim and my last girlfriend bought me a 2009 BMW 1200GSA. So I may not really have a firm grasp on marriage reality!

Makes me glad I am divorced. As someone said earlier, "treat her like a queen". You can treat some women like queens and it is still not enough and want to tell you want to do with your life. But that is of topic. You should not have to "ask" your wife, girlfriend, etc what you can and can't do with your money. Unless both of you agreed before hand that any income is "our" money then that is different.

In my 54 yrs I've had 30 or so bikes, over a dozen sleds, 8 or 9 boats, and 3 wives. So speaking from experience, well, lets just say I daydream about my next toy alot more than my next wife. Marriage is overrated, IMHO. But that's me, a man has to know where his priorities lie and act accordingly.

Back