Me VS. Wife

Would you let your significant other tell you what to do with your money?

• My lover is also my banker

Votes: 12 13.8%
  • My money is mine her's/his is her's/his

Votes: 43 49.4%
  • I am illiterate because my other half is also on this site

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I make the money, I make the rules

Votes: 31 35.6%

• Total voters
Wow ... I can see why divorce rate is so high. I feel if you marry the right person you are both willing to do what it takes to make things work. I have been happily married for 24 years we have 6 kids. Deb and I don't always see eye to eye, but we both take the time to work on the other persons needs. When I wanted my new busa she asked me to show her the numbers. The numbers were good but she still didn't want to say yes, so she asked if it was what I really wanted. We decided to go just a little cheaper and it worked out great...

Ok to the real question is she right or are you right... Answer you are both wrong... Work it out so both are ok with what happens.

2cents worth lol

1ibandit
88 ZL1000, 07 KaBusa
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow ... I can see why divorce rate is so high. I feel if you marry the right person you are both willing to do what it takes to make things work. I have been happily married for 24 years we have 6 kids. Deb and I don't always see eye to eye, but we both take the time to work on the other persons needs. When I wanted my new busa she asked me to show her the numbers. The numbers were good but she still didn't want to say yes, so she asked if it was what I really wanted. We decided to go just a little cheaper and it worked out great...

Ok to the real question is she right or are you right... Answer you are both wrong... Work it out so both are ok with what happens.

2cents worth lol

1ibandit
88 ZL1000, 07 KaBusa
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Words of wisdom 1ibandit. We'remarried 21 years and still very happy. I see people talk about mine and hers. Once you say "I do", you are accepting that everything from that moment forward is ours. It doesn't matter where it came from, both parties have equal say in where it goes.

Yesterday when we were checking on Luci, I spied a used 750 on the sales floor. I've been wanting one for the track since last year. She should see me drooling over it. I had them pull it out so I could sit on it. mrsBW told me to negotiate the best deal I could and take it home. I knew I didn't have the cash in my toy fund, so I told them I had to think about it and left.

Mutual trust and respect goes a long way in happily married.

One Ex-wife, now one future wife.
One I was the main income, one where she was.
Money is and was never an issue.

We go half on the bill's,
we go $ for $ into our savings.

After that what ever each has left over is there own.
She has a company car and zero interest in vehicles.
I have a Ute, Car, and 4 registered bikes, looking at a
5th bike for the end of the year. She's quite happy with that.
If I can earn it, I can buy it.

You are likely not going to like my answer. When you put the ring on her finger, spending the family money became a joint decision.

You two really need to get on the same page or the marriage is going to suffer.

You didn't give all the financial details but I've done some if the same things. I wish I would have put off many of my purchases when I was young. I had a blast but I would have much more wealth to buy toys now.

Grab one of Dave Ramseys books and see if you think it would work for you. I wish I had many years ago.

Dave ramsey is the man!!! Get total money makeover asap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

We've worked out a deal. I'm going to buy stuff from Pashnit for both me and my wife's bikes. I'm forsaking the quad, for now, and we will return to the subject when I get home. I'm happy with this because I'm turning my painted pony into a street demon. +6 swingarm, clutch, levers, the list goes on and on but its a list for both bikes. She's happy with it, I'm happy with it, all's fair in love and the passion for riding. I love my wife, she's a ***** and a half, I couldn't ask for better. :thumbsup:

I was going to say that you should focus on ONE toy. Getting many toys is a route a lot of people take and end up broke with junk laying around. Some guys make serious money, over 100,000 a year, most don't. Keep saving and loving on that woman. Sounds like she enjoys saving money. I have had many guys with wives who will spend at the drop of a hat. Having a wife who does not waste money is a real keeper. You will always enjoy that securioty and lack of wasting money she has. My wife doesn't like to shop. I love it. No money drain going on with a woman like that.:cheerleader:

If you have more than enough to make the payments then it should not take long to save the money to just pay cash for it. All money made in a marriage is shared and to spend it it should be agreed upon by both parties.

It all worked out well in the long wrong. She was wrong, I was wrong, she was right, I was wrong. You guys know how it goes lol. Nah, jk, WE made a good decision and compromised on both ends. I love her to death, she's a b!tch and a half, couldn't go without this one. She is definatly a keeper. Now if I could only get her to wash my truck naked........ :laugh:

It depends and I dont think I have enough information to side with either of you.

You say you make enough to sustain life but you dont say how much is left over past that point. Do you pay all your bills and sustain life and then have $10 bucks leftover each month or $10,000. I'm not judging or saying what is or isn't enough but if you have $1500 or so leftover each month after your current obligations and you have a nest egg then I would side with you. If you have $150 leftover each month after you meet your obligations and there is no backup then I would side with her.

The fact is, you married her so now you have to come to an agreement together because you as a couple control the funds.
Very well said,oh how i wished id saved more when i was making good money,because it only gets tougher,problem is is that you dont realize it.

I think marriage is overrated. I couldn't have a women dictating my money. This is coming for a guy that has did 24 months in Afghanistan as a contractor.

but it would be nice to go out and play with the fella's I work with whom all have quads.

If they all buy a new Porsche are you going to want one .

That called keeping up with the Jones and will ruin you and your marriage. you don't need a quad We save and try to pay cash for every thing I don't drive new cars I buy good used . Bought her little Honda over winter on layaway . I made the offer to my
dealer he thought it over and said ok.

We have raised 5 kids this way Wife stayed home I worked I don't have a fancy home or fancy cars . Busa was last new bike I will likely ever buy. Saved and paid cash . It was my retirement present.

Enjoy you life but don't think you need every thing your buddies have.

This is something that you and your wife have to work out together. If you do what you want with the money, she will probably start to do the same thing. My wife and me have a deal were we both have to agree to spend more than $100 on something. Money isn't tight right now, but we are saving in case of hard times. I would say that if you really want it, then convince her to get on board with the idea. Till then try to convince her.

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa...... Who started this thread back up? lol no, we've discussed it, worked everything out. Everything's good now guys. Honest! I'm just upgrading the Busa and we'll talk about the quads later in life (plural cause she wants one too). Its all good though. Let this post fade away into the background. Thank you everyone for the inputs though!!

Back