DMV Skill Test with the Hayabusa

I took the MSF course on my Busa. Required for the Texas license. Didn’t have any issues. I would drop my Harley if I tried.
I was contemplating on taking the MSF course, but I decided to give this a shot instead. Slow turns on the busa is tricky especially when the front wheel has to be within the circle. The slalom was not bad. Would recommend a smaller bike to do the test but since this was the only one I own, I had no choice but to test with it. Also makes sense to test on what you will be riding on the the streets.

I never took the test because when Florida started the motorcycle endorsement they grandfathered anybody in that said they wanted the endorsement. That was a long time ago.

I took the test during the class when I did it a few years ago in FL. Had great fun on the Harley 300's LOL WOULD not want to do it on my busa and def not with the stretch.

Someone could do the car driver test in a Ferrari but why put yourself through that much work?

Doing a motorcycle test on a bike such as a Hayabusa is a similar conundrum....it can be done but why put yourself through that when you can do it easier on a smaller, easy to flick around bike.

Someone could do the car driver test in a Ferrari but why put yourself through that much work?

Doing a motorcycle test on a bike such as a Hayabusa is a similar conundrum....it can be done but why put yourself through that when you can do it easier on a smaller, easy to flick around bike.

See post 5.

Ok. Where was he supposed to get another bike from?
A friend maybe?

This is not about the OP as he has already completed his task on his bike...and a well done to him...

Not everyone has this ability..

Most people learned how to shoot with a .22 not a 30-06-see the analogy there?

Did you do a course or challenge the test? What did you ride?

A friend maybe?

This is not about the OP as he has already completed his task on his bike...and a well done to him...

Not everyone has this ability..

Most people learned how to shoot with a .22 not a 30-06-see the analogy there?

Did you do a course or challenge the test? What did you ride?

You commented why use a busa in a thread where a guy used his to take the test. So sorry if I thought you were referring to him.
I did my course on a 97 Zx11 here in Florida when it was new as it was the only bike I had same as Op. But it was nowhere near what the Op had to do. Basically they checked it to make sure all things worked and I rode around the parking lot a bit. That was it.
Not sure id want to borrow a friends bike to do that either. Would suck to drop HIS bike on a slow move. Not to mention I don’t know many ‘friends’ who would entertain that idea to begin with? Most true bikers would sooner let you ride their girlfriend before their bike. :)

You commented why use a busa in a thread where a guy used his to take the test. So sorry if I thought you were referring to him.
I did my course on a 97 Zx11 here in Florida when it was new as it was the only bike I had same as Op. But it was nowhere near what the Op had to do. Basically they checked it to make sure all things worked and I rode around the parking lot a bit. That was it.
Not sure id want to borrow a friends bike to do that either. Would suck to drop HIS bike on a slow move. Not to mention I don’t know many ‘friends’ who would entertain that idea to begin with? Most true bikers would sooner let you ride their girlfriend before their bike. :)
I don't know anyone who has challenged the test in recent years...everyone takes the course these days.

I challenged the test in the early '80s on my RD400..and it was pretty much like you described but also like you eluded to, it isn't as simple anymore...

I don't know anyone who has challenged the test in recent years...everyone takes the course these days.

I challenged the test in the early '80s on my RD400..and it was pretty much like you described but also like you eluded to, it isn't as simple anymore...
Was your Rd purple? I had an 85 Rz350 that was its successor.

Back