Taking My my Motorcyle Test on the BUSA

I used one of their little bikes and passed no problem. Afterward I tried it on the Busa and it took me 3 passes at the slow turns to make all the cones. It's all in how they place the cones

I passed on my big, (real big) cruiser at DMV, then took the MSF course on it. Now driving the '08 zook around is a piece of cake, I cant believe how easy it is to control.

I took a Florida MSF course, and did the test on their old Honda 250cc bike. Aced it, and for sheets and giggles he told to me to try it on the VTX1300 I rode into class on. Just barely passed. The cones were so close together the bike hardly fit.

Good luck none the less.

Be in first gear. Slip the clutch all the time when in a turn. Be straight up right when going slow. Like walking speed. Use the clutch to control the power you need and hold the throttle steady 2000 to 3500 rpm. No points off for noise. No engine stall. My .02

Anyone have exact dimensions for the figure 8. I'd like to practice before go on friday. I have been able to do figure 8's on a two lane road, but Im not sure how that compares.
Most states follow the MSF experienced rider course dimensions.

they are 24' x 70'

The basic rider course tests at 20' X 60' for the smaller bikes. MSF has since allowed us to test during a BRC using ERC dimensions if the rider is using his own (larger) bike.

The busa will do it in the smaller 20 X 60 dimension. I have performed the demo for the exercise with my Busa in class often. I'm sure not going to say it is easy but it can be done with the right technique

Just got back and its a waste of time to even try taking the test on a busa in PA. I passed everything until he asked me to do 3 complete figure 8's in a 40' by 40' area. I just laughed and said do you see what i'm riding. Its not a honda rebel. He just said thats not his problem
guns.gif
. So I tried it and the handle bars don't steer that sharp on a sport bike. He said he have never seen anything over 750CC pass the test.

I just signed up for the free motorcycle course and I'll drive one of there bikes.

PS: If anyone can do a figure 8 in a 40' by 40' area I will need video proof of that.
Pennsylvania is heavy duty into MSF (even providing it free)I'm 99% sure you were not looking at a 40'X 40' box.

I'm betting on a 24' x 70'. And it can be done in 20 x 50 on a busa with room to spare.
The hars have to go all the way to the lock (and pretty quickly) to make it happen.

Good deal on signing up for the class. There is some great info there. I suggest following up with a ERC on the Busa as well.

I LEARNED TO RIDE ON A 1983 HONDA ASCOTT 500 LOL WHEN I WAS 16 WENT AND TOOK MY TEST AT 17 THEY TOLD ME FOR SAFTY PURPOSES TO GET ANOTHER BIKE LOL. SO I TOOK MY BUDDIES 250 NINJA NOT A PROBLEM AT ALL I WAS ALL NERVOUS AND TERRIFIED AND FOR WHAT?
rock.gif
?? JUST ACT LIKE YOUR ON A SUNDAY CRUISE!!!!!!

TOOK MY TEST ON A GIXXER 600...PIECE OF CAKE...NOW IF YA REALLY WANT A CHALLANGE DO IT ON A GOLDWING...THEY GUY BEFORE ME DID IT ON HIS...F THAT...HE PASSED THOUGH

I ALSO LIVE IN WV AND DIDNT HAVE TO DO FIGURE 8S AT ALL...HAD TO GO BETWEEN CONES COME TO A COMPLETE STOP WITHOUT PUTTING FEET ON GROUND SOME OTHER BASIC STUFF...GUESS I HAD IT EASY

Just got back and its a waste of time to even try taking the test on a busa in PA. I passed everything until he asked me to do 3 complete figure 8's in a 40' by 40' area. I just laughed and said do you see what i'm riding. Its not a honda rebel. He just said thats not his problem
guns.gif
. So I tried it and the handle bars don't steer that sharp on a sport bike. He said he have never seen anything over 750CC pass the test.

I just signed up for the free motorcycle course and I'll drive one of there bikes.

PS: If anyone can do a figure 8 in a 40' by 40' area I will need video proof of that.
Pennsylvania is heavy duty into MSF (even providing it free)I'm 99% sure you were not looking at a 40'X 40' box.

I'm betting on a 24' x 70'. And it can be done in 20 x 50 on a busa with room to spare.
The hars have to go all the way to the lock (and pretty quickly) to make it happen.

Good deal on signing up for the class. There is some great info there. I suggest following up with a ERC on the Busa as well.
+1 on what Rick said when I took the MSF Course I took it on my Busa and was able to do the figure 8's in side the square as well the instructor was impressed at the end of the course at how well the busa handled said I was the first Busa to come threw their course and complete the Figure 8's successfully. Trust me I wish I had video of me doing it 2 cause I was pretty impressed to that I was able to do it.

The test here in Oklahoma is a joke all I had to do was drive through a neighborhood then show I could change lanes thats it.

i just took my driving test here in texas last week all i had too do was drive through a few neighborhood streets with a dps following me in a car i provided no figure 8's or slow sections. if i would of known it was that easy i would of taken it 15yrs. ago

I was grandfathered in in Indiana until I walked out of the branch after renewing my DL and noticed (that night) that my endorsement was not on my new DL. Went back the next day and they would not let me have the endorsement back so I had to get a permit and then do the test. Showed up on a 1996 HD Fatboy and watched another guy drop his Heritage trying to do the turnaround. Bike looked bad with the rash on it and there was noway I was taking a chance with mine after watching it so I left and came back on a borrowed 250 and took the test and passed with no issues. But if you have the endorsement in Indiana and go to renew, check your DL and make sure that the endorsement is on your new one because once you walk out the door without it, your starting over.

When i moved to GA years ago, I took the test on a 750 Katana.  The test was not difficult at all. In my group there was a guy on a small bike (a honda rebel I think), an older guy on a soft tail, and an off duty cop on a new gsxr 750.  The guy on the rebel had failed a day or so before and came back to retest.  We all passed, but to be honest the cop should have been a no go.  He screwed up several parts of the exam yet still managed to pass.  I don't recall having to do a figure 8, but then again, that was a while back.

i just took my driving test here in texas last week all i had too do was drive through a few neighborhood streets with a dps following me in a car i provided no figure 8's or slow sections. if i would of known it was that easy i would of taken it 15yrs. ago
In my opinion that's the way it should be and used to be. Anymore in the dense metro areas the liabilities are too high so the make you do stupid crap maneuvers in a parking lot that you would otherwise never do. I don't know where I can do a figure eight in town legally other then at the DMV.

in miami it s impossible, even with my gsxr1000.

so, i rent a scooter.

the others bikers were initially laughing with me, but finally.....

the rent scooter shop made a lot of money this day

hayabusa.org.JPG

I took my test Saturday (Indiana)

I did it on my Busa and the only problem i had was the cone section. I missed one of the five cones.

This was still well within passing.

I dont see why it would be an issue in Indiana to pass on a Busa. One one my friends took his on a Harley Heritage and did fine also.

just passed my test today. had to do some tight turns, cones, emergency breaking,etc. passed with no problems at all. did it in their parking lot here in SC. no problems this big beast handles great. all i can say is clutch control my friend. i did all my slow turns at abt 5-9 mph handle bars locked from side to side (had to do hard left and right turns) leaned the bike some and i just balanced the bike by shifting my weight to the other side pretty easy. i tried it on my honda VTX1800 and i couldn't even make the turn to save mu life.

I passed mine on my first bike when I was 18. A 1989 Kawasaki EX500. Passed it with flying colors. I had the bike for 2 days!

Back