Taking My my Motorcyle Test on the BUSA

Did mine on my Busa too....only had it for a week when I tested.....no issues.

The hardest part was the slow sections....the key there is to get the bike in second gear asap. I know you're bogging the motor down in second gear but it is so much more forgiveable/smoother than first gear. JMO

DD

and BTW....the MSF Rider Coach told me that I was the first to ever pass the test the first time on a Busa. Second gear is what did it for me.

DD

Just find a scooter and fly through it
smile.gif

They use to divide it my state -

Under 50cc was a moped
over 50cc up to 250cc was a different class of MC License
251cc + License you could drive anything.

Now its anything considered a street bike over 50cc.

I crashed on my VT500 Ascot the first time cause I didnt want to put my foot down
banghead.gif

Than after that the guy behind me was on a FJ1200 (remember the size of that beast) and failed as well. We both came back the next day and wtfpwned the course.

The K8 in first moves like crazy - i cant imagine taking in on that bike without burning up the clutch and brakes.

Good luck!

Well if you can ride
race.gif
a Busa, you should be able to pass the test on one...
easybutton.png
the clutch is your friend! That is assuming you Busa is still in stock form...

If it was extended I would tell you, now way in hell"¦
firedevil.gif
you would not be able to do the figure 8 in the silly lil box"¦

i probbably could pass on my busa. but why bother if i can take it on one of there little 250 bikes lol.. i aced it 0 point deductions. All about the rider,

Took and passed the experienced MSF course on my Busa after only riding it a week. I had a few problems though
sad.gif
let's put it this way just dont PO your instructor or who ever is giving you the test....
laugh.gif

I took it on a GS500E that I'd been riding for 13 years and STILL had a hard time passing it. It was tough - I second the vote to get a scooter and ace it hahaha

Anyone have exact dimensions for the figure 8. I'd like to practice before go on friday. I have been able to do figure 8's on a two lane road, but Im not sure how that compares.

One thing I notice with the Busa is that the handlebars do not turn as many degrees as say my Strom. A really tight "8" could give it some issues compared to some other bikes. Took my Pa test the same day as my car test around 1972 on a Honda Dream 160 and it was NBD. On the other hand the Busa could prob drift through it.

+1 I took my test on a big bike too,1988 Katana 1100. Go to DMV and find the test course(usually some paited marks in the parking lot)and practice.Slow speed turns and real short distance stopping skills a must.
+2  This is what I did - found the course painted on the parking lot at the DMV and practiced a few times.  Passed no prob first time on a CBR954RR.

Just got back and its a waste of time to even try taking the test on a busa in PA. I passed everything until he asked me to do 3 complete figure 8's in a 40' by 40' area. I just laughed and said do you see what i'm riding. Its not a honda rebel. He just said thats not his problem
guns.gif
. So I tried it and the handle bars don't steer that sharp on a sport bike. He said he have never seen anything over 750CC pass the test.

I just signed up for the free motorcycle course and I'll drive one of there bikes.

PS: If anyone can do a figure 8 in a 40' by 40' area I will need video proof of that.

I had taken my test on busa in IL course was designed for less than 900cc bikes. It was challenging, especially cornering. The tester told me someone else layed their busa down on the same course. It's not too bad though. Good Luck!

I took my test on my slammed and stretched busa. The guy laughed and thought I was joking around. I told him nope and lets get the test over with. I passed
biggrin.gif

Back