I passed my drivers/riders test

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
My five year old driver‘s license was due to expire on my birthday in April and I’d planned on actually going into a DMV office to not only renew it but also to get that ’real’ ID that you have to do in person. I had to show them my birth certificate and two forms with my name and address like my electric bill and mortgage bill along with my license. Without a real ID I‘ve had to show my driver’s license and my birth certificate to buy a gun or ammo, but no more. A few days ago I got a letter from the DMV saying that since I’m over 70 I have to retest in person. Made my appointment at a tiny DMV office in a little town that I often ride thru. Turned out that I had to take a written test for my driver’s license and one for my motorcycle endorsement. Man I hadn’t been inside one of their offices or taken a written test in decades as I always renewed online or by mail. It’s all by computer now. Using a mouse and answering questions on a monitor I breezed thru them both missing just two. No demonstration test, just two written tests. They took my pic and charged me $45 so I’m good for another five years!

Yeah, I’m in the San Francisco area and our DMV is a lot easier than it used to be.
I sold two bikes last year and bought one, and all 3 times I handled the title transfers completely online.

I didn’t realize you were over 70 you don’t sound a day over 60 lol. Congrats on passing. Mines not due until 2027 but I’m going to get my real ID this spring.

none required here , you renew your driving license every 10 years , then once 70 , every 3 years, as long as your healthy (and can read a UK number plate at 20 metres ) you could self certify until your are 100+ ,

Back