Taking My my Motorcyle Test on the BUSA

Test_Eng

Registered
Been driving motorcycles for 15 years on a permit in PA and never had a problem.

I was thinking of finally getting the my license taken care of. And I was going to use my new 08 Busa. Anyone else ever take there test on a Busa? I believe the DMV is going to think im nuts. Buying the fastest thing on 2 wheels and taking the test on it. What all is involved in the driving test for a motorcycle? Left Turns,Right Turns, Figure 8's???

Not to say you can't do but I have never seen anyone pass it on a sportbike. Good luck and let us know how you do.

It's possible to pass it on a Busa .....alot of "slow" manuvering around cones that will pose the most difficult part. Good luck !

It will be a challenge on the busa. It is in Illinois anyways. I took the MSF course and got it that way.

I aced my FL exam on my busa. Instructor said he'd never seen anyone ace it on anything bigger than 1000cc (sportbike or cruiser). Go do some slow speed practice in a parking lot and you'll be fine.

Practice riding really really slow...
beerchug.gif

Do you think putting the bike in mode C will help? I have never taken it out of A.

And if it does work I will finally have a reason to use the motor modes
beerchug.gif

It's possible to pass it on a Busa .....alot of "slow" manuvering around cones that will pose the most difficult part. Good luck !
+1 I took my test on a big bike too,1988 Katana 1100. Go to DMV and find the test course(usually some paited marks in the parking lot)and practice.Slow speed turns and real short distance stopping skills a must.

took my test on a vfr 750.
in tx the dps follows along behind you in a car and driver you provide.
halfway thru a little mongrel dog runs up beside be, barking.
i kicked the little fkr and he did somersaults down the road.
i passed
laugh.gif

It depends on the state. Every state has different requirements. Some states you can just take the MSF course and once you get your card just present it to the DMV and they give you a motorcycle endorsement automatically....
cool.gif

I would call your local DMV and see what they require...
thumb_up.gif

Wow your states suck. In Wisconsin I took my test on my busa back in 2000 when I bought it. During the test I was followed by an instructor who talked to me through an earpiece(I just followed his instructions I didn't have a mic). As I recall all I had to do was demonstrate a panic breaking at about 40 mph, do a u turn on a regular city street without putting my feet down and a couple other things. Took me about 5 minutes. Anyway if you can't pass one of those courses on a busa, you probably shouldn't be riding it!

Wow your states suck.  In Wisconsin I took my test on my busa back in 2000 when I bought it.  During the test I was followed by an instructor who talked to me through an earpiece(I just followed his instructions I didn't have a mic).  As I recall all I had to do was demonstrate a panic breaking at about 40 mph, do a u turn on a regular city street without putting my feet down and a couple other things.  Took me about 5 minutes.  Anyway if  you can't pass one of those courses on a busa, you probably shouldn't be riding it!
LOL, our states suck and you had a instructor following you talking to you through and earpiece, had you do panic braking and a U turn on a city street? Naa, that does not sound dagerous at all
rock.gif

I do agree you should be able to pass the test fine on a busa no problem.. I remember taking my test and a 17 year old, could not have been more than 5 foot 5 took the test on a gold wing and aced it, that was a trip.. If you can ride slow and keep the bike under control you will be fine.

in pa u take the course and they stamp your permit then it becomes a license on the spot and they send u a license update card in the mail about 6 weeks later.

took my test on a vfr 750.
in tx the dps follows along behind you in a car and driver you provide.
halfway thru a little mongrel dog runs up beside be, barking.
i kicked the little fkr and he did somersaults down the road.
i passed
laugh.gif
I did the same thing (without the dog part) on my VFR 800. I think it would have been just as easy to pass it riding the Busa...I wouldn't worry about it.
thumb_up.gif

i just got back from passing my road test in Illinois on my k8. i hit 2 cones which is 5 points off and i stalled it which is one point. In this state if you get more then 11 points off you fail. get your states dmv rules of the road and they should have the tests criteria there for you. then go to the dmv when their closed and practice. hope this helps just do it you'll be fine.
thumb_up.gif

Back