concealed carry do you keep it chambered

Yes, always. I carry a Kimber .45 Ultra CDP II 3" barrel

Last edited:
I only carry with one in the chamber. I'm big on the idea if you don't train with a gun and aren't properly trained with that gun, you shouldn't be carrying it.

As far as what I carry and how, depends on where I'm going and what I'm doing. 95% of the time it's a Glock though :thumbsup:

If you have a CCW license you should have the proper training to carry a concealed weapon chambered. I went through the course and it is an 8 hour total course including the shooting range, and about 75% was on saftey, and holsters and conceal locations, also depending on what you wear and if your CCW was to big to conceal according to how you normally dress, weight, height etc.. At the shooting range the instructor had various caliber dummy bullets and would reload a mag with 1 or 2 dummies in each magazines to simulate a dud (not knowing where the dud was in the mag) so we could manualy eject that round to get a new round loaded. I carry a Model 22 Glock .40 Cal, I also have a .45 cal conversion barrel and .45 cal mags and a .357 conversion barrel and mags for the Glock model 22. Alot of people don't know how versital the Glock really is, any Glock can be converted into ANY size caliber handgun for about $100 -$150 plus the cost of mags... Be Safe out there an always be prepared. :beerchug:

When I carry my glock 21 on my hip, yes its ready to roll. At home under the pillow no, but ready by practice. Wake up pulling the slide back and getting out of bed. Hope that hearing it being racked would help scare the sh!t out of who ever. I just down sized to a .357 2" revolver for my CCW weapon. Easier then the Glock 21 to tote around.:thumbsup:

If you have a CCW license you should have the proper training to carry a concealed weapon chambered. I went through the course and it is an 8 hour total course including the shooting range, and about 75% was on saftey, and holsters and conceal locations, also depending on what you wear and if your CCW was to big to conceal according to how you normally dress, weight, height etc.. At the shooting range the instructor had various caliber dummy bullets and would reload a mag with 1 or 2 dummies in each magazines to simulate a dud (not knowing where the dud was in the mag) so we could manualy eject that round to get a new round loaded. I carry a Model 22 Glock .40 Cal, I also have a .45 cal conversion barrel and .45 cal mags and a .357 conversion barrel and mags for the Glock model 22. Alot of people don't know how versital the Glock really is, any Glock can be converted into ANY size caliber handgun for about $100 -$150 plus the cost of mags... Be Safe out there an always be prepared. :beerchug:

40 S&W to 45 cal ??? is this a 45 GAP by chance? The 45acp (Glock 21) is a large frame, the Glock 22 is a smaller frame. Many of the Glocks can be changed by changing the barrel and magazines but not all. And some don't need to change magazines.

Its got to be a small frame. I got a 21 and there isnt much for it like the smaller frame glocks!

But share the same frame as the 9mm full size. The G20/21 are larger frames so I dont have the list of options you have with your model.

It like modded a busa!!! Once you start doing it you, its hard to stop!! Oh the options are out there for the glock! Tactical turperware!!!!:rofl:

M&P Smith&Wesson 40CAL. here is my baby......

011.jpg

I could be wrong, they did make a few changes since I got my G21!

there have been a few minor changes over the years to the G21, but it is still a large frame. The G20 and G21 are built on the same size frame and both are large frames. The G22 is built on a smaller frame, the same frame as the G17, G31 and G37 therefore many of the parts such as the barrel will interchange.

M&P .40 is a sweet gun. Had one....gave it to my dad after he enjoying shooting it so much. The adjust hand grips are the trick!

Back