Anyone ever carry while riding...

Over_Easy

GEO-STABILIZATION EXPERT
Donating Member
Registered
Just curious if anyone carrys a concealed weapon when riding or travelling on extended trips...if so how do you go about carrying it? (tankbag, leather jacket, etc.)

Most of the time if I am riding out of town I have a handgun in the tankbag...
I also have Concealed carry permit so it's not a problem...

David

I am picking up a Glock 27 on Friday & was pondering the same thing. I think the tank bag would be the best place for it personally. I don't think I would want to have a get-off with a pistol in a shoulder holster... can you say broken ribs?
biggrin.gif

They make numerous concealed carrying items (fanny packs, backpacks, etc.) w/ velcro enclosures for quick access.

Does anyone know if there are tank bags with velcro enclosures for quick access?

I always wondered if carrying my 50. cal Desert Eagle in the tankbag would help keep the front tire down in 1st and 2nd gear...

David
poke.gif

I always wondered if carrying my 50. cal Desert Eagle in the tankbag would help keep the front tire down in 1st and 2nd gear...

David
poke.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Not the most concealable handgun....guess it would depend on how many full mags you were carrying as well. Dem' loaded .50 cal mags are heavy.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I carry pretty much everytime I ride. I always feel very vulnerable on the bike. Here is what I do and it works great. I carry a Tomcat (Beretta) 32 Auto on an ankle holster. I have a Glock 30 but it is too bulky, but I could carry it in a tank bag. Face it, if someone wants the bike they could get it. It would take me a while to reach down on pull that thing out, or access a tank bag! My buddy rides with a 9MM in his jacket.

BTW, I have a concelaed weapons permit. Its legal.

Be Safe.

I carry a two tone S.S. Sig P229 in 40. cal when I do have the tankbag...
The good thing about the 50. cal is that if the round just passes close to the intended target (victim) the concussion will knock them out, or at least stun them long enough for me to ride away without causing any permanent damage...

David

Inside jacket pocket - a little hard to get w/ gloves on - Yes I have a concealed handgun license

Remember that carrying it is one thing but having quick access to it could mean the difference between life and death.  Otherwise, just like an unloaded gun, its only a good paperweight if you can't get at it when the occasion requires. One other point to remember, a CWP is not good in all states, even for cops.

<!--EDIT|CBXRider
Reason for Edit: None given...|1146080324 -->

I am about to start. I finally broke down and got my CHL. SO I will probably be packing in the jacket or where ever else is comfortable. I was suprised to find out how many folks here in Texas are packing the heat on a regular basis.

Hey, Over Easy, you know I have to keep up my "Street Credibility" and keep it hood !!

BTW, I have a concelaed weapons permit.  Its legal.
[/QUOTE]
Of course,but it's still not legal to shoot anyone,although at times I wouldn't mind myself!!!
biggrin.gif

Specially in you neck of the woods,you might have to shoot Micky Mouse......
J/K bro....
tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|brendanp
Reason for Edit: None given...|1146089206 -->

Carry my glock 27 on the ankle,with concealed permit.It works well for me,just wish I could carry my S&W 500,8" of stainless really gets people's attention.

I am picking up a Glock 27 on Friday & was pondering the same thing. I think the tank bag would be the best place for it personally. I don't think I would want to have a get-off with a pistol in a shoulder holster... can you say broken ribs?
biggrin.gif
I can say it  
laugh.gif
Yes, I carry every time I ride. Shoulder holster,.40 cal, comfortable and I have CWP.
No I can say broken ribs not that I carry, you'll get in some bad trouble some bad federal trouble if you carry on base.

If you catch me out of my yard, I'm packin!

I have tried a number of guns and favor my Kirby CSP II .45 auto. However, the best I've found for a riding partner is the S&W AirLite 5 shot revolver in 357 mag caliber, made of titainium. It's so small and light, you hardly know it's there and shoots amazingly well for it's size.

I don't know how you guys with ankle holsters do that with riding boots. My sidi's fit way to snug to get a gun to fit. I'm thinking you probably ride in jeans if you use an ankle holster? Maybe someone could elaborate?

Yes, I wear boot cut jeans when I do the ankle holster. I have boots, but not motrocycle boots. They do not lace up that high. You may be able to strap the holster around the boot? Not sure.

Back