Conceal and Carry

I also have a SubCompact XD-40. Wonderful pistol! Goes bang every single time.

I've carried concealed for 18 years. Never drawn it, and hope I never have to.

I'm currently looking at a G-Code holster system to mount on the bike. It's a locking device that allows you to transfer the entire weapon & holster from belt to bike, or car to belt, or whatever you want.

I'm very hesitant to carry a 3lb steel lump anywhere on my person as I'm riding. But I also refuse to keep it zipped into a tank bag.

If I'm able to get a working system, I'll post a review.

Have you looked at the Blackhawk SERPA systems? I really like my SERPA paddle. They also have the quick disconnect style too. I know they recently received an award for best holster and many military and law enforcement departments are using them. *disclaimer-i work for ATK, the parent company that owns Blackhawk. However, I do love my holster! :D

I have shot since I could hold a bb gun and hit beer cans / pop cans...tomato stakes in the garden...being proficient is key....I like the xd 9 / xd 45 because of the tabs to indicate if it has one chambered / ready to go...just for conversation...is this feature common across other brands as well? The 92fs I have does not...glocks seem to be a favorite and off features that are ahead of the curve. I do not own one but I have seen some of the aftermarket parts / services and the are impressive.

I have a 30 round clip for my Glock. It would be a *itch to carry....lol. If I can't get the job done with 16, I am some serious doodoo.

Just for you flicka. I have a glock 20 with a +5 mag nothing better than 21 rounds of 10mm. And you can get a +4 four the glock 21

https://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=154

Man, that makes a big gun even bigger if you're trying to conceal. How's the reliability? That 10mm is a pretty hot round.

I do run a +1 extension on the 33, but that's really just to get another finger on the grip.

I always carry extra mags though. 13 + 13 + 13 + 1 = 40 total rounds of .45 ACP for my standard everyday carry. I know it's a lot for personal carry, but I became so used to having extras while at work that it just feels right. :laugh:

I.O. Hellcat .380 - ruger lcp copy- (when its tight), ruger p94 .40 cal rest of the time - i would hate to b caught without...

....I like the xd 9 / xd 45 because of the tabs to indicate if it has one chambered / ready to go...just for conversation...is this feature common across other brands as well? .

Ruger always implements a loaded chamber indicator on all their new pistols, and the M&P line has a window to peek in to see the round in the chamber. None as easy as the xd in my opinion though.

Although I thoroughly enjoy shooting my M&P compact over my XD subcompact both in .40 and I'm an XD fanboy. :laugh:

Back