Conceal and Carry

My 21st birthday present to myself (2004) was a Glock 21. Since then I've put some hard miles on it at work and in personal carry.

I also have a Glock 33 that comes out occasionally, but the 21 is still my go-to pistol.

I have Galco KingTuk holsters for each of those pistols, and have been very pleased with them.

I got my carry permit just a few weeks after my 21st birthday, so going on 10 years ago. In TN we're allowed to carry open or concealed. I always conceal, but I also don't get too worked up over a little printing. School is the only place I don't carry.

My weapon of choice is the xd-9 compact and I carry all the most of the time. The only times I don't is when I'm in MD,DC or work

My 21st birthday present to myself (2004) was a Glock 21. Since then I've put some hard miles on it at work and in personal carry.

I also have a Glock 33 that comes out occasionally, but the 21 is still my go-to pistol.

I have Galco KingTuk holsters for each of those pistols, and have been very pleased with them.

I got my carry permit just a few weeks after my 21st birthday, so going on 10 years ago. In TN we're allowed to carry open or concealed. I always conceal, but I also don't get too worked up over a little printing. School is the only place I don't carry.

I love my king tuk holster as well

To the ones who don't want to carry while riding because of percieved potential Addtl injury during a crash please provide case links citing your concerns have happened. I have never heard of a pistol on ones side being the cause of Addtl injury?
And personally I rear ended a mini van at around 25-30 impacting it on my carry side and nothing happened. I worry more about losing it while riding or it flying out of holster when crashing and losing it.

Carry 50% of the time.. Can't at work which is BS... I carry IWB, CZ Rami 9mm. I'm looking for a pocket carry atm for those quick out the door moments.. Thinking of a Ruger LCP or an AAM .22 revolver.

I practice with gloves, with jacket, with riding gloves, w/o gloves from holster, from knee, from off hand, practice practice practice. Nothing beats muscle memory.

Carry 50% of the time.. Can't at work which is BS... I carry IWB, CZ Rami 9mm. I'm looking for a pocket carry atm for those quick out the door moments.. Thinking of a Ruger LCP or an AAM .22 revolver.

I practice with gloves, with jacket, with riding gloves, w/o gloves from holster, from knee, from off hand, practice practice practice. Nothing beats muscle memory.

That's all the average person has in an incident

What's going on ? I don't keep up with the ( so called ) news.

england....no guns...islam has more rights than citizens...violent crime rampant...what more you need to know of WHY he wishes he had our RIGHTS... and tells us that we need to do more NOT TO LOOSE THEM

Haven't been keeping up, have heard of the islamic take overs in europe and how they challenge authorities. Was just wondering exactly what he was speaking of and trying to get his thoughts.

We've got an entire criminal culture in this country that does the same thing, but really with no end game or motive , other than to bump up against authority and they have won :laugh:

I know a guy who stunts bikes and puts a generic pocket knife with a belt clip on it in his front pocket...twice I have seen him jam the knife (closed) into his hip bone and almost cry...it is not much bigger than a pack of gum. Having a sub / compact frame on the small of your back / front pocket could go either way depending how you tuck and roll...I prefer the xd 45...with jeans and a t shirt while working it goes unnoticed...the 9mm seems high velocity / whistles through with less knockdown. I am not speaking from experience..just going off word of mouth. At the ccw classes I have seen women prefer a .22. I suppose it is better than nothing but the general rule is get away asap...shooting is a last resort.

I know a guy who stunts bikes and puts a generic pocket knife with a belt clip on it in his front pocket...twice I have seen him jam the knife (closed) into his hip bone and almost cry...it is not much bigger than a pack of gum. Having a sub / compact frame on the small of your back / front pocket could go either way depending how you tuck and roll...I prefer the xd 45...with jeans and a t shirt while working it goes unnoticed...the 9mm seems high velocity / whistles through with less knockdown. I am not speaking from experience..just going off word of mouth. At the ccw classes I have seen women prefer a .22. I suppose it is better than nothing but the general rule is get away asap...shooting is a last resort.

My wife carries a Walther PPK .22 because this is what she is comfortable with. It holds 10 in the clip and 1 in the chamber and she is a crack shot with it. I have no concerns about her carrying this weapon over a 9mm or larger because she is very comfortable and shoot the snot out of the .22 very accurately, even at 25 yards. When she shoots any of my larger caliber pistols, it unsettles or rattles her a bit. If (God forbid) she ever needed it, I figure 11 hits with a .22 is better than 7 misses with a 9mm.

My wife carries a Walther PPK .22 because this is what she is comfortable with. It holds 10 in the clip and 1 in the chamber and she is a crack shot with it. I have no concerns about her carrying this weapon over a 9mm or larger because she is very comfortable and shoot the snot out of the .22 very accurately, even at 25 yards. When she shoots any of my larger caliber pistols, it unsettles or rattles her a bit. If (God forbid) she ever needed it, I figure 11 hits with a .22 is better than 7 misses with a 9mm.

I've always respected .22. I grew up on a farm and my folks used to butcher there own beef once a year. For many, many years I got the same talk from my dad after he had just dropped a 1000 lb plus steer with one shot from a .22 rifle. "Don't ever let anyone tell you a .22 is a toy. Is just as dangerous and will kill you just as dead as those bigger guns."

Granted, accuracy and shot placement is everything with a .22 while a bigger caliber just tears more up and causes more damage. But, man or woman, if you shoot a .22 better than a bigger gun I see no reason not to go with it.

I would like to see a National Law for CC.
After all the background checks that have be gone through....
Why can't a person with a CC carry anywhere they want.
In any state, anywhere at all. There should be no place that is off limits!
Almost NO person with a CC wants to use their weapon ever. Only if they have no other choice.

It never made any sense to me to restrict some areas. That's like advertising to criminals that no one
in here has a weapon so come on in, with no fear of getting shot and shoot away. :firing:

Haven't they proved that an armed society is a polite society?

I agree 100% on being confident and accurate with what you carry.. I'd rather not get shot than with a .22 any day... I did not mean to discount the capability of the round...

I agree 100% on being confident and accurate with what you carry.. I'd rather not get shot than with a .22 any day... I did not mean to discount the capability of the round...

Didn't mean to imply you did. And you're right I don't know anyone who would agree to be shot as long as the gun is below a certain caliber. ???

I have a CCW. Gosh 20 years I think. I carry pretty much always. Well always in legal locations. And banks. Even though I can legally, I just don't think its wise.

I carry a Glock 22 alternate stacked with Hollow Point/Black Talon rounds.

Back