concealed carry do you keep it chambered

goodluck

boosted finally
Donating Member
Registered
just wondering if you have a concealed carry license if you keep a bullet chambered and if so or not what kind of gun do you carry and what kind of setup do you carry it in.

Yes, an unchambered gun is useless if you need it NOW !

Other I will not disclose on the NET:whistle:

Last edited:
Yep, I keep it chambered. Currently carry my 92F Beretta "half cocked". Changing over to a Glock 36(compact 45) this month, it will be chambered as well. Keep your finger off the trigger until you intend to fire.

Yep, why not? I keep 1 in the chamber on both the guns I carry (9mm & .45). One has a safety & one doesn't. I ain't got time to be pulling the slide to load one up if I need it in a hurry.

I stay ready, so I don't have to get ready !!

:whistle:

sorry forgot to answer my own question this has just been a debate with some people i know i carry a glock 33 chambered i have several different holsters, but have a few friends that carry in there pocket and dont keep a bullet in the barrel,

Yes, I have a Ruger P-89 w/ pocket pager leather concealed holster. Kel-Tec
I carry in my pocket & leathers - weighs 6oz. Double action.

if it's not chambered what's the point? The only time you should even consider putting your hand on it is if you're going to drop someone.

Do some guys just carry to show?

I would not chamber one... in a low threat situation.
Lets say you are on a trip and the weapon is in your center console or in a door panel. No I would not have a round chambered.
If you broke down and had to walk for help, chamber a round.
I would also have my wife and kid chamber rounds in their weapons.
Generally I would not have a chambered round unless the weapon is on my hip.

Good question, not many people think about it.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Do they even allow law abiding citizens in California to carry guns anymore?

I'd like to find out.

yes...with 10 more in the clip and the safety on.

I keep one in the house unchambered but full clip, but it is so hard to pull back the wife cant even do it...so I feel more comfortable about having it unlocked

If you find yourself without time to go from Condition 3 to 1? Then you need to work more on your situational awareness. Not that hard to see potential.

I'm not saying there is a RIGHT or WRONG way to do it. Israeli military carry in condition 3, many times our own military is taught the same. Not an all bad way to carry, prevents a lot of accidents, and can slow the gun being used against you cause many criminals are also criminally stupid. It all comes down you how you train, if you train...

I'm all for CCW, but I've met so many "mall Ninja's" and "Range Commandos" talking tough about their "Carry Strategy" while displaying their tricked out 1911 Yadda Yadda only to then watch them Yanking the trigger, have no stance, no practice, no skills whatsoever... It's like watching a first time rider on a Busa... Just embarrassing and sad.

So, TRAIN as you plan to FIGHT, I'd say that's most important regardless.

The chances you'll ever need your CCW are extremely slim, the chance you'll NOT recognize the threat ahead of time is even more remote still... However the chance you'll panic, jerk your weapon out of it's holster and shoot yourself in the leg while carrying in Con1... Pretty darn good given the amount of time folks actually spend training, practicing, and drilling with their weapon.

QUICK IT'S an EMERGENCY, You draw your weapon, jamming your finger into the trigger guard, yanking wildly you then mash the SLIDE RELEASE fishing for the safety, crap your pants and pass out from the exertion... Bad guy steals your gun and wallet... Giggles at your twitching prostrate form and moves on... :rofl::rofl: :laugh:

If you find yourself without time to go from Condition 3 to 1? Then you need to work more on your situational awareness. Not that hard to see potential.

I'm not saying there is a RIGHT or WRONG way to do it. Israeli military carry in condition 3, many times our own military is taught the same. Not an all bad way to carry, prevents a lot of accidents, and can slow the gun being used against you cause many criminals are also criminally stupid. It all comes down you how you train, if you train...

I'm all for CCW, but I've met so many "mall Ninja's" and "Range Commandos" talking tough about their "Carry Strategy" while displaying their tricked out 1911 Yadda Yadda only to then watch them Yanking the trigger, have no stance, no practice, no skills whatsoever... It's like watching a first time rider on a Busa... Just embarrassing and sad.

So, TRAIN as you plan to FIGHT, I'd say that's most important regardless.

The chances you'll ever need your CCW are extremely slim, the chance you'll NOT recognize the threat ahead of time is even more remote still... However the chance you'll panic, jerk your weapon out of it's holster and shoot yourself in the leg while carrying in Con1... Pretty darn good given the amount of time folks actually spend training, practicing, and drilling with their weapon.

QUICK IT'S an EMERGENCY, You draw your weapon, jamming your finger into the trigger guard, yanking wildly you then mash the SLIDE RELEASE fishing for the safety, crap your pants and pass out from the exertion... Bad guy steals your gun and wallet... Giggles at your twitching prostrate form and moves on... :rofl::rofl: :laugh:

Rev and Busa159 I have to agree with you here carrying in Con1 is a potentail risk only when I am alone in certain senerios would I carry in Con1.

Next time you purchase a hand gun. Stay away from the ones with a safety. Many people have been shot because of they thought the "safety" was on. Safety is between a persons ears, not a button or lever on a hand gun.

:whistle:

when CCW... cocked and locked (shortened 1911 commander) Going to replace it with a Glock 40cal one of these days..

Yep, what I thought. Not a single person in this thread is in California. Apparently they've outlawed guns here and only the criminals get to have them.???

Since I don't think I could carry a handgun outside my home in this state, I think I'd rather have a shotgun for the home. Racking a round in that has an unmistakable sound and may send the intruder (assuming you're using this for home protection) right back out the door/window he entered.

Back