Conceal and Carry

Excursion05

Registered
I see lots of gun related posts and questions so I'm wondering, how many org members have CCW and if you do, how much of the time do you really carry a gun?

Not trying to start a fight, just curious. I'm personally pro-gun and considering getting my CCW in Missouri. If you want to share what you carry concealed, that would be cool too.

I've had mine for a year and a half now here in TN. Carry 80% of the time. Only time I dont is when i'm going somewhere that I can't CC, but it's always in my car then.... Oh, and Glock 27 in Galco m7x matrix holster.

I'm pretty sure the cat's out of the bag for me, yeah I have a CCW permit.

I carry quite a few different handguns though, depending on the situation. My favorite at the moment for all day carry is probably my Ruger LC9. Or pocket carry the Ruger LCP.

But I carry quite a few others if I don't need to carry all day. I also don't carry all that often, it just is a feeling I get sometimes. It's not a novelty or anything, usually carrying is more of a pain than it's worth depending on where you're going, etc.

I don't require one, but i don't carry anymore either. I have debated lately if I should start again.

i have a ccw permit. I have for 20 years. I carry almost 100% of the time. My gun of choice is an XD sub 40

I also have a SubCompact XD-40. Wonderful pistol! Goes bang every single time.

I've carried concealed for 18 years. Never drawn it, and hope I never have to.

I'm currently looking at a G-Code holster system to mount on the bike. It's a locking device that allows you to transfer the entire weapon & holster from belt to bike, or car to belt, or whatever you want.

I'm very hesitant to carry a 3lb steel lump anywhere on my person as I'm riding. But I also refuse to keep it zipped into a tank bag.

If I'm able to get a working system, I'll post a review.

I have a CC and don't need it. I always carry. When I ride i usually put a SW 380 body guard in my back pocked or use a paddle holster with a 40 cal glock model 22.

I never carry on the bike. I don't want to carry on me in case of a crash, and I don't want it in the tankbag.

Plus shooting with gloves on is just foolish. It screams accidental discharge to me...

I never carry on the bike. I don't want to carry on me in case of a crash, and I don't want it in the tankbag.

Plus shooting with gloves on is just foolish. It screams accidental discharge to me...
Why ? You need to look at military and law enforcement operators. They wear gloves. Training, training, discipline. Now I'm not talking about some oversized armored out the butt glove, that would be ugly.

Why ? You need to look at military and law enforcement operators. They wear gloves. Training, training, discipline. Now I'm not talking about some oversized armored out the butt glove, that would be ugly.

Like Carbon Fiber knuckles? No thanks. And to be honest, I'd never be able to draw fast and efficiently under a leather jacket or in a tankbag. Why carry? Take the bike if that's what you want.

I can flee much faster on the bike from danger, or simply hop off if it's a "hi-jack" situation. If I jump off, I'm not going to grab my tankbag in the heat of the moment.

I just leave mine home unless I'm doing a trip or something.

No carbon fiber 1/2" thick knuckles. I think concerning the bike it's more of transporting, haven't heard of many bike bys, and if you rolled up on something, I mean really is this about self defense or protecting the public, if you rolled up on something, you'd go to cover and draw. In between those you would toss a glove and do some thinking and praying.

Just over five years now and carry all the time except in the bath tub! LOL I carry a H&K P2000 LEM with my crossbreed holster.

20+yrs with cwp in Fl. Carry 24/7. Have many and change to stay proficient with all.
But mostly carry P229 in .40.
Bots take the gun. One time just one time you may need it you'll wish you had it no matter how slow the draw.
And do3 is right shooting with gloves on is almost expected now as almost all military and Leos wear them.

You got a garage and time. Suit up, then hop off, use bike as cover and draw.
Practice practice practice.

24/7 and I sleep with mine..... Not in the context you are thinking... LOL
Now I lay me down to sleep..beside my bed a Glock .45 I keep............ :laugh:

and a 9 with 30rds in the mag very close :whistle:

never want to have to need it :please:

I have a carry permit and carry a Kahr CM9 with me when I leave the house unless I am going to work. The key is to have a way to carry it and a weapon that does not make it a pain in the ass. I picked a single stack 9mm and wear it with an inside the waist band holster. I have never had to use it in public (other than the one time I caught the guy breaking into my garage and held him at gunpoint), but I don't want that time to come up and not have it on me.

Be familiar with the weapon, practice and shoot it often to stay comfortable.

GetDynamicImage.aspx?dir=itemImages&path=SVimg-CM9093.jpg

I have had my CCP for about 2 years and have only carried my STI 40 twice on my person. I use to work for the ARMY and it was illegal to bring it on post and leave in my car. Personally I would never ride with it on my hip because if I Kay the bike down it could cause me to break my hip easier.

image.jpg

I've had a permit for over 25 years. For years I didn't carry, because I didn't feel the need. That changed the day I got married, the day my daughter was born, and the day the Gun-grabber in chief inherited the White House. Now I carry 98% of the time. Either a Kimber .45 in a Milt Sparks VM2 (IWB)(as I am right now), or a Glock 19/23/26/27 OWB (Jay's holster ROCKS) or a Bodyguard in my pocket. I'm even declaring/transporting via airline on my vaca..hate to do it, but would hate worse not to and need it...while riding: Just the Bodyguard in my jacket, because the only person I'm protecting then is myself, and I'm gonna run like hell first :)

I also have a SubCompact XD-40. Wonderful pistol! Goes bang every single time.

I've carried concealed for 18 years. Never drawn it, and hope I never have to.

I'm currently looking at a G-Code holster system to mount on the bike. It's a locking device that allows you to transfer the entire weapon & holster from belt to bike, or car to belt, or whatever you want.

I'm very hesitant to carry a 3lb steel lump anywhere on my person as I'm riding. But I also refuse to keep it zipped into a tank bag.

If I'm able to get a working system, I'll post a review.

Would love to see what you come up with. Keep us posted.

If you practice shooting with gloves on then it is not a problem to draw and make accurate shots. Key to anything is practice. I carry mainly for the reason to protect others if ever needed. Better to have and not need than to need and not have. You don't have to carry a big cal pistol to scare off a bad guy, most people don't want to get shot with anything.

Back