Anyone ever carry while riding...

Guns suck.  
sad.gif
Cool Gimmie you're address so I can come buy an take all your stuff,  slap you around while there, and have NO fear of your being able to defend yourself.  
smile.gif

OH OH, I'll even let ya call the Cops when I show up, so you can see just how useless they are at PREVENTING CRIME, they will show up just in time to take some pictures, tell ya how everything will be OK, and leave you a report.

Guns don't suck, they are tools just like anything else and allow a person to take PERSONAL responsibility for their own safety and that of their property and family.  Otherwise Folks just cry like a little girls with a skinned knees and they start calling politicians to take "action" doing whatever they can to try to take the focus off their inability to grow a sack, and take responsibility for their own safety.  

Anyhoo, hope that satifies your apparant desire for a response.

*Hugs*

smile.gif

Rev
Nope.  My response was generated from experiences in my life that you would never understand because you were born and raised in a society that honestly believes it is their God given right to kill people.  It is not, period.  I am not Liberal or Conservative and my comment had no bearing whatsoever on my political preferrences or vice versa.  Too many people die in this country because of guns.  The whole argument that guns don't kill people, people kill people is simply poor logic.  If there were fewer guns, there would be fewer deaths.  That is accurate.
Okay, here is a little challenge for you and your way of thinking...
Take a fully loaded gun, preferably a pistol, and lay it out in the middle of your back yard, out of site of the general public...
And just walk away from it...in a matter of a hundred years or so it will be reduced to a small pile of rust...
In all that time it will not harm or kill anyone...
It's an inanimate object...
It is impossible for it to kill someone...
Now, the problem lies in the fact that some moron could walk by and pick it up, and then all bets are off...
Said moron could kill someone with it...
But it's the moron, not the gun...
Get it now...

David

smile.gif

Guns suck.
sad.gif
They do if the other guy has one and you don't! .45 on occaision, I like 1911 style pistols. None of that plastic Mattel stuff for me.

Edit: Oh yeah, what about ice picks, baseball bats, knives, rocks, tire irons, vehicles, ropes, hammers ... but I digress.

<!--EDIT|FAVahalik
Reason for Edit: None given...|1146201941 -->

I can see both sides of the aurgument. Here where I live,just minutes from the Can/US border,guns just aren't nessecary.We dont carry because we are not allowed to.You have to pass extensive courses just to get a rifle for hunting.Its damb near impossible to get handguns and automatic weapons can only be owned by legitimate collectors. The street that I live on was built 37 years ago,we haven't had a break in yet. Yes,there is violent crime in Canada...but usually,if you want trouble you have to go look for it. Like any city,if you aimlessly wander the downtown streets at 3am you may end up getting hassled,but the chances of anyone brandishing a gun is like 0.00000001% . It just doesnt happen here. Now if we al started to carry guns,go to the bars get drunk,get into traffic road rage incidents,get in fights after sporting events or rock concerts...I think you'd see a lot more people getting shot.

We have the odd home invasion,the odd car jacking,but what good is a pistol gonna do ya when yer asleep on the couch in front of the TV...or talking on your cell phone at a red light.

I'm glad that 99.99999% percent of the swinging dikks in Canada are un-armed. My job has me in fairly close contact with 3 police agencies. Its not uncommon here for an officer to go an' entire 20-25 year police career without ever drawing his weapon,let alone firing it.

I have the personality type that if a 12 year old kid strung out on dope climbed thru my window late at night to hurt my little housemouse or steal my TV I could shoot to kill. Just make sure that its something you could live with for the rest of your life.

I have no guns in my house. I know in my heart that I dont have the kind of temper that warrants having guns readily available. I do have a nice allumimum baseball bat that I would love to swing at some dirtbags head. I feel it more sporting that way aswell.more fun to hear the crack of the bones,watch them drop like a sack o' krap. Yes,I have dropped someone with a bat before.Not at my house,at a party where things got out of hand. I'm glad that there was nobody there to start shooting. Another fear I have is when the shooting starts,how many innocent bystandards are gonna get winged aswell. Maybe even shoot yer own friends or fam.

Everyone thinks they are an' expert marksman...and they probably are...at the range. Paper targets dont move,shoot back,act homicidal/suicidal,or keep coming because you haven't planted yer high cal's where they needed to go. Why,because yer scared,angry,nervous,just woke up,or yer drunk,on meds,or yer just a crummy shot.

Guns were not nessecary in alot of European countries.They are not nessecary here. Most countries treat gun crimes differently than the US does. A gun crime in alot of European countries nets you life. In the US...you can be out on bail the next day.

Its a hot topic.... I'm thankful,they just aren't nessecary here.

Shoot 'em up boys..... RSD.

colt_gun_in_hand_spinning_md_clr.gif

Back to the topic at hand...

I have carried my P229 in a shoulder holster under my jacket quite a bit, but I want to get a smaller/lighter sidearm to carry on my person..many times I just throw a derringer in the tankbag....or in my pocket.

WI is still lagging in the CCW race. Our Governor vetoes the bill every time it is up and the locals we elect who run on a support platform, vote against it when the bill is up - I can only imagine because they are intimiated by the Great Mr. Doyle. I don't carry concealed, because it is quite illegal and my POST certification would certainly do me little good in the capacity in which I am now employed, in fact it wouldn't do me any good if I were an employed LEO now days - but I do carry with me a knowledge of how to defend myself, quiescent confidence, a healthy dose of quiet hostility toward mankind (in which I have absolutely no faith, very little ceases to amaze me anymore), my trusty little S&W edged weapon and a knoweldge of how to employ it should the situation arise - and along with that I harbor no indecision in taking another's life in order to protect myself, my family or another citizen. What scares me about CCW is the little man or woman who would just as soon shoot you as attempt to de-escalate the situation, or deter the would be theif/threat to their or another's person - because they lack confidence, they don't know how to communicate, they're scared to death. I also opine that the vast majority of those who carry concealed, legally, do not fully comprehend the ramifications of taking a person's life. I'm not discussing here the folks who ccw illegally - we all know that innocent as well as not so innocent citizens die every day from shootings. The streets are flooded with illegal guns, and we are certainly not safe. Anyone who believes they are safe and do not carry with them an alertness or constant awareness of their surroundings are fooling themselves and begging to be victimized. Yet we see  it everyday, don't we? It's sad really. Anyone sporting the wherewithal and will to purchase illegally can certainly obtain a pistol. And the vast majority among us are living in a false Cleaveresque illusion of the world today.

I'm not purporting that CCW is necessarily a bad idea, nor that citizens who ccw are bad or irresonsible people - certainly there are those denizens who are responsible and have the maturity, confidence and wits about them to deal with a potentially threatening situation accordingly, or at least satisfactorily, and without taking another's life unnecessarily - and now we tread into the question of exactly when is it necessary to neutralize the threat to your or another's person by not just disabling, but killing? I can't answer for everyone, can I? We can discuss force on force, escalation, de-escalation, use of force all day long and never agree. I can say that were I in a confrontation, I would use the fastest means available to neutralize the threat to myself, my family, or another person - if that means controlling or restricting the airway, crushing a joint, breaking a bone or dealing a blow that might or is meant to kill someone, I would do it - but I would not immediately snatch up my pistol and double tap with one to the cns, nor would I empty my clip into the general vicinity of the perpetrator.

I'm long winded, and I vacillate, and I'm on the fence. I don't agree with ccw in the vast majority of cases. Like I said, I have no faith in mankind. In fact, I have faith in very few people that I deal with on a daily basis, and that is sad, but it is true.

<!--EDIT|Busa_05
Reason for Edit: None given...|1146164739 -->

Well put, sir.

I honestly didn't make my statement that "guns suck" to piss you NRA folks off. If I did, I apologize. Hey, I live in America and I'm used to being the lone dissenter on the gun topic. You guys can keep carrying pistols like it's the wild wild west, I don't care. I choose not to. That is all.

Back to the topic at hand...

I have carried my P229 in a shoulder holster under my jacket quite a bit, but I want to get a smaller/lighter sidearm to carry on my person..many times I just throw a derringer in the tankbag....or in my pocket.
sorry...didn't mean to fuggin' bore ya...

Well put, sir.

I honestly didn't make my statement that "guns suck" to piss you NRA folks off.  If I did, I apologize.  Hey, I live in America and I'm used to being the lone dissenter on the gun topic.  You guys can keep carrying pistols like it's the wild wild west, I don't care.  I choose not to.  That is all.
Like I said, I'm on the fence and I vacillate anyway.

Besides, even if it would have pissed me off....your screen name and avatar would have COMPLETELY REDEEMED YOU!
smile.gif

It is truly sad that we have individuals whose minds work like this.

The gun is merely a tool.  No different than a rock, a knife, a bat, a spud gun, a big wrench...a car..  Just a tool.  

Any of the above items, and many others, when used by someone with the intent to harm can be deadly.

I could easily get really sarcastic, and attack your level of intelligence....but I won't.

The total lack of logic in your statement just amazes me.

I carry.  Often.  You'd never know either.  I don't carry to be a badass.....I carry to protect my family.

My 14 yr old daughter is an accomplished marks(wo)man as well.

It is our right to PROTECT ourselves.  I didn't say it is our right to kill someone...but make no mistake, if my or my familys lives were threatened..I would respond in kind.

I have just the opposite outlook as you;  I believe that if more people carried, there would be less lawlessness.  Think about it....how many robberies would there be if the would-be robbers knew that the chances were very high that they would be faced with an armed citizen?

I am a big supporter of law enforcement, but they can't be everywhere at once.  By the time they reach you..whatever situation you are in will be over..

You indicated that some event in your life brought you to the belief that ...as you say "guns suck".   I understand that things can happen in our lives that change the way we think.

But we can't allow these events to cloud intelligent, rational thought.

Lastly, a firearm is absolutely, positively the last resort.  

I hope that if you are ever in a life or death situation......that there is someone near you that does carry.
+1
super.gif

Well put, sir.

I honestly didn't make my statement that "guns suck" to piss you NRA folks off.  If I did, I apologize.  Hey, I live in America and I'm used to being the lone dissenter on the gun topic.  You guys can keep carrying pistols like it's the wild wild west, I don't care.  I choose not to.  That is all.
No need to apologize..but I think you missed our point here...

All I (and others) were trying to say is that guns themselves cannot hurt anyone. Therefore it isn't the gun that is bad. It is the individual that chooses to cause harm/do an unlawful act etc.. that is to blame.

I am an avid supporter of our 2nd amendment. But I also understand and respect that others have differing opinions. That is one of the things that make our country so great.

Shoot....one minute I'm trying to keep the thread on it's original track...and the next I push it off course again.
down.gif

I'll shut up now.
tounge.gif

quoting Rubbersidedown
You have to pass extensive courses just to get a rifle for hunting.Its damb near impossible to get handguns and automatic weapons can only be owned by legitimate collectors.......

Not true Rub, I am a Government of Alberta Verifier, a certified Range Safety Officer, and a hunter. I have had guns, including automatics, handguns, rifles, shotguns all my life, and I live in Alberta.
My wife can take the 2 hour Firearms safety course, and buy any non-restricted firearm made. Then she can take the 1 hour certification course, and buy any semi-automoatic handgun.
It is incredibly easy to get guns in Canada, but propoganda handed out by liberals makes people think they are evil and hard to get/buy/own.

I have competed in IPSC, taught firearm safety, taken the RCMP proficiency course (97%, proud of that one) and love to show people anything I can about firearms. Anyone over the age of 16 with a clear criminal record can legally own handguns and rifles in Canada.

Having a conceal and carry license doesn't allow you to carry a loaded firearm on/in a motor vehicle. Ask any LEO. Just my .02

you know I never ever thought of that........ thats in your state or all?
In Canada, when I go to ranges, it has to be trigger locked, secured in a locked case, preferably in the trunk, far out of reach of the driver or passenger, and ammo has to be kept seperate.

I never even thought that you guys down south would have to have it unloaded in the vehicle. Makes perfect sense though.

you know I never ever thought of that........ thats in your state or all?
In Canada, when I go to ranges, it has to be trigger locked, secured in a locked case, preferably in the trunk, far out of reach of the driver or passenger, and ammo has to be kept seperate.

I never even thought that you guys down south would have to have it unloaded in the vehicle. Makes perfect sense though.
Don't know about other states, but in Ohio you have to keep chamber opened and ammo has to be seperated in a way that you have to get out/off of vehicle to load gun.

Also, if you get pulled over you have to inform LEO that you have a firearm in your possesion.

<!--EDIT|Black Bird Killer
Reason for Edit: None given...|1146193867 -->

off and on topic- is anyone here from Montana- close to Butte or Great falls? I am in Lethbridge Alberta today, hour from the border, and while our dollar is at .90c usd, I was thinking I would like to run over and buy some ammo, maybe a new toy in .40 or 9mm, anyone know of any good gunshops or pawnshops in these 2 towns?

quoting Rubbersidedown
You have to pass extensive courses just to get a rifle for hunting.Its damb near impossible to get handguns and automatic weapons can only be owned by legitimate collectors.......

Not true Rub, I am a Government of Alberta Verifier, a certified Range Safety Officer, and a hunter. I have had guns, including automatics, handguns, rifles, shotguns all my life, and I live in Alberta.
My wife can take the 2 hour Firearms safety course, and buy any non-restricted firearm made. Then she can take the 1 hour certification course, and buy any semi-automoatic handgun.
It is incredibly easy to get guns in Canada, but propoganda handed out by liberals makes people think they are evil and hard to get/buy/own.

I have competed in IPSC, taught firearm safety, taken the RCMP proficiency course (97%, proud of that one) and love to show people anything I can about firearms. Anyone over the age of 16 with a clear criminal record can legally own handguns and rifles in Canada.
I'll sleep better at night knowing that....

no I wont. Now there are more ways for me to get killed.

I can do ok against a knife,baseball bat,rock,2x4.... but now some fukk just broke into your house,stole your arsenal,and is headed for my house.

Ya,guns are great.

this is one of those topics that nobody will switch sides on.

Is the world better off without guns?

You'd have to be insane to say we need them.

We don't. Just factor in the kids who accidently get killed with them each year.

Back