question for guys that carry a handgun

Saiid, in all the times I've seen that pic, I never noticed that was an 870P MM. Very nice! That's a fairly unusual piece and yet another common trait between our collections. :thumbsup:

It has rifle sights on it which no other MM has as well as the Police forearm which is the shorter rounder one. This is so it will clamp into gun racks in squad cars. The usual Remington forearm is too long and won't work in most locking racks. I've since changed out the sights for Trijicons.

Here's one on GB..
Remington 870 Police Marine Magnum 12 Ga 5047 RS : Pump Action Shotguns at GunBroker.com

That ones less than what I paid :(

It has rifle sights on it which no other MM has as well as the Police forearm which is the shorter rounder one. This is so it will clamp into gun racks in squad cars. The usual Remington forearm is too long and won't work in most locking racks. I've since changed out the sights for Trijicons.

Here's one on GB..
Remington 870 Police Marine Magnum 12 Ga 5047 RS : Pump Action Shotguns at GunBroker.com

That ones less than what I paid :(

Yep. I think mine was around $850. Got it from Lou's Police Supply in Hialeah. :beerchug:

Awesomely smooth shooting shotgun. The nickel finish really makes everything slide faster doesn't it?
I've had the thing out on my bro in laws boat and gotten it soaked in salt water. Spray it off with Remoil and it's like new again. Easiest to maintain shotgun I've ever owned.

Awesomely smooth shooting shotgun. The nickel finish really makes everything slide faster doesn't it?
I've had the thing out on my bro in laws boat and gotten it soaked in salt water. Spray it off with Remoil and it's like new again. Easiest to maintain shotgun I've ever owned.

I completely agree, the action has a great feel to it. I've never had mine out in the elements, but have no doubt it's ready to go.

Oh, and sorry for the threadjack. :beerchug:

Still gun related and since I was 'carrying' it I think it counts :)

Fair enough. :laugh:

Got any thoughts on the Kahr P9? I have unexpectedly acquired one, but don't have any experience with them. My wife likes the feel better than her G26, but we haven't taken it to the range yet. It's down on capacity, but if she's more comfortable and shoots better with it, then it'll probably be her new carry weapon.

My Baby....random pic from net....dont have any photos handy of mine...

images

Back