question for guys that carry a handgun

I've got two of these size. The Glock is a GREAT pistol as long as you know the downsides. It will fire just about anything in any condition in any weather without fail. It's easy to clean. Fits your hand well and aims naturally. The downside is that, when you put a round it it, there is VERY LITTLE safety (the tip of your pinky) and not much trigger pull. You have to make sure in a panic situation you keep your finger off the trigger until it's time to fire it....

The exact reason I replace the stock trigger spring with an 8# ny trigger. Crisp and deliberate.

You know. My belt has feelings to man, weve been through alot together. Im only messing. Im getting rid of the 40 it is to big no matter what belt I get. Getting a Kahr very soon. I carried my regular xd40 for years on that belt then the xdm40. It is time to go.

I'm only commenting and don't want to seem rude or insulting. A belt specifically made for guns has rigidity no regular belt can have. I have a full size Para Ordnance P14 .45 w/18 rnd mags. Even it won't sag the belt I have. If your belt sags like that, two inches down than likewise it will lift two inches past horizontal up. Thats four inches total movement before gun will begin to exit holster. Having a tight and firm rig is key to being smooth and fast when needed.

I've shot paper at 1000yds and steel plates at 5. Competed in GSSF, IPSC, Steel Challenge, 3 gun matches and numerous NRA rifle matches. Bring it :poke:

Again I didn't mean to insult your belt. It can go back to its slacks now :)

Personally I prefer slingshots to settle differences :laugh:

These are my carry guns .45 XD, Sub compact 9mm XD, and my 460 S&W (love open carry):laugh:

Carry Guns.jpg

oh dam i started a war talking about his belt lol... i carry daily and i started out with cheap belts now i have a good gun belt and it looks dam good and is worth every penny

No I started it :tantrum:

whoa thats weird as hell i posted the comment right after he posted the pic and it quoted twotones post not his.. WTF lmfao ok ok ok ill give you the credit and seriously if your going to carry carry the right way with a good belt... with that belt i can strip that gun off his side easily.. push down and out and since its so loose itll spin out and pull and gone haha

Now that undergear shirt is pretty cool! Thanks for posting that!

ive got a shirt just like it and found out its about worthless... if your wearing a tshirt your eff'd and if your wearing a button up your ripping the buttons off to get to it

Well, see, that's the thing. Don't wear it with a t-shirt, it won't work.

If I'm on the bike, I wear my motorcycle jacket over it. No shirt. Sometimes I wear a button-up shirt but leave it unbuttoned. A very casual look that provides complete, fast access to my weapon.

It's all about preparation.

Well, see, that's the thing. Don't wear it with a t-shirt, it won't work.

If I'm on the bike, I wear my motorcycle jacket over it. No shirt. Sometimes I wear a button-up shirt but leave it unbuttoned. A very casual look that provides complete, fast access to my weapon.

It's all about preparation.

thats why i carry my 380 in the pocket of my jacket.. easier to unzip that than the entire jacket n pull ... i just hated my shirt i thought it was uncomfortable

I'm just pointing out the particular cautions that MUST apply with a striker fired weapon (Glocks) when you carry with one in the chamber. The margin of error is much less than with a double action (or even double action first round)...

I'm just pointing out the particular cautions that MUST apply with a striker fired weapon (Glocks) when you carry with one in the chamber. The margin of error is much less than with a double action (or even double action first round)...

I really don't see Glocks anymore dangerous than any other gun that doesn't have a separate safety lever.
You have to depress from straigh on the glock trigger. If not the trigger safety lever will not allow trigger to pass into frame and fire weapon. You can however snag a beretta trigger from the side or something else and fire it just as easily as a Glock. Granted it takes less pressure to fire a glock than others the chances I don't see as much greater.

First rule of thumb is keep your dang finger out off the trigger until you want it to go bang.
The only time I've ever really witnessed an unintentional discharge is when some people still had finger inside trigger guard and holstered their weapon. The holster pushed their finger up and fired the weapon. One was a Taurus Pt92 and another a Sig 226. Both were still hammer cocked on single action because neither person decocked them before attempting to holster it. One could argue that maybe just maybe had it been a glock safe action trigger the intial feeling of having finger inside may have been enough to alert them before they applied enough pressure to fire it. On single action hammer back it only took just a touch to set em off. Luckily neither person shot themselves but one did have to sit down and could not continue class.

I'm not going to rip on War or anything, but here is my experience with belts. About two months ago, I walked into Cabelas and bought a 5.11 belt. One of the vinyl-ish belts with the velcro that holds the belt on, and is reinforced with Kydex..

Just like this one: Operator 1 3/4" Wide Tactical Belt | Tactical Belts | 5.11 Tactical

I LOVE THIS BELT! I've never owned a belt that has ever made an impression on me. Usually they just hold my pants up, but this belt is AWESOME! In two months I have never once had to pull my pants up (you know, the usual fat man dance) and you don't even realize you have a belt on. And when I carry, you can't feel the gun at all. From the first night I used it, I seriously asked "where has THIS been my whole life?"

:rofl:

Can't believe I'm getting all worked up over a belt. LOL

Seriously though, for under $40 its the best money I've spent (clothing wise) in my life.. I've sold like 3 friends on them since and they all feel the same way!

I really don't see Glocks anymore dangerous than any other gun that doesn't have a separate safety lever.
You have to depress from straigh on the glock trigger. If not the trigger safety lever will not allow trigger to pass into frame and fire weapon. You can however snag a beretta trigger from the side or something else and fire it just as easily as a Glock. Granted it takes less pressure to fire a glock than others the chances I don't see as much greater.

First rule of thumb is keep your dang finger out off the trigger until you want it to go bang.
The only time I've ever really witnessed an unintentional discharge is when some people still had finger inside trigger guard and holstered their weapon. The holster pushed their finger up and fired the weapon. One was a Taurus Pt92 and another a Sig 226. Both were still hammer cocked on single action because neither person decocked them before attempting to holster it. One could argue that maybe just maybe had it been a glock safe action trigger the intial feeling of having finger inside may have been enough to alert them before they applied enough pressure to fire it. On single action hammer back it only took just a touch to set em off. Luckily neither person shot themselves but one did have to sit down and could not continue class.

Saiid, I would defer to your vast experience on this subject, I am comparing any short/light stroke trigger to one with a longer stroke (as compared for instance to my Bodyguard, or even the Baretta 92F with the hammer down. That's at least 3x the distance and 2x the force required to get the hammer to drop. Like you said above, both these instances these guns were in single action mode, and I think you helped reinforce the point I was trying to make.

The OP was from someone who is apparently buying their first gun. Just like someone who rides the Busa for the first time, and everyone says "show the big girl the proper respect or she'll show you", debating the finer points of CCW helps them understand the issues, whether they are ready to understand them or not.

Back