1st Annual Hayabusa.org Meet-n-Greet!

Comeone people we need more votes ya don't need to sound off just vote and hope you can make it i don't see why alot of you can't i know work can be a pain but with enough notice can't the time be taken off?

I think u guys should hike up your skirts, and ride to Ontario!!
Hahaha just kidding, i think i might attend this if everyone is serious about this! Colorado well im from ontario can someone do the math for me?
far .... pretty far ... yep its far
smile.gif

Here is my official submission for ideas of next years get-together.

My first idea is Colorado.  The roads and scenery are GREAT.  Tons of different routes to ride and sights to see.  Find a hotel on the edge of Denver or maybe Colorado Springs and that way, you're only a short drive away from being in the mountains, plus you have some choices for various types of night-time activites if any members choose to go out after putting on 300 or so miles of riding earlier in the day.

I was looking at next years calendar and saw that the 4th of July is on a Monday.  This would be a good oportunity for a 3 day weekend for a lot of people.  Maybe have a Friday evening greeting party for all those that can show up at the chosen hotel the night before.  Saturday morning, have maybe a few different routes planned out so riders can choose what they want to see and where they want to go.  Maybe some good twisties in the canyons or some longer rides up through some of the higher passes.  Sunday, I'm guessing would be the biggest turnout with some guys not being able to do the whole weekend, so maybe have one big group ride that dah to some really cood destination, and then maybe a BBQ back at the hotel that evening.  Monday, again, have a few different rides for people to choose from.

I know in the past that the football stadium in Denver usually puts on a really good fireworks show that draws a good good croud.  That might be a nice way to end a 3 day weekend of riding.

Please consider this idea in the list of submissions.
I really like this idea, especially coming down from the great white north eh!!

I'm for Colorado...thinking a cross country trip with my father might be one of those "once in a lifetime" things. He loves Colorado...hubby stays home with the kids...yep, this sounds like a blast...
cool.gif

I'm in for Colorado....only because I'll be livin just south of there by then.

Hey...when is the Vegas trip happening next year? Anyone know who's goin?

Dan

<!--EDIT|UR IT!
Reason for Edit: None given...|1100059789 -->

Polls close this Saturday better get your votes in AND plan on attending next years Meet-N-Greet....

How about new mexico there is space plus plenty of killer Mtn rides and everything is alot cheaper than most places plus Albuquerque is right on I-40 so nobody could get lost and the tourism dept would help you out with location big enuff for 2000+ bikes since they do hold a Goldwing ride in every year and sponsors for this size ride in would come easily from local shops:D

I havent followed this post cause I figured it was too far but Colorado sounds cool to me and I was planning to head there this next year anyway. We tried gettin something together about 3 years ago but logistics were troublesome... I even suggested Hawaii when I was there ... but to no avail... Laguna is an absolute for me but I would be happy to be at any bike event anywhere.
biggrin.gif

When the votes are tallied what are going to be the final factors for deciding.....as far as when and where. I know we will know what state.
rock.gif

When the polls close, I'll make a final post in each declaring the voting is over! I'll start with the post declaring how many meets will have. This will determine how many of the Meet-N-Greet locations go on to the finals. If only one Meet is agreed apon, then the Top Two locations will move on to the finals. If Two Meets are agreed apon I'll select the Top three to move on to the finals. In the unlikely event of a tie, the tied locations will be counted as one and both will move on....
Next, will have another "Two Week" Voting period to determine the Final location/s of Our official Meet-N-Greet! The polls will close for this event on November 27th, 2004 @ noon CMT. When this has been determined We will begin the selection process for EXACT dates/times for the agreed apon location. Using an open Forum for suggestions will narrow down the time frame in only 1 Week. Finally that gives us 1 week to nail down the Final agreed apon time frame... My thinking is we need to get this done ASAP so folks can start planning to make this time available (Work, Home, Etc...) The final city selection will be the last thing we do, including the where everyones staying and who's bringing what. These details are important, but I feel as though there secondary to getting a time frame nailed down.. Questions, comments, suggestions please post now or forever hold your peace.

I voted for Colorado, and this is why:

I grew up in Arkansas, and that's where I learned to ride and love motorcycles. I've riden through the Ozarks, and enjoyed the beauty it has to offer. My parents and relatives live in Arkansas, so it would seem to be the natural choice for my vote, BUT...

When I was about 15 years old, we took a trip to Colorado. We went camping near Colorado Springs, went to Pike's Peak, went to some gold mines, and just touring around in general. I can honestly say that Colorado is ONE of the most beautiful places I've ever been to. The scenery alone would be worth the trip even without the riding, but the riding would be awesome as well.

I only hope that I can get the time off to be able to go.
cool.gif

Or Montana for that matter.  Great riding in Montana too...
Montana Would be great. We have alot of great roads and very lieniant LEO (read not many) If you were looking at Montana You would want to do the flathead, the bitteroot, or the gallatin areas. (best scenery) If You pick the Flathead area You would want to do it in july when the Going to the sun hiway in Glacier Natl park is open. The gallitin area is about the same time frame to run with the bear tooth pass run and Yellowstone park.

Alright Peepz , get onboard and place your vote if your gonna show.

YO Bug , how many Tru Rydaz do we have committed for this Co. Round Up Meet? Maybe we can start sign up sheet with just there names only .

Back