1st Annual Hayabusa.org Meet-n-Greet!

ks-waterbug

Group Buy Guy
Donating Member
Registered
Folks its time to start planning our first official meet-n-greet! Other sites have been doing this for years with great success...
1. We should decide on a date...
2. We should decide on a location, maybe by poll...
3. Start making plans on attending...

I suggest next spring (This gives everyone approx. ten or so months to make arrangements!)
I think its only fitting for Captain that we make this close to his home turf!
I'm in! Anyone else interested in making this happen? How many Busa's can we get to attend this gathering?

Well Hell You called it man! How about Your Place?
biggrin.gif

Actually I would Vote for Colorado.  If nothing else it's pretty central and there is Great Riding, and Lots of it.  Time it to coincide with the big Biker bash thingi up in Vail or wherever the hell....  There are a lot of Board Members in the Colorado area that could give local advice on where to stay etc.

The biggest perk would be it's a decent vacation destination all on it's own.  The Cali Folks can swing through Vegas, The NW folks can hit the Tetons and Yellowstone, The SW folks can hit Moab and Arches, and the East coast folks can hit Umm, The Ozarks?  BUT Colorado is worth the trip... I( am Thinking Busa's on Trailridge Rd?
rock.gif
11K feet???  Colorado really would be a pretty ideal destination though...  absolutely choke full of Day long, LEO free Twisties, and it's pretty Central.

Heck we could even arrange something at BlackHawk or One of the other little gambling towns, should be able to get a decent package deal.

My .02

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1098974360 -->

Well Hell You called it man!  How about Your Place?
biggrin.gif
Done!  
1zhelp.gif

Colorado sounds good to me; along with Eureka Springs, Arkansas, Eastern Oklahoma... Whats everyone think?

Remember this is the first Meet-n-Greet and I was hoping to be close enough for Captain to come and visit....

I'll buy the first KEG!

OK If the Captain cannot make Colorado??? We all go to his house!!!!
laugh.gif

Well that's a helpful tid-bit S4Life... A bit early just to be tossing in your hat isn't it?

Well that's a helpful tid-bit S4Life...  A bit early just to be tossing in your hat isn't it?
nope actually it isn't. My job doesn't allow me vacation time. (we have 2 closings a year which are considered our vacation time) So the meet would hafta be very close for me to be able to attend.

plus I didn't realize most people were so far away towards the west.

<!--EDIT|suzuki4life
Reason for Edit: None given...|1098976132 -->

Eureka Springs is ALMOST in the middle and has plenty of places to stay for little or nothing! Plus, the location has some great rides.....

One other possibility is to have Two similtaneous events... One out West and One out East! Captain is welcome to attend either, none or both! These are just suggestions would love to hear from the rest of the gang. Sport-touring.net just held one in Eureka Springs this summer and thats what made me think of the location!

I like the two-event idea (East coast and West coast). The issue for me, and perhaps others, is that distance translates to time - that most precious of resources - that many of us are unable to secure in a large enough block to make the trip if it's too far away.

I'll support either idea ... one centralized event or two simultaneous events. Let's do this!

I can speak from experience that Eureka Springs Arkansas is a good centrally located choice. The riding opportunities in the Ozarks are abundant and will be new scenery for many members. The accommodations are readily available and reasonably priced. I suggest you read the SportTouring.net responses about their meet.

If there ends up being an east and west coast meet, I would vote for a location near the Deals Gap North Carolina area for the east coast. I have been to the Honda Hoot in Knoxville Tennessee 3 times and the area seems to welcome the motorcyclists with open arms. The next time I go, I am going to stay in Cherokee North Carolina instead of staying in Knoxville and riding an hour each way to reach the best twisties.

For one meet, Colorado would be great. Can't promise I could make it, but would definately try.

As for a west coast, there pretty much allready is one. Laguna Seca. MotoGP!!! Almost all west coasters who are willing to travel meet there in July. A lot of us allready have hotels and tickets.

Votes so far....
Colorado, city unknown
Arkansas, Eureka Springs
North Carolina, deals gap region

Count me in fellas and with the time frame, noone has any excuse for not being able to plan the trip. Yeah things arise, but as for now I'm in let's just saddle up on a location ASAP and start looking at lodging.

BD

We may have to have an East Coast & West Coast Date to compensate for 3,000 miles or so. Or if it's central/midwest that would be midpoint for both coasts. Either way I'm down.

I've done trips to Colorado and down to Arkansas this year and both would be great. For the East coast Deals Gap would be a great locale too. I went there last year and had a blast.

Count me in...

Back