THE 2nd ANNUAL HAYABUSA.ORG TRACKDAY!!

Re: THE 2nd ANNUAL HAYABUSA.ORG TRACKDAY!!

I just borrowed a High Resolution solid state camera and DVR. I have 3 cameras and 3 recorders on Luci for the track. Hopefully I won't have the technical problems that plaged me there last year.

Dennis. what kind of DVR do you have. I wanna try and get some sort of rig setup too. I might just go with the gopro camera. I'm not too thrilled with the resolution. it'll be good for youtube type videos, but on the big screen....yuck!!

UGH!!! must be monsoon season b/c we're getting hammered with some w#t weather.

weather.com sez Tooele, UT 40% chance of scattered t-sh*&wers on Sunday.

30% isolated r*&nshow#rs on Monday.

DRY WEATHER PLEEEEEZZZZZ. Someone please pay the weather bill.

Rain ??? Who cares if it rains...as long as it is only from 6pm-6am...it can
rain every frickin night for all I care :moon:

aight!

Just dropped the Gixx off to Tige Daane's cyclemall.net/Catalyst Reaction Suspension Tuning this AM. The Elka hasn't come in yet, though, he sez it should be in anyday. But, if it's not in by Thursday morning, we're just going with shims for the shock to raise ride height to work much more harmoniously with the BT-003's. But if the Elka comes, then we'll work on some major suspension adjustment/improvments. Possibly entertaining the thought of adding a 520 conversion kit and going down to a 16t fr sprocket. Less reciprocating mass=more hp and more torque.

oh yeah. 3 more days till I make the trek to Utah!! :beerchug::thumbsup:

aight!

Just dropped the Gixx off to Tige Daane's cyclemall.net/Catalyst Reaction Suspension Tuning this AM. The Elka hasn't come in yet, though, he sez it should be in any day. But, if it's not in by Thursday morning, we're just going with shims for the shock to raise ride height to work much more harmoniously with the BT-003's. But if the Elka comes, then we'll work on some major suspension adjustment/improvements. Possibly entertaining the thought of adding a 520 conversion kit and going down to a 16t fr sprocket. Less reciprocating mass=more hp and more torque.

Hate to burst your bubble there Bro...but a gear change has NO EFFECT on
the HP or Torque output of your engine. Going to a 16 vs. a 17 will give you
some more acceleration...doing a 520 swap will reduce the rotating weight
and that will show up on a dyno, but depending on the condition of your
existing chain and the weight savings of the new chain + any less friction
loses with the new set up...it's usually less than 1HP...possibly only .2-.5HP.

almost time!!

just checked weather dot com and Sun and Mon are looking 40% chance of r--n. I hope the weather stays dry, or is only very intermittent and dry the rest of the day.

But if we get some w*t weather, I'll be working on the r--n riding skillz. I plan on riding every single session, green flag to checkered, ballz out, sub 3 minute lap times for 3 days. I hope the 003's hold out on r--n riding. :rofl::whistle:

Good luck stud!
almost time!!

just checked weather dot com and Sun and Mon are looking 40% chance of r--n. I hope the weather stays dry, or is only very intermittent and dry the rest of the day.

But if we get some w*t weather, I'll be working on the r--n riding skillz. I plan on riding every single session, green flag to checkered, ballz out, sub 3 minute lap times for 3 days. I hope the 003's hold out on r--n riding. :rofl::whistle:

Everythings loaded up and we are on the road. I'd post up a pic of the tow rig, but the cameras are packed already. I'm hoiping to be in Tooele by noon tomorrow.

Thanks to BOOS for selling me a headlight for almost nothing. I now have 2 complete nose assemblies. No more having to swap the lights and harnesses back and forth.

Thanks to semi for lending me his trailer and helping me load up. I'm hoping to get better gas mileage with his rail than I wouild with my utility. ~2700 miles for this trip, even a small change will make a big difference in cost.

you guys have fun...i want plenty of updates and LOTS of pics...sure wish i could be there with you again this year but you know i am there in spirit :beerchug:

Sorry you can't make it Semi :(

Awesome news, a little bird(ok maybe a big one) told me its gonna be a 2 group format all 3 days!! Wooohoooo!! Lots o'track time!

I'm loading up now. Lamb will roll in tonight, we hit the road O'dark hundred early in the morning...

Whoa! I wasn't going to bring pants, jacket or blanket. But after seeing the chance for rain and the lowest low of 48degrees, I'm adding those to my stuff. Looks like its going to start hot and end cold, pack for it all! See you guys there!!

Sat
Aug 30
Partly Cloudy / Wind
92°
69°
20% Precip
Wind from the South Southwest 18mph

Sun
Aug 31
Scattered T-Storms
73°
56°
40% Precip
Wind from the South 19mph

Mon
Sep 1
Scattered T-Storms
58°
48°
40% Precip
Wind from the West 11mph

We are here!!!! Holiday Inn in Tooele. Near the WalMart, can't miss it. Wifey took a bunch of pics along the way. Will post up later. What time are we supposed to be at the track tomorrow?

you guys have fun...i want plenty of updates and LOTS of pics...sure wish i could be there with you again this year but you know i am there in spirit :beerchug:

OK semi, you asked for it, you got it. The ~900 pics wifey and I (mostly wifey) took over the course of the 5 days of the trip.

Click the thumbnail for the full resolution (8 MP) picture

http://www.showmeriders.org/smf/Pictures/show%20images.php

Cool Dennis!! I haven't been able to check all of em out yet, but the one's I've seen are awesome! thanx for sharing the memories. :beerchug:

Back