Perhaps We Need To Start A Gen 3 Thread *

...or, we could start a "where the heck is the Gen 3" thread.

Both Kawasaki and BMW have the right idea where they use the same powertrain on multiple platforms. Suzuki followed with the GSX S, F and now Katana-the GSX might become the "bread and butter" platform.

Maybe Suzuki is going to step out of the hyper bike game. They probably figure-where does it stop? 300 hp, 400 hp, nobody would insure it so few would buy it.

Both Kawasaki and BMW have the right idea
where they use the same power train on multiple platforms .

Suzuki followed with the GSX-S, F
and now Katana-the GSX might become
the "bread and butter" platform .

Maybe Suzuki is going to step
out of the hyper bike game .

They probably figure
where does it stop ?

300 hp , 400 hp ,
nobody would insure it
so few would buy it .

I read that the H2 has about
100 pounds of torque
( and weighs 570 wet ) .

kawasaki-ninja-h2-price-india.jpg

....I take it the answer is yes, it is to the wheels..thanks.

Even if is has that kind of power, it is still an ugly bike.

so that is the power for sure no BS?
what I meant was... a gen3 hayabusa that had 270hp and gobs of torque would be faster than a 90 foot pounds of torque h2... AT THE WHEEL an H2 makes about 190 HP and 90-92 foot pounds of torque.. at least in 2015 those were the real numbers here... https://www.cycleworld.com/2015/11/...torcycle-dyno-run-video-and-performance-chart FURTHERMORE a hayabusa makes more torque down low... its just about these best motor to throw HP at

Last edited:
Usually advertised numbers are never wheel #s

I would have thought the H2 was running higher HP/TQ numbers seeing as it's top speed is so high.

What is a stock Gen 2 Busa capable of with it's limiter removed? If the '99/'00 Gen 1 was capable of 317kms/hr stock, the Gen 2 with no rev limiter should be capable of higher top speed as it has more hp, right?

Would Gen 2 top speed be comparable to the H2?

I know the H2R is a whole other beast but it isn't street legal-how are they doing on the track against their competition? Judging by their numbers, they should be cleaning up.

Back