Would you ride a dead mans bike?

Would you ride or buy a dead persons bike?

• No way!

Votes: 41 16.3%
  • Maybe ...

Votes: 45 17.9%
  • Yes if they died not on the bike

Votes: 53 21.1%
  • Yes, wouldnt give it a 2nd thought even if they died on that bike.

Votes: 112 44.6%

• Total voters

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
Just curious how the general feeling was about riding or buying a bike from some one who passed? ( Especially if they died from a crash on that bike? )

A few years back I tried to win a bid at a local auction on a GSXR1000 engine from a bike involved in a fatal crash. I ultimately lost the bid, but had no problems with it at all. The bike didn't cause the death.

As Rev said. The bike did not cause the death. The only thing I would be worried about is damage to the bike in the crash.

It does change though if you knew the person. There is an emotional aspect to it then that is very difficult to predict.

that's my :2cents:

Would only be thinking bad mojo ???

could be bad mojo or there is now a guardian angel watching over anyone who rides it now. He may have passed but maybe he still likes bikes. I would ride but would not buy a wrecked bike.

1. Depends more to me on what happened to the bike in the crash than the fact that someone died on it...

2. Then, also, it would depend if the person was a friend.

Those two things made me cast my 'maybe' vote.

I recall a case a few years ago that the rider was said to have been decapitated by a barbed wire fence, the bike was virtually undamaged other than minimal cosmetic ... I just think it would make me feel a bit wierd I guess... ???

Yes if they died not on the bike. If they were killed riding it I don't think I would want any part of it.

I'd buy it so long as it wasnt a wrecked bike. I dont care if he died of a heart attack in his sleep....got nothing to do with me.:poke:

If the person died on it ,, no way!

But if it was a good friends bike, yes i would ride it with Pride!

again ... matters if there was anything left of the bike ,assuming .. ??? the person died on it .. if the person didn't die on .. by all means ....lets, test it out ! :thumbsup:

If the person died on it ,, no way!

But if it was a good friends bike, yes i would ride it with Pride!

+100000

My Harley was my Father-In Laws harley, he passed 5 months after he bought it, I remember when I came over with it right out of the showroom...the first thing he told me was "this bike never leaves the family"

I ride it and keep it in good shape so I can pass it on to my daughters when they get married and have someone WORTHY of the Old mans ride..I ride it proudly and think of him when I do, I still miss him to this day.

Back