Night Riding

Do you ride after dark?

• Total voters
I only ride after dark if I am coming home from work! Then I even take another route to stay in the city so as not to hit one those big bucks/or does out on the road. I knew a guy that lost his brother after running his HD into a "Cow" down in Texas after dark, the cow happened to get out of the fence and was standing out on the freeway!

I work mids, 2300-0700 so night riding is an everyday occurance. Not a problem for me though. There was this one time when I was in a hurry (late), grabbed my helmet, took off, got two blocks down (at 35 mph) and put the visor down to realize I forgot to swap for the clear shield and ramped a median. Thank God I was going slow or I'da died I think. I'll never do that again.:duh:

When I first started riding I drove more at night as there was less traffic. I like driving at night (just make sure you have a clear visor and not the dark smoke shield on your helmet). I've never had any problems at night, I'm not home alot with driving a tractor trailer, but I ride regularly at night and in the day time when I am home

There was this one time when I was in a hurry (late), grabbed my helmet, took off, got two blocks down (at 35 mph) and put the visor down to realize I forgot to swap for the clear shield and ramped a median. Thank God I was going slow or I'da died I think. I'll never do that again.:duh:
did the same thing a few years back which is why ill be chosing a transitions shield for this year riding season

i work till 3 am so i ride in the dark alot!! plus i don't mind riding in the dark on the weekends , have to if you want to go somewhere :)

I like riding at night. Just keep the revs low and gear high. Deer always show themselves with plenty of time, if my revs are too high they seems to jump at me last minute. Low revs seems to keep them calmer

Back