if you could, would you erase some memories?

If you could, would you erase some memories?

• No

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 71 63.4%

• Total voters
I voted yes. I have some that I wish would just go away. Yes your memories make you who you are. I think someof mine make me hard and calous at times and I do not like being like that.
So YES, I would erase them. Just to stop the nightmares and make me a better person in my eyes.

No I have lots of good and bad mermories but they are mine and balance my life...

YeaH I would erase one in particular that has haunted me for 19 yrs..... Let me set the stage...

I was 20 and Kristie was 18 and she was 6 months out of highschool..... We had been dating for about a yr and we were in love....

We had been married for about ohhhhh 6 minutes, we just walked down the isle in a scurry to leave the church and all of our families were still sitting in the pews of the church. We walked out the back of the sanctuary and there was a little room where we went into to have a few moments alone and for our parents to join us......

My mom comes in and I am just full of emotion, I looked at Kristie.. she was beautiful (of course) and reality hit me right then... I hugged my momm and started to sob like a baby, everyone thought it was touching to see me so emotional until ............

I still don't know where these words came from but as I caught my breath with my head on my moms shoulder I sobbed and said " Mom what have I done" I didnt even think about what I had said or who was in the room but when I sucked it up and wiped the tears away, there was my beautiful bride of 8 minutes now with her hands on her hips and that look of " Oh no you didnt just say that"

Its been ackward ever since!

On our 19th anniversary a few months ago in front of everyone Kristie grabbed my mom, hugged her and yelled "Judy what have I done"

The laughing continued for hours... of course when she turned to see if I was looking I had my hands on my hips with that look you are sure to know.....

I want to erase that from my memory and my wifes...

cap

Last edited:
Captain, isn't that something you can look back on now and realize it was just a younger person's true paranoia about marriage? You obviously loved her and still do! Everybody THINKS that, you just got caught thinking out loud... the thing almost everybody REALLY thinks for a little bit. I would think that waking up every day since then and telling her you love her would easily make up for that over 19 years. Even if it is encouraged out of guilt... it ended up serving a larger purpose? :) Just some thoughts

I've learned from my mistakes. But if those memories were gone, I'm afraid I'd make those same mistakes over and over and over. The movie that made me think about all this is "CODE 42". It's a twisted sci-fi about accidently falling in love with your mom's genetic clone... yeah, not a real good movie, but made some interesting points about erasing memories in life. ETERNAL SUNSHINE OF THE SPOTLESS MIND does too and probably fits this question better. Almost all of Philip K D-i-c-k movies are about memories, erasing them, or implanting someone elses: BLADE RUNNER, TOTAL RECALL, IMPOSTOR, MINOROTY REPORT, PAYCHECK, SCANNER DARKLY, NEXT or about mental human experiece

60/40 split right now... interesting. Didn't have a clue how this one would turn out.

I would think that waking up every day since then and telling her you love her would easily make up for that over 19 years

1. You my friend must not be married
2. Regardless if it was a slip of the tongue, a government conspiracy or someone threw their voice in that room to make me look bad it happened and she will remind me of it every day if possible.

2. Regardless if it was a slip of the tongue, a government conspiracy or someone threw their voice in that room to make me look bad it happened and she will remind me of it every day if possible.

Ohhhhhhhh yeah

Yes, I would like to erase some of my memories, but I can't remember which ones they were.

I voted Yes only because I would have liked to Forget my Motorcycle Accident back in 89, holds me back when I ride sometimes.

Other than that Memories Create Character :afro:

I voted Yes only because I would have liked to Forget my Motorcycle Accident back in 89, holds me back when I ride sometimes.

Other than that Memories Create Character :afro:

Details of the accident could keep you from making the same mistake again. It does for me.

only if i could commit crimes, erase the memory, and then pass a polygraph :laugh:

seriously, i'll keep my memories up to this point, it's the only way i know who my true friends are :beerchug:

No, unh-uh....because what "was" might become what "is" and I wouldn't have a clue..... NO WAY !!!! :super:

Oh I am feeling it alrighty....

wait for it....

a new Tshirt!! "Mom, WHAT have I done!?" "Shuddup and Get outta the road!"

1. right you are. but as soon as I can find a girl that CAN LIVE in my "Fantasy world", she's mine! Seems most prefer pain and anguish over happiness?

2. that doen't seem healthy for either of you. constant negative reinforcement? easiest way to allow memories to fade is to move on

no way. I have a hard enough time keeping them now.Now where did I put that dang snow shovel.

LOL. Mine reminds me of where it is every time I dig in the storage shed by falling on my head. I'll keep what's left of memories too.

I voted yes just as an immediate response.

Then thought for a moment of two.

I don't think I would want to. All the events in our lives good and bad shape, mold, and make us who was are today. Maybe if I had ever been say a rape victim I would answer this differently.

Back