Have you ever worked in a Circus?

Have you ever worked in a Circus? - Did you run away from home?

• Yes, I ran away from home and joined a Circus

Votes: 21 95.5%
  • No, never ran away from home but I have worked in a Circus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, Never ran away from home or worked in a Circus

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

thrasherfox

BUSA
Donating Member
Registered
Ohhh look, a place for Polls, a place for every Poll and a poll for every place..

How is this NE?

Anyway, when I was ohhh I think about 14, I ran away from home and wanted to go to Texas. My friend and I were going to hitch hike to Texas.

On the way, we ran across Circus Vargas and found out they would eventually end up in Texas so we figured if we could get a job with them we could make money, travel with them until they got to Texas.

We figured it would be safer and at least we would have shelter and food while traveling there.

So who else has done the old "ran away from home and joined the circus" bit?

BTW, for anyone that never did, it is not all that it is cracked up to be, my friend and I worked in the animal tent shoveling elephant crap, wasn't all that glamorous

Can't say I did, but my best friend in high school did. We live in northeast OHIO, he made it as far as the Indiana/Iowa border before getting fired and moving in with the first chick that would give him shelter. He came home about 6 months later with nothing, no car, no clothes, no money. It was a pretty sad sight.

Yeah, Bill (aka MonsterSpeedFreak) and I used to work for the circus. Bill used to be the bearded lady in a farmers girl outfit and i used to be the Worlds Strongest Man. Ask him about it. laugh.gif

Yeah, Bill (aka MonsterSpeedFreak) and I used to work for the circus.  Bill used to be the bearded lady in a farmers girl outfit and i used to be the Worlds Strongest Man.  Ask him about it. laugh.gif
Are you serious!! come on! you pullin my leg? Bearded lady? you holden out on us MSF? smile.gif

Any pictures?

Yeah, Bill (aka MonsterSpeedFreak) and I used to work for the circus.  Bill used to be the bearded lady in a farmers girl outfit and i used to be the Worlds Strongest Man.  Ask him about it. laugh.gif
Are you serious!! come on! you pullin my leg? Bearded lady? you holden out on us MSF? smile.gif

Any pictures?
Yeah, he's on tour right now on Vancouver Island visiting RSD... RSD has one of those wind-up pop up things that plays some pop-goes-the-weasel tune... watch out for his monkey, that little bastid bites, then takes your money..

Elephant crap, hmmmmm. I don't even know what it looks like!! But that's a good thing. biggrin.gif

I've never seen this poll....

Too funny... laugh.gif The topic...

I mean, very informative Ron...yes indeed... smile.gif

I ran away from home at 17 and joined Uncle Sam’s Misguided Circus lmini001.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back