Would you be a member if H.org had a fee?

Would you be a member if H.org had a fee? - No slandering please ...

• Yes for $5 per month.

Votes: 102 99.0%
  • Yes for $50 per year (discount from previous option).

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'd pay but $5 per month is too much. (Please specify $)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No ... I'd rather leave than pay.

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NightCrawler

Love all. Trust a few. Do wrong to none.
Donating Member
Registered
I'm curious to know how many here would still be a part of the ORG if a membership fee was set in place.

I set up this poll on my own free will. No mod, member, nor sponsor put me up to this ... so please don't assume this is an actual test to see if someone can make any sort of financial gain.

I admit, I myself have been a member for well over a year and have yet to donate. Honestly, its just something I've always overlooked. I come here, read, post, leave, and repeat the following day. I've learned quite a bit here, have been able to educate quite a few, and have looked out for a few members here ...  but I have always overlooked the actual board. That's about to end.

NightCrawler's New Year's Resolution will be to donate at least $5 monthly to the board. Not because I have to or even feel as if I have to ... its just the least I can do for the place I call my net-home.

PS
I'd take the annual fee.

I'd pay whatever was necessary to keep this place as my internet home.

This board continues to amaze me; the latest of course is helping Ben (yamahor) make a trip to see his grandpa. Besides the generosity and willingness to help of the members, the comraderie is priceless. Heck yes I would pay.

Yes. Have in past, and will again. The money saved by knowledge on this this site is well over $50.00
PayPal sent. A small amount for so much.

There are alot of people that are willing to pay/donate but fact is that if it where required to pay then the site would not be what it is now. It would lose alot of people. I can see a part of the site becoming pay to use possibly... an area where only the donating members are allowed to post. It would be up to the mods to decide what information/areas would be allowed for donating members to access or if new areas would be added for that purpose. But i agree with Cap on not making the site a pay to use kind of place.

as in the other thread about this i will give all i can to help, no matter if its 5 a month or 50 a year, it is time to gather the troops and support the commander.

Dayum right, I'd be willing to pay to keep the lights on.

This place is worth a measly 5 dollars a month. That equates to me packing my lunch 12 days a year. super.gif

(Sloto200 @ Dec. 05 2006,08:26) There are alot of people that are willing to pay/donate but fact is that if it where required to pay then the site would not be what it is now.  It would lose alot of people.  I can see a part of the site becoming pay to use possibly... an area where only the donating members are allowed to post.  It would be up to the mods to decide what information/areas would be allowed for donating members to access or if new areas would be added for that purpose.  But i agree with Cap on not making the site a pay to use kind of place.
that could work however it works out though i dont want to loose this place so i would pay to keep it going i have made friends here and learned alot and enjoy the site......

I give money to the site but I don't think making it a pay to use site is the answer. I have to agree with Captain on that one. There are to many people out that what would just pack up and leave if they HAVE to pay to be here. Donations are a great way to help the site but if you make it a mandatory thing I think it will bite you in the butt.

I think the board would be changed if it turned into a pay site. Better or worse?? It wouldn't be the same place.

Cap has said time and time again, it'll never be a pay site.

I could see making a fee for members who want to post videos or large photos. Those take up all the bandwidth. Or just make the random thoughts forum fee based. That leaves the motorcycle info free and it should not require a ton of bandwidth if its just text and small pics.

I was going to sit on the sidelines and watch, but I'm sorry I need to just say one thing, well a couple of things.

I have no problem making donations to the Org., but some people who love it just as much as I do may not have the finances to do such and I feel we would be excluding them from the vast amounts of great information and people that are offered on this site. I believe we can come up with a better way to bring in enough money to keep things functioning without charging for access. I have seen some throughout the threads that are flowing currently on this.

As a fairly new member I am not sure if I would have joined right away or if I would have just moved on if I had seen a monthly charge needed and sign up for a free trial. Dont get me wrong it is a good way, but maybe not the correct one for our situation.

There are probably a core of members that donate regularly and some from time to time. If we charge a fee those would be the same ones who would pay it, so what do we gain?

Please do not flame me too badly...I just think we could come up with more than just a new fee.

Just my $ .035 worth and I am humbled in all of your presence. bowdown.gif

I'd pay $5 a month or $50 a year or whatever it is to keep Cap from financing the site. You could access and read the site without paying, but if you want to post, pm, search, or buy/sell, you'd have to be paying member.

yep, yes sir, absolutely, you bet...i just hope we can find a way of staying afloat without doing it

I say put a ticker with the amount cap has to pay each month or the yearly amount... and a paypal link... And as people send money watch it reduce... Just an idea... It would show what he has to go through each month to keep this place going. I would pay five a month or fifty a year...

Cap is the Father of this site I gather! And his dream / passion / vision is what kept us all coming back! Therefore the group we are today. I have a day off so I see what is being said here but most don't have a PC in front of them on the job. It takes all kinds to keep this site what it is! So if you all want a gated community get one and email each other till your sick!! I post as many pic's as the next person or maybe more! if Bandwidth Mc-call- it is wasted on picture files! why are there duplicate and triplicate unnecessarily in Quote etc? we can manage that. I joined a few other sites of Hayabusa riders and couldn't delete my account fast enough. My monitor melted and keyboard started smoking crack! So here I am but if A few think they are better than the average Joe on the public web they need a reality check! Lets have a fund the site meter for donations per month so we can see where we are on making the site run in the black! But no more ratings or bigger BALL'S that signify I gave more than you crap. lurk.gif

have a teared member level
no paying , limited to no sales in the classfides or group buy
paying member full run of the house

just my 2.5cents

WELL AS YOU CAN SEE I DON'T POST VERY MUCH BUT I DO READ WHAT YOU GUYS HAVE TO SAY.I MET THE CAP AT A PMRA DRAG RACE I WAS BESIDE HIM WHEN HE TOOK THE PICS OF THE GUY WHEELIE OUT.I TOLD HIM HE COULD SELL THOSE PICS BUT HE SAID NO HE ALWAYS JUST GIVES THEM AWAY.WHAT I HAVE READ ON THE ORG. THATS THE WAY HE IS.SO SOME SAY PAY TO BE A MEMBER COLLECT FEES, MAKE IT A TEARED LEVEL,MAKE IT THIS, MAKE IT THAT.SO WHO IS GOING TO KEEP UP WITH ALL THAT CRAP?JUST POST A PIC OF A NICE LOOKING BLONDE WIYH BIG HOOTERS ONCE A MONTH AND SAY ITS TIME TO PAY IF YOU WON'T TO PLAY.SOME WILL PAY LIKE ALAWAYS AND SOME WON'T.I DON'T HAVE PAY PAL AS I AM SURE OTHERS DON'T EITHER, JUST GET P.O. BOX FOR DONATIONS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back