Have you ever laid a riding buddy to rest?

Have you ever laid a riding buddy to rest?

• No. I never have and hope I never do.

Votes: 68 50.4%
  • One

Votes: 24 17.8%
  • Two

Votes: 16 11.9%
  • I hope I never do again.

Votes: 27 20.0%

• Total voters
I lost one of my best friend's OCT. 5th of last year. I was supposed to go on the ride, bu found out the night before that I had to work so I ended up not going. One of my brother's was on that ride and his gf at the time tried to revive him, but he was already gone. It seemed like it was all a dream until we put him in the ground. I still miss him to this day. We recently found out that he had a son that someone else was claiming to be the father of, so we now have a little reminder of him.

My sympathies to all of you who have lost brothers and sisters. At least they went doing something they loved, and I'm sure they want you all to ride safe for a long time.

Keep them in your heart and they will still be riding with you.

I've had 3 so far in my life. One freshman year in Hghschool. He was killed by a drunk driver. One I knew fairly who was a coworker's friend (He just bought a gixxer 1000 and caused his own death by trying to be a hot dogger on a new bike, taking a turn too hard on a bridge and fell over the side) and another buddy who I had recently met and began an acquaintance with. He died by another friends hand....they both left kinda drunk and his buddy ran him over with his pickup truck and dragged him a good 100yards! He definitely felt like ending his own life when he sobered up and found out what he had done. Notice something relevent of all these deaths? All caused by reckless mistakes that could have been avoided. :-(

I have known people that have died on motorcycles, never people that I rode with often. Last session the group I was riding with I felt like it would be any moment. :disagree: It was a huge disappointment because I actually really like a few of them as people. But I prefer to end my rides in my driveway with the rubber side still down.

I have since only been on one group ride, sadly that was Kevin's ride.

This saturday I went out the gap and was very, very nearly cleaned up by a Chrysler Crossfire driver. Took me less then a mile to run him down and inform him he would be on the other side of a @$$ kicking if I saw his "almost Mercedes" cross another double yellow.

The event ruined my day and I still don't have a clear head about it. I was doing everything "right" and still was almost wiped out. I'm 24 years old, with a beautiful girlfriend and I love my life. Yes I love doing the motorcycle thing but not nearly enough to give up the rest of what I love. Been a long time since I have thought of hanging my helmet up......???

I had too much experience with that in Viet Nam. I hope I never have to do that with a riding buddy. 1968 seems like yesterday sometimes.

:angel::angel::angel:Never let your guard down.. Ride safe,all of you..:angel::angel::angel: Sending the busa angel to all of you.

Just my Uncle, but he didn't die on a bike. Still 49 is too young. The parlor was Packed to over capacity and I got to meet his riding buddies, great group.

I too find my self giving advice an first bike, and being the father figure for newer bikers in my circle. I have 9 years of street under my belt but they look to me as an role model. My group like me up front to lead them on the rides, My roommate (25 years on the bike) brings up the rear to help keep an eye on the riders. If any have issues we talk at the next stop and help correct issue. I just hope this keeps my friends on a bike behind me and not in my heart.

I've buried over 15 of my friends and club brothers in my life. I am sure i will bury more. Each memorial day I visit the grave sites of those fallen.

Fact of life people, tell your brothers and sisters you love them every time you see them. You never know if that will be the last time or not.

I went to a funeral last year for a guy I never personally met, but I was the last one to post up on a local forum on a group ride we were going on. Told him Id see him there at the meeting point. He was killed on the way there. 5 of us showed up to the funeral on out bikes in full gear. we didnt know how we'd be percieved being there, but his dad was overly generous to us almost to the point of being wierd. He had us follow the hearse to the graveyard, in front of family, in front of him. It was an honor but I felt like I was almost intruding. I think about him quite a bit. Id say he went out doing what he loved, but I dont believe in that. His dad said riding was his passion and he had turned his life around and scrounged for 2 years for his bike, which he bought a month prior.

R.I.P. buddy, still thinking about ya

Yeah rough poll. I hav'nt and hope we all never have to. I always say if i perish on my bike I got to where ever it is I'm going to go the way I wanted to get there.

Back