Is it true that if U ride ......

Is it true that if U ride ...... - U "will" go down eventually ?

• Yes ..........ride long enough & it will happen

Votes: 117 100.0%
  • Yes...........only if "I" screw up

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No............'cause I'm a Great rider

• No............only the squids crash & burn

• Maybe .....explain below

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been down once. Wiff's been down once. Does that mean we're never going to go down again?! biggrin.gif

--Wag--

(Warputer @ Sep. 07 2006,18:49) Look !!  Someone actually chose "No , 'cause I'm a great rider. "    wow.gif
I give you two guesses who.

(MoosesBusa @ Sep. 07 2006,17:42) Made it through 20 years without ANY incident ... Didn't make it to 21 that way sad.gif It's only a matter of time. Only foolish people believe otherwise. FYI, I used to be foolish.
I was one of those Moose.

just put on your leathers.. go out and bin it on purpose.. get it over with quick!

hhaha. then you can ride like hell the rest of ya life and be good to go.

right?

hahaha.

Depends on how you ride. If you avoid/refuse to ride in the rain, ride very cautiously (slow pace), never throw caution to the wind (at 160+ mph) and you "fit" your bike to where you can manhandle it a slow speeds/turns then you increase your chances of not going down.

But if you ride the Busa like it's supposed to be ridden, it will catch up with you.

(qarnaj @ Sep. 08 2006,07:15) It will happen eventually. Too many uncontrollable variables out on the roads.
"Uncontrollable variables" - One Meaning of many- cagers who are oblivious!

great riders are fine, but their are alot of great riders in motocross ,road racing and drag racing ,sooner or later it's going to happen to the best!!! wow.gif because it's not always you that you have to worry about ,it's the other riders or drivers on the road with you ,not to mention animals!!! cool.gif

(extreemachine @ Sep. 08 2006,08:08)
(qarnaj @ Sep. 08 2006,07:15) It will happen eventually. Too many uncontrollable variables out on the roads.
"Uncontrollable variables" - One Meaning of many-  cagers who are oblivious!
+1
do you think harley guys think about this? some must that is why they where a leather vest laugh.gif

I voted maybe, because I believe it has to do with how much you ride. There are posers out there that have a bike (any kind) and ride 10 miles a month whether they need to or not. Those folks can get away with owning a bike for 2 or 3 years and not having a problem, but if you ride a lot, yep it is going to happen.

Don

(Over_Easy @ Sep. 08 2006,09:45) Depends on how you ride.  If you avoid/refuse to ride in the rain, ride very cautiously (slow pace), never throw caution to the wind (at 160+ mph) and you "fit" your bike to where you can manhandle it a slow speeds/turns then you increase your chances of not going down.  

But if you ride the Busa like it's supposed to be ridden,  it will catch up with you.
+1

Could be something as stupid as a piece of gravel when you come to a stop.......go ahead ask how I know this..............

Like the old saying goes. EVENTUALLY IF U RIDE A MOTORCYCLE U WILL DIE ON ONE SO YOUR GOAL IS TOO PRACTICE-PRACTICE-PRACTICE SO THAT U DIE OF OLD AGE BEFORE THAT HAPPENS.

Let me try to shine a light from a differant perspective.

I think if a person drives a vehicle long enough they will eventually have an accident, in either a car or a motorcycle.

So I dont think it is as much of a motorcycle issue as it is just the odds of having an accident the longer you drive.

If you ride a motorcycle more than a car, then your chances of having the accident on the motorcycle are greater.

If you drive your car more than your motorcycle (i.e. car main transportation and only ride the motorcycle on weekends or once a month etc) then your accident has higher odds of occuring in your car than your motorcycle.

And since everyone has at least one accident in their life, the severity of your injuries are dependant on what you are in.

getting rear ended in your car can often result in minimal injuries.

The same rear end accident if you are on your motorcycle can more often than not be severe.

So motorycle riders shouldnt get all offended when they are told they will eventially go down because the truth is they will eventually have an accident, either in their care or on the motorcycle. If that accident is on their bike, then more than likely they will "go down"

I think it will. If not by your error by someone elses. Someone elses errors has gotten by bike bit twice in 13 months now. Once while I was on it. Hope that is my twice for my life. I can't deal with any more.

Let me try to shine a light from a differant perspective.

I think if a person drives a vehicle long enough they will eventually have an accident, in either a car or a motorcycle.

So I dont think it is as much of a motorcycle issue as it is just the odds of having an accident the longer you drive.

If you ride a motorcycle more than a car, then your chances of having the accident on the motorcycle are greater.

If you drive your car more than your motorcycle (i.e. car main transportation and only ride the motorcycle on weekends or once a month etc) then your accident has higher odds of occuring in your car than your motorcycle.

And since everyone has at least one accident in their life, the severity of your injuries are dependant on what you are in.

getting rear ended in your car can often result in minimal injuries.

The same rear end accident if you are on your motorcycle can more often than not be severe.

So motorycle riders shouldnt get all offended when they are told they will eventially go down because the truth is they will eventually have an accident, either in their care or on the motorcycle. If that accident is on their bike, then more than likely they will "go down"
HOLY THREAD RESURRECTION!! tounge.gif laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back