Is it true that if U ride ......

Is it true that if U ride ...... - U "will" go down eventually ?

• Yes ..........ride long enough & it will happen

Votes: 117 100.0%
  • Yes...........only if "I" screw up

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No............'cause I'm a Great rider

• No............only the squids crash & burn

• Maybe .....explain below

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warputer

Father of 4=Madness
Donating Member
Registered
This poll stems from a post that myself and Pandemic disagreed on earlier . I used to think it wouldn't happen to me . Now I know better .

What do you guys think ?

I voted ride long enough and it will happen.

I know of some that have been blessed for 20+ years of riding and never having a jump off. Their bike has been down w/o them on it (tip over) though.

a get off doesnt have to be at highway speed and/or low/high siding... it can happen at 5 mph in the parking lot. Been there done that with my first 2 bikes. I to believe it will happen eventually.

I believe that it is WHEN, not IF. There are simply too many landmines for us to manuver through for something not to happen, ever.

That is why I try to dress for the crash, not just the ride.

(MC MUSTANG @ Sep. 07 2006,15:15) I believe that it is WHEN, not IF. There are simply too many landmines for us to manuver through for something not to happen, ever.

That is why I try to dress for the crash, not just the ride.
Amen brother. Better to sweat than bleed... ghostface.gif

Rash2.JPG

It will happen no matter what bike you drive.
In the 26 yrs,off and on of me riding,I have gone down 3 times.It just so happened it was not at highway or should I say 'Autobahn' speed!!
Once on a neighborhood street when the road was wet.
slammed on the rear brake cause a car was pulling outta side st. (talk about sliding out qwick!)

Once with my wife on the back hit front brakes on soft shoulder sand. (not going fast)

Once going around a rotary,hit sand again.(not going fat)

Ooh yea,it wil definately happen Pan!!!!!

It doesn't mean that your going to have a huge Horrible Crash, but by and large everyone falls over/crashes eventually. One way or another. I've done my share and so has just about everyone else.

Look !! Someone actually chose "No , 'cause I'm a great rider. " wow.gif

back years ago when i first learned to ride, i plowed over a dog riding a honda 100, which left me skint up ,so i would say yes it is going to happen to everone at one time or another

Made it through 20 years without ANY incident ... Didn't make it to 21 that way sad.gif It's only a matter of time. Only foolish people believe otherwise. FYI, I used to be foolish.

Ride long enough and you're going to dump it. It's unavoidable.

I think I read somewhere that statistically that average times a biker goes down in their riding career is twice.

And hey, if I drop it in the garage twice then I'm all the happier.... well except I had a little get off last year so I hope that's my 2.

I do not think everyone will go down eventually. I have been riding for 28 years, 24 years on the street and have been lucky so far. KNOCK ON WOOD!!

I think it could and prolly WILL happen....I'm sure there has to be at least one lucky soul on this Earth who is an avid rider and has never kissed the pavement.

I haven't met him yet....but has got to be out there.

KNOCKING ON WOOD........not showing off in any way......I stand here humbly giving you my info.
I have been riding on the street since 1991. Logged in roughly 50K miles(WHICH IS A LAME STATEMENT IN ITSELF) and haven't been down yet.

Maybe, I could be the chosen one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back