Have you ever wheelied...?

Have you ever wheelied on your Hayabusa?

• Yes, power wheelie(s) by accident.

Votes: 196 30.2%
  • Yes, clutch wheelie(s) by accident.

Votes: 46 7.1%
  • Yes, power wheelies. (On purpose)

Votes: 302 46.5%
  • Yes, clutch wheelies. (On purpose)

Votes: 104 16.0%
  • No, never. (I don't care about that sort of thing.)

Votes: 52 8.0%
  • No, never. (But wouldn't mind eventually learning either technique.)

Votes: 66 10.2%
  • Only baby ones through excessive throttle.

Votes: 85 13.1%
  • I stunt on my Hayabusa. (I also have a toilet made of gold. I'm so rich.)

Votes: 7 1.1%
  • Yes, it/they didn't/don't end well. (Wrecked/Rashed)

Votes: 7 1.1%
  • No. My bike doesn't respond well to 'YUT UNNNGGGH!'

Votes: 15 2.3%

• Total voters

Akumu

Registered
Another week; another Akumu poll...

Have you ever wheelied on your Hayabusa?

I understand 'Got' but there are many different types with different intentions (if any intentions at all).

Can choose multiple answers.

PS I don't care for stunting or doing 'show off' wheelies, myself.
PPS I hate that the thread comes up before the poll. I'd get a bit less ridicule if people could see the options from the onset. =\

Last edited:
Never have, never will:thumbsup:

But I do have a toilet made of gold. It's for the hookers's

Unless you are talking dirt. If you are talking quads and dirt bikes, I will stand those up all day long.:laugh:

I had an exilarating experience on our last little group ride, heading back in we turned onto this straightline stretch of pavement and everyone is let's just say accelerating quite rapidly, the two riders in front of me are literally walkin away from me so I get on her hard to catch up, I was right at about 90-100 when I notice some approaching slight rises in the road which on a previous ride I felt the front end ever so gently float smoothly over so I thought "hmmmmm let's see what happens" I down shifted and smacked the throttle hard and as I came over the first rise my mighty Busa stood up on me, I still have a great deal of respect for this machine's power and have definetly not unleashed her full power, I have yet to have the front end come up in first but when you feel the front end lift at speed there is just something special about that, giddy is the word that comes to mind.:cheerleader:

I would say to all most all of the above ... I lift the front everytime I leave the driveway :thumbsup:

But be careful ... Them wheelies can BITE BACK!
:fire:

Busa_up3.jpg

wreck_day_017.jpg

Ouch! That looks painful. is that fork oil or engine oil?

That was Sept 2004 and Old Red is No More ( RIP ) I was still in the saddle when I broke the tail light. The Bike slid a long way, broke the case, so that is Motor Oil which was brand new Synthetic $60 worth! I also was stupid by wrecking 200 miles from home. And at 44 years old at the time... you would think I woulda learned my lesson ... But 1 month later I was poppin them again :whistle:

So ... Now I am just older not wiser. :laugh:

I have seen so many thing that I don't care to do wheelies and I don't want to learn how to do it. plus if the get yoooooo cut here in florida doing one they cost to much to pop up one. I good w/ the two wheels on the groung.

Here's a first for me--->yesterday, my brother and I head out for a little jaunt around town. Turn the corner from my house and go for a 1st gear clutched wheelie. Front end comes up but the bike feels loose. Get to the stop sign and my brother asks" So how did that feel?" I tell him it was a little wierd. Turns out the fricken back tire was spinning and smoking as the front end was coming up.:bowdown: Pretty crazy. Thats with a Shinko 003 US on it.

Runnin' @ the strip I usually get 1st,2nd, & 3rd around 6-12 inches if its a good track. Had it hook weird on a Wed. nite test & tune @ around the 60ft mark- the guy in the lane next to me thought for sure I was goin' over (so did I) rolled off then pinned it again, front fender still knocked the bottom of the upper fairing out. He couldn't believe I got around him after all that by 0.009. That spooked me for the next several races back in '07

Back