Looking to start a business

What is a good name that would be catchy for attention but not pretentious?

• Mobile Cycle Mech (MCM - Get it?)

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Rotor Mech Cycle Services

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • One Guy with a Wrench

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Cycle Rx

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Moto Minute Clinic

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MC MUSTANG

Peace Keeper or Ban Hammer-it's up to you; IDMBT#9
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
Okay, oRg'sters -
I would like to ask for your input. I like working on bikes. Some would say that it is a poorly kept secret that I enjoy working on them more than actually riding... I am hoping that you might have some input for a name. I have a few choices, but am certainly open to suggestions.

I am looking to start as a small service provider (oil/filter changes, brake bleeding, fluid changes, etc.), just to give you an idea of what I am thinking.

Is there a list somewhere of already established bike shops anywhere so you can avoid taking someone else' name?

You could make it real simple by using your first name and adding 'Motorcycle Repair' after it.

If you had a favourite pet you could incorporate that, I have a friend who has a black lab and his business' name is Black Dog Welding for an example.

Is there a list somewhere of already established bike shops anywhere so you can avoid taking someone else' name?

You could make it real simple by using your first name and adding 'Motorcycle Repair' after it.

If you had a favourite pet you could incorporate that, I have a friend who has a black lab and his business' name is Black Dog Welding for an example.

I have checked each of the above choices on google and with the state; all are available. Any suggestions get checked there first. I hadn’t thought of the pet idea... I will give that some consideration. Thank you

I have checked each of the above choices on google and with the state; all are available. Any suggestions get checked there first. I hadn’t thought of the pet idea... I will give that some consideration. Thank you
That or a prominent feature on your property like a big rock or tree or something.....you want something simple yet catchy so it sticks in the mind.

Something like 'Big Rock Cycle" or "Big Pine Cycle" or "Fast Wrench Motorbike Fixer" or "One Guy and a Wrench"

The Paddock
The Paddock Crew
Bike Doctor
Bike RN
Fix That
Fix That Bike Repair
Fix This!
The Cycle Spa
Mo Motorcycles
MC Cycle Repair
Powerhouse Cycles (oops not that one!)
My Motorcycle Shop
Pampered Bikes
All Systems Go Motorcycle shop
Peace of Mind Motorcycle repair
How To Motorcycle Repair
Angels on your 6 Motorcycle Repair

It might be cool to offer a training option. Where you actually teach the person basic motorcycle maintenance tech. Sounds like you would be getting rid of customers but I'm betting it would get you a lot more customers that are risking riding poorly maintained bikes.

The Paddock
The Paddock Crew
Bike Doctor
Bike RN
Fix That
Fix That Bike Repair
Fix This!
The Cycle Spa
Mo Motorcycles
MC Cycle Repair
My Motorcycle Shop
Pampered Bikes
How To Motorcycle Repair

It might be cool to offer a training option. Where you actually teach the person basic motorcycle maintenance tech. Sounds like you would be getting rid of customers but I'm betting it would get you a lot more customers that are risking riding poorly maintained bikes.
Motorcycle Surgery
Two Wheel Mecca
Two Wheel "Fix"
Bike Ressurrection (lol)
Biker Pro's
Two Wheel Tune.
Wheels and Saddles.
The other names mentioned are cool too. Don't wanna confuse ya.

That or a prominent feature on your property like a big rock or tree or something.....you want something simple yet catchy so it sticks in the mind.

Something like 'Big Rock Cycle" or "Big Pine Cycle" or "Fast Wrench Motorbike Fixer" or "One Guy and a Wrench"

I like that one....

The Paddock
The Paddock Crew
Bike Doctor
Bike RN
Fix That
Fix That Bike Repair
Fix This!
The Cycle Spa
Mo Motorcycles
MC Cycle Repair
My Motorcycle Shop
Pampered Bikes
How To Motorcycle Repair

I like some of these names Willie is suggesting. I think they are more “catchy” than the ones you listed @MC MUSTANG. Or maybe come up with a name that includes “hayabusa” or “busa”. Everybody knows what it is/means and a lot of riders get excited when they see a busa or hear that you own one. Can you imagine how happy the guy with his ninja 250 would be, to have a busa owner/rider flush his brakes? I guess it would be like using busa fame to attract more business.

Just my little .02 cents.

I like some of these names Willie is suggesting. I think they are more “catchy” than the ones you listed @MC MUSTANG. Or maybe come up with a name that includes “hayabusa” or “busa”. Everybody knows what it is/means and a lot of riders get excited when they see a busa or hear that you own one. Can you imagine how happy the guy with his ninja 250 would be, to have a busa owner/rider flush his brakes? I guess it would be like using busa fame to attract more business.

Just my little .02 cents.
Your .02 Cents makes a lot of Sense bro. Every beginner rider bringing his bike over will be like' "A Busa mechanic worked my ride Yo, He knows what he's doing."

Willie,
That is actually along my idea - eventually incorporating a DIY area.

I changed some of the suggestions based off of the input here. Thank you!

Cycle in the name could also be confused with bicycle service, so using motorcycle may be better. That comes to mind because there’s a lot of competitive and club bicycling in my area. A couple of small, local metric shops in my area had a little fun with their names; Uneeda Motorcycle Shop and Some F’n Motorcycle Shop.

Last edited:
Cycle in the name could also be confused with bicycle service, so using motorcycle may be better. That comes to mind because there’s a lot of competitive and club bicycling in my area. A couple of small, local metric shops in my area had a little fun with their names; Uneeda Motorcycle Shop and Some F’n Motorcycle Shop.

RE: "Mobile Cycle Mech"

Depending on how one looks at this phrase it can unfortunately appear redundant, like you work on "mobile cycles". If you did go with this then in the trademark I would suggest using stylization to make it clear. Example:

MobileCycleMech.jpg

People above put a lot of pressure on you to generate a catchier name. I think that you need an ally to balance that out particularly if you already found something that makes you happy. The name does not matter at all. "McDonald's" is catchy because they did a great job and everyone went there. If the fries were hard and the pickles tasted like worms, no one would know their name today. A name does not make a company nor get it business. So understand that after considering all of the cool suggestions, you can in fact choose any name that you want. Everything that happens after the name is generated (spreading the name, garnering a reputation) is what matters.

From a guy who does not touch his vehicles, anything that you do to perpetuate motorcycle repairs and mentor owners is greatly appreciated in this climate where dealers are disastrous and finding a good independent tech can be extraordinarily difficult.

3M's Mobile Motorcycle Mechanic
2 Wheels Down Motorcycle Repair.
2 Wheels Rolling Motorcycle Repair.
MC's Motorcycle Repair.
MC's Mobile Motorcycle Technician.
Face in the wind Motorcycle Repair.

I like the sound of technician better than mechanic.

How about "Up on Stands" as a possibility? As in, Up on Stands Motorcycle Services

Cycle Rx !!!

Let's customer know you repair, not retailer.

It won't limit your customer base. From what I've been told, snowmobile and jet ski customers go to motorcycle shops for repairs. (engines similar to motorcycles)

Make sure you know Harleys, that will be most of your business. :D
Actually laughed out loud.

But those are not the guys that need a mobile shop. They know what they have and have a back up.

Also sounds like a great business plan. Most people don’t own a truck or trailer. Good luck with your journey.

Back