Are you for or opposed???

Are you for or opposed??? - Quadcycles, euroquadcycles being legal.

• Yes, I'm all for new Quadcycles on the roads.

Votes: 37 100.0%
  • No, I'm against them (Post Reasons).

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm all for it!...just don't put your foot down or you will run yourself over...don't ask me how I know. wow.gif

you are exactly right, people think you can just hop on one and ride it around, which is true at speeds below 30mph, after that they are harder to control than a bike and take more concentration. Thats why people are always getting hurt on them they try to drive it like a car instead of ride it.
I beg to differ. These street legal Quadcycles are not your ATV bikes your associating them with. These are designed to cruise at 120+mph and never twitch like an ATV at 30mph.
The wheel base is wider the bikes are +\- level with the A-arms\swing arms. This keeps them planted. One of the manufactuers stated in an email, These machines are designed to take R1's in the corners like slicing butter. The R1 will toast these in the straights but it's the conture of the roads that will allow this to out perform the R1.

I'm not trying to sell you on this, just FYI from the manufactuer.....

I didn't vote because I don't know enough about quads.

My only concern would be how well quads handle at freeway speeds.  Braking distance and cornering handling.

But as long as quads can perform as well as any other legal vehicle on the road, I'd have no problem with them being street legal.
Well, these quadcycles will take an R1 in the corner and get smoked in the straights. I'm speaking directly with these manufactuers. They are completely legal in Europe.
Take an R1 in a corner!!!! I wouldn't belive that, or better yet I would not put your money on it. They sit too high and dont weigh enough nor are they wide enough to really stick to the ground. Sounds like they are selling snake oil to you.
Actually some of these have the wheel base of a small car. Have you seen them? Be open minded, think from having no experinace in riding ATV's. The two posted are just the tip of the Iceberg, if you will. Here are a few others.
http://www.ams-shop.ch/quad/quad.htm

I have a 05 Busa & I think these will out handle my bike. Not the speed of course... ;)

Guys, you want to hear some silly imature Sh*t.

I'm a member of other forums, talking about this very topic. Just out looking for opinions on this, Right? Well, I get one guy who turns a thread into a war as if he is the cure of cancer and I'm against it...lol

He attacks me & my opinion, then rally's some of the fellow members against me. I'm a good guy and never make enemies, but this guy I'm going to stay far away from. I posted behind people to just give them a heads up, specially if they make a comment and you know by that comment they didn't read the whole thread and made that comment blinded... We all do it..lol I know I do sometimes. Well, not to get off the topic I wanted to share that with you.. I'm all for the people against it, that's cool but just keep in mind I and whoever is all for this that it's only because it's the wave of the future. These machines will eventually be here in the USA. Why not know when gas prices are making us all broke...lol If your curious about that thread and want to view it for sh*ts and giggles here it is. Just don't try to post, the Mod locked the thread because it was getting out of hand..
If anyone thinks I might have been totally wrong, I have copies of the PM's to show, I only meant well by informing the people that didn't read the whole thread...lol

I hate myself for falling in the trap of being the bad guy in this one...

http://www.kawieriders.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=5&t=22546

YOU ARE WRONG AND I AM RIGHT!!!!!

As long as we were talking about current ATV's as I know them, however that is not what you are talking about is it(duh) I looked at the links, and those are not ATV's per say. Those are just as you said "quadcycles" and would be completly different from the ATV's in the first 2 pictures, those two would be bad for the road but the other stuff built for the road are different.

The first two are just add on enduro style kits, and was what I thought you were refering to. MY bad.

SO in my revised expert opinion, ATV's are a hell no on the street, but quadcycles would be ok I guess.

YOU ARE WRONG AND I AM RIGHT!!!!!

As long as we were talking about current ATV's as I know them, however that is not what you are talking about is it(duh) I looked at the links, and those are not ATV's per say. Those are just as you said "quadcycles" and would be completly different from the ATV's in the first 2 pictures, those two would be bad for the road but the other stuff built for the road are different.

The first two are just add on enduro style kits, and was what I thought you were refering to. MY bad.

SO in my revised expert opinion, ATV's are a hell no on the street, but quadcycles would be ok I guess.
LOL, Thanks.

Yeah I agree on the Supermoto type, That's pushing the envelope to pass a law for these.

I agree with ya on the others. The independant suspension & cv joints are sweet rides.

I wonder how much they are.. I know SuperMoto are high up there....

After the info you provided, these;
xs12.Quad-Diener-09.jpg
I see no problem being street legal as they're made to run on pavement. But you would have to make them a separate distinction from ATVs in writing the legalize.

After the info you provided, these;
xs12.Quad-Diener-09.jpg
I see no problem being street legal as they're made to run on pavement.  But you would have to make them a separate distinction from ATVs in writing the legalize.
Yes, Thanks. That is what I'm trying to propose. But I'm getting beat up bad by a few guys that are worried about their riding ability on the streets in there state... Honestly, if it's classified as a Quadcycle\Motorcycle then I don't see why ATV riders are worried. Well, just the few that are. It'll end up happening to them anyway if the gov is all against ATV's on the road...

I'm sure their thoughts are reasonable but just out of this action completely. If it draws attention to them then those are the sacrifices in life. In with the new & out with the old.. I'm all for change, some people don't like change.. 21century they better get use to it...lol When gas hits $5.00 we'll see how fast we have different kind of transpertation.. Hybrids are a waste of money if you ask me.. You pay for the saving in gas in the car price.. It take you Double the amount of your loan term to break even on money... Kinda a waste unless your into the enviornment and not the money end of it...

Quads can be street legal here in Southdakota just because alotta them use them on the roads to run back and forth from pastures well us farmers do and some guys run them around town the sport models but i don't seen any sporting down the major highways. and the guys like that also for in the black hills it allows them the play in the hills and then drive down to the corner mart and get there gas and muchies

Quads can be street legal here in Southdakota just because alotta them use them on the roads to run back and forth from pastures well us farmers do and some guys run them around town the sport models but i don't seen any sporting down the major highways. and the guys like that also for in the black hills it allows them the play in the hills and then drive down to the corner mart and get there gas and muchies
I hear ya.. Just replying, You have a sweet looking Avatar

I'd love to have that orange and white one on there site that is cool as shid cool.gif
DUDE, I'll settele for any of them to own one... They are hot.. Kinda like a new Lamborghini when they come out.. Everyone wants one but Donald trump is the only could afford it...lol

LOL

I'm sure those are high priced.. Anyone see that 3 wheeled Trec Bike.. Phat looking. zx-10 motor or I think it was a zx12... One of those...lol Post a linky if you have their site..

I was thinking.. Oh no I'm scared, too... LOL

If the Federal Government changes the law & stated the ATV's have to be insured & reg'ed like a motorcycle and are not allowed on the streets, what would be so bad about that unless private property??

90% of the US doesn't allow atv's on the street... Can 10% make that much of s difference??

I voted yes but I think with most current cycles and older they should be restricted to 45 mph roads and lower due to the no leaning problem. Other than that if they were legal I would ride one to work and through my neighbors yard and over the medium and ................ Maybee I wouldn't buy one.

I voted yes but I think with most current cycles and older they should be restricted to 45 mph roads and lower due to the no leaning problem. Other than that if they were legal I would ride one to work and through my neighbors yard and over the medium and ................ Maybee I wouldn't buy one.
Yep, I agree. There are a few out there that would be pushing the envelope to be legal.. The supermoto bike 950cc is one I love but I think our government will never buy my proposal.. These are the ones I think would get legalized and then it might be that easy to get the quad looking ones legal.... Take a look.

http://www.ams-shop.ch/quad/quad.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back