Have you ever wheelied...?

Have you ever wheelied on your Hayabusa?

• Yes, power wheelie(s) by accident.

Votes: 196 30.2%
  • Yes, clutch wheelie(s) by accident.

Votes: 46 7.1%
  • Yes, power wheelies. (On purpose)

Votes: 302 46.5%
  • Yes, clutch wheelies. (On purpose)

Votes: 104 16.0%
  • No, never. (I don't care about that sort of thing.)

Votes: 52 8.0%
  • No, never. (But wouldn't mind eventually learning either technique.)

Votes: 66 10.2%
  • Only baby ones through excessive throttle.

Votes: 85 13.1%
  • I stunt on my Hayabusa. (I also have a toilet made of gold. I'm so rich.)

Votes: 7 1.1%
  • Yes, it/they didn't/don't end well. (Wrecked/Rashed)

Votes: 7 1.1%
  • No. My bike doesn't respond well to 'YUT UNNNGGGH!'

Votes: 15 2.3%

• Total voters
YEP.... try one every time i ride it...61 years old soon....did some today on my KTM300.....Kento's was UGLY....caught him off guard.....If you can find the thread it landed on the kickstand....not very funny really....at least he did not get hurt too bad.

I did.two wheelies by accident One ride. And one intentional wheelie. I rolledbthe throttlebin the third and she almost bit me. Gotta love a turbo. Now I no wheelie. Lol

any tips on clutch ups

Yeah, seated wheelies are easier to loop than standups, especially for someone that's learning.
Standups can get more of your weight forward and down in a hurry.
But that's just my 2 cents , as sh*t can happen to anyone at anytime.

Medium fast.

I've been told that if you open the throttle all the way when the bike gets to it's power band the wheel would lift.

At 10,500 (first gear) I figured I was passed the power band and the wheel didn't lift.

Medium fast.

I've been told that if you open the throttle all the way when the bike gets to it's power band the wheel would lift.

At 10,500 (first gear) I figured I was passed the power band and the wheel didn't lift.

Ease on the throttle to around 6k in 1st or 2nd, then nail it, wide open throttle as fast as you can...it'll come up.

That's a cool view. I bet your neighbors love you too, don't they:laugh:
Most do, a few don't. We were roofing a house down the street last year, at the same time the city was repaving, installing a round about and speed bumps. I was talking to the home owner/ neighbor of 8 houses down, we started talking about the road work. I made the comment that it should cut down on the cut through traffic.... He said "that don't bother me, it's the GODDAMN motorcycles flying up and down the street that pisses me off" "goddamn son of a *****es" I just said Yeah. 20mins later the street crew hit a gas line and the made that half of the street evacuate. So everyone comes and stands in my yard, not sure if he noticed the bikes or not. Lol

I used to wheelie every time I would get out of the garage. There was usually a light, followed by an empty wide street. I wasn't very proficient - I would get her up in first, about 1-2 ft up for a moment or two, and then settle her down nicely. Never to the balance point. I was actually used to do the same with my Katana 600, too. It always put a smile on my face, especially if the lift off and landing were done smoothly. Lately, I don't do it though. Not as much need and/or confidence. But I know when the time is right I will be doing it again. There is just something about it.

I used to wheelie every time I would get out of the garage. There was usually a light, followed by an empty wide street. I wasn't very proficient - I would get her up in first, about 1-2 ft up for a moment or two, and then settle her down nicely. Never to the balance point. I was actually used to do the same with my Katana 600, too. It always put a smile on my face, especially if the lift off and landing were done smoothly. Lately, I don't do it though. Not as much need and/or confidence. But I know when the time is right I will be doing it again. There is just something about it.

Whenever the next time hits, stay hard on the throttle, and then slowly ease off as you and the bike stand up.
Stay on the gas, and just keep going, you already know how to set it down easy.
It's all in your head. You just haft to overcome the fear, which there is not always need for.
Your track days should have tought you good throttle control and body movement on the bike.
You either must simply be incapable(which is fine), or a tard.
I think you are neither.
Incapable simply can't, and tards are simply unskilled or trying to operate way above their skill level.
Anyone can crash at any time, myself included.
Go for it, it'll take your riding to the next level, as you'll learn that much more control.
More importantly, it's a lot of fun and chics dig it.:laugh:

Back