Would you be a member if H.org had a fee?

Would you be a member if H.org had a fee? - No slandering please ...

• Yes for $5 per month.

Votes: 102 99.0%
  • Yes for $50 per year (discount from previous option).

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'd pay but $5 per month is too much. (Please specify $)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No ... I'd rather leave than pay.

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty soon it'll only be one gallon. But I digress.

I think that it's not a matter of making it a pay site but enabling a function where people who want to support the site are able to set it up automatically on a monthly basis. If you want to set it up, fine. If not, that's fine too. But it keeps people from forgetting to send money.

--Wag--

(mzrsq @ Dec. 05 2006,09:14) I'd pay whatever was necessary to keep this place as my internet home.
I don't think I'd go that far. I've been a member for about a year and a half and have donated twice. Definately a bargan.

I don't know if the knowledge i gained here has saved me any money. I wouldn't know about most of the mods I did on the bike if I weren't hangng around here biggrin.gif

(heavybusa @ Dec. 05 2006,11:08) Dayum right, I'd be willing to pay to keep the lights on.

This place is worth a measly 5 dollars a month. That equates to me packing my lunch 12 days a year.   super.gif
I don't know where you are eating, and probably don't want to. I would only have to pack a lunch 6 days a year.

Captian won't do it so if you want to pay, super.gif just donate . I do .

I said it before.... an area for members only would help. The site is open to all, but you can' get in to some areas restricted to members. NO ONE WANT'S TO BE LEFT OUT. So people will donate. Just look at how gixxer.com did it. I have not been there in a while, but donating members go a red"R" next to there name and were allowed into non public sections. Classifieds always bring people to the site and should be open to everyone. This helps everyone. I know once the auction site started I did not come here as much, just because it was one of the first things I did.. I do think if you sell a itemhere, you should make some type of donation. I know I will do this. Or if you get a good deal on the board, It don't hurt to to send a few bucks Captain's way... you would of never bought or sold your item if this board was not here.

Love the site, I don't want to see it go away..

Free or paying I would stay a member, but like said before it would change things for sure.

Donations is the way to go, speaking of that I must donate again, its time too!

Doug, I know that you are against having a pay site, but you need to consider it. I cannot guess how much $$ has been saved over the the 2 1/2 years that I have been a member by everyone from the FREE information that is provided here. There are enough "active daily" members that would have no problems kicking in $$ to keep this place going.

JMHO

Don

(USN05LE @ Dec. 06 2006,14:37) Doug, I know that you are against having a pay site, but you need to consider it.  I cannot guess how much $$ has been saved over the the 2 1/2 years that I have been a member by everyone from the FREE information that is provided here.  There are enough "active daily" members that would have no problems kicking in $$ to keep this place going.

JMHO

Don
+1 and then some.

--Wag--

OK, here's an idea:

If Cap doesn't want to make it a pay site, then what if he writes a locked post in a new "Website Status Forum" (which is at the top of the list) every month when he loses money, with the amount that he's behind, then the members who want to pitch in can make up the difference?

Cap?

i decided a while back to donate $40.00 a year. i thik the little meter that shows how much we are in the red is probably a bad idea. it would most likely have just a few members donating to try and keep us in the black and eventually it would be ignored. i think that if a fee is going to be required it should be for unlimited access or something along those lines

Should have included an option for whatever amount is necessary. I am down for whatever.

It has not been mentioned much but think of the monies saved in parts here. Much cheaper, fast ship.

The knowledge leaned here is..well.."priceless".

I'm with Paul on this one.

Would it be a bad idea for cap to post shortfall at the end of every month? Just a thought.

runeight...

(runeight @ Dec. 07 2006,16:08) Would it be a bad idea for cap to post shortfall at the end of every month? Just a thought.
Yes, because idiots will think he's making up some numbers to get some extra funds and pocket it.

We should just donate what we can and when we can ... ESPECIALLY if we sell something here. I'm sure he'd appreciate that.

It's a great place, unfortunately I can't state that I would pay whatever to keep it going.

This site has saved me quite a lot of money since I've owned my bike.

I'm happy to contribute.

--Wag--

Hmm tought Question.... I don't mind donating from time to time, but if i had to pay initally, i don't tihnk i'd have ever bothered, not that the sight has not been great, and if it was changed to pay sight after being here a while i'd pay, but not to start out. way tooo much free info on-line if you know where to look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back