if you could, would you erase some memories?

If you could, would you erase some memories?

• No

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 71 63.4%

• Total voters

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
If it were possible to pick and choose, would you erase some of your memories?

Watched a certain movie recently that prompted this question. And, no, it's not the one you are thinking of. :) I'm Curious what people would do if given this opportunity.

Here's a couple pros and cons to stir your mental pot:

Yes - life happens, we make painful memories sometimes and it would be good to eliminate or block certain things in life we went through

No - there were choices made, but they made me stronger and I grew from them. I need them there to help me avoid future problems

I say no. We are who we are in part because of the memories we have, good or bad. To eliminate the bad ones would fundamentally change the makeup of one's charachter...

Only the memory of clicking on this thread...:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Just kidding, I'll keep all my memories thanks! Good question though.

cheers
ken

Nahhhhhh you learn from your mistakes, God knows I dont need to redue some of mine.

Now there are memories I would love to relive over and over and over.

#1 Dad threw a party, Me (17) Hooked up with a 32 yr old. Ohhhhhhh memories.

However next time I could do without her Husband walking in, I didnt know she was married I swear it.

I have some I'd rather not remember.....but my answer would still have to be no.

more yes than no, but few replies from the yes people? I suppose that is an awkward place to be: Yes, because of [insert deeply personal situation here], no reason to bring it up publically here.

I don't feel it is a good idea myself - we are already so "Generic"ized, flat-plaining our memories would make us all that much duller. But sounds like if the option were available, people might be lining up.

Lots of events I wouldn't want to go through again, but nothing I don't want to remember. The knowledge of those things are what make you, directs your beliefs and values. So, NO, I want to remember everything :thumbsup:

Yes! Erase 2008 please!

Actually, I would like to say no regrets but unfortunately in life there are some. Hopefully I keep those to a min and reflect with smile, then look forward to even more good times. :)

Yes, because of [insert deeply personal situation here], no reason to bring it up publically here.

The knowledge of those things are what make you, directs your beliefs and values.

That is kinda where I stand WWJD...

I believe your experiences do make you who you are. And without certain experiences in my life I may have a little self confidence and less self doubt/ self criticism.

no way. I have a hard enough time keeping them now.Now where did I put that dang snow shovel.

No, I would rather keep mine the good and the bad you learn alot from them.

Last edited:
Yes it all depend's what it is.If it is something I have done and wish I can take it back,to look at how it has changed how my life is today may be a lesson for tommorrow.

I don't think you would be human if you did not have some kind memory in your life to erase, either that, your lieing or your not human..:poke:

Back