What would you do if someone ran over

What would you do if someone ran over - your riding buddy and fled the scene?

• Stay with buddy until ambulence takes him to the hospital

Votes: 143 100.0%
  • Ensure help for buddy, then chase & get description/plate #

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ensure help for buddy, then chase/follow until cops arrest perp

• Ensure help for buddy, then chase/citizen arrest perp yourself

• Ensure help for buddy, then chase and beat/assault perp

• Chase perp & get description info & plate #

• Chase perp & follow perp until cops arrest perp

• Chase perp & citizen arrest/detain perp yourself

• Chase perp & beat the f#@king s@#t out of him

• Other, explain...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
if my boys ever got run over, and the vehicle didnt slow down-Id be all over them. If the area were remote/low traffic and no one else would be around to help my hombre, tho-I would off the bike n helpin him, f**k the car. As long as I knew my bro was gettin help from someone else, id be going after the driver to beat them silly....and I wouldnt care if it was a 70-year old Nun who works with autistic children....whoever pulls a hit-n-run needs to be run over themselves....given the oppourtunity I would do just that, but if I caught the perp in front of witnesses, Id just beat'em till a group of people pulled me off-because thats what it would take. guns.gif

(BigBSBusa @ Dec. 29 2004,01:09) Obviously, help for my buddy would be the first and primary concern. After that was assured, I would go huntin' the mofo down that did it. At least lookin' for a license plate to give to cops for their report and follow-up. However, I would not leave my buddy until I was sure they were well taken care of.
+1

(jay21112 @ Dec. 29 2004,18:00) Oh boy!

If that every happened...I would make sure my buddy was taken care of, someone on the scene or something to take care of him. If it is a choice between helping my friend live and punishing the badguys, I'll help my friend to live.

But... if I see he's alright, or there is someone else on the scene (another riding buddy).. oh god is it on! I would follow them and if I ever caught up to them I would beat them within an inch of their life. Then I would do something memorable...Maybe cut off a couple of fingers so every day for the rest of their life they will remember what they did. Then I would call the cops, give them their plate number and take off. Then, whether or not they get convicted, both me and my buddy will know justice was served when we see that guy with only 2 fingers his hand.........and ya know what, I got a couple of buddies who would do the exact same thing as me. I know it for a fact.

Ok, back to happy thoughts.
u scaring me sad.gif

the plate is important, vehicle description, and driver description. vehicle could be wearing old expired tag out of moms yard or stolen tag. Before your buddy got to the ER the vehicle would be reported stolen. Tell me I'm wrong. Goes down that way every day. SHOCKED.gif

Call 911 immediately, first aid trained or not, you might save your buddies life. If he's spurting blood anyone would probably take something if not their hand and apply pressure. They'll probably only live minutes if left to spurt. Anyway you get my point. I would also suggest getting CPR and at least first aid training. race.gif crazy.gif poke.gif

I'd stop to help my friend as I am an EMT, however I'd also be in the middle of empting my 40S&W in to the rear of the fleeing vehicle! guns.gif

(05BusaLe @ Jan. 31 2007,17:23)
(motogp08 @ Jan. 31 2007,20:11) An emt that carries a pistol.

AAAWWWWWWSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEE!!!!! super.gif
Hey it is NY,
jump9.gif
No no no! It's okay really. Look on the bright side, you have health care and justice all in one package! beerchug.gif

(motogp08 @ Jan. 31 2007,20:36) BTW, what model 40 is it?
S&W 4006 the original all stainless just like my PPK! Too bad no one makes an all carbon gun I'd have it!

(Ride_or_Fish @ Dec. 29 2004,05:15)
(BigBSBusa @ Dec. 29 2004,04:09) Obviously, help for my buddy would be the first and primary concern.  After that was assured, I would go huntin' the mofo down that did it.  At least lookin' for a license plate to give to cops for their report and follow-up.  However, I would not leave my buddy until I was sure they were well taken care of.
Absolutely, after checking on my buddy and depending on his condition - I'd be smokin the rear in a heated manhunt.
Definetly have to make sure that your partner was taken care of. If you go down in traffic you would be lucky to only get run over once. Stopping traffic and protecting your fallen comrade would be paramount while yelling at someone to chase the MF.

Only two options here...depending on number of riders.

If just two riders then secure medical attention/response first then get the fugger that hit them if time dictates...unless you note that someone else who witnessed the accident (cage driver) volunteers to go after them in which case you stay w/ your fellow rider.

If more than two riders, one stays with while the others go after him.

It's that simple.

Stop and care for fallen rider until help arrives, check on hospital destination then if possible get offender. bluegrab.gif

I chose other. This is what I would try and do if I saw my buddy get run over I would try and get the Lic. Plate and color make and model of the car as I am stopping to render assistance to my buddy until the Peramedics and police show up also I would be looking for witness as well to see if they got the Lic. plate color make and model. That is the only way to do this because if you chase the car down you might get hurt or killed not to mention if the suspect flees at high speeds and you chase him or her you could also be charged with infractions as well by the police.

This Happened 3 summers ago in Augusta, Maine. After the Toy-Run a fairly lg. group were headed home. Mostly Harleys and some sportbikes. I knew some of them. They were in a double line and it was really busy. They were going slow and were going to take a side road ahead, a left turn. The lead rider was on a 2week old custum chopper. Behind them was a guy in a pick-up. He decides to pass them all on the left on a 4 line street in town across a double yellow line. As the 1st rider, the guy on the chopper, makes his turn he didn't check his left mirror. I guess thinking it was a no pass spot he forgot to, opps. The guy nails him and keeps going. Most stop but others chase down the jeck. After a lengthy chase they get in cornered and he stops. He said he felt something but didn't know he hit anybody. Front of his truck is all stove-up. They say they are all witnesses and he is toast. He then, bad move, tries to flee. They drag him from the truck and beat the crap out of him, so he won't try to escape again til the PD arrive. LEO arrives they tell the story including the escape attemp, how he tried to run them over and how they had to PROTECT themselves. LEO cuffs the guy, calls for an AMB for the jerk and tells the guys that chased him down to "Have a nice day" and "Go see their friend because the AMB is already there and may leave shortly." Guy on the chopper had a broken arm and leg. Guy in the pick-up OUI and several other charges plus broken arm, several ribs, and a facial fracture.

Me, I would hope I have the control to get a good description and maybe the plate # or a partial at least. I would stay. I know things can change. If in a large group I would let others chase him down. As much as I might want to go I may have the most training. I would have a moral duty to stay I beleive. I would feel horrible if I thought I could have made a difference and I left.

Even with little or no training you can make a difference. Just being there talking to them can keep them more alert. You will be able to relay changes you have noticed, ei. slurring words before he passed-out, doesn't reconize me. Or other helpful info, ei. His hands always shake like that. He has a heart cond., I think he has one of those Alert Tag necklace things. Keeping his/or her mouth clear if they should start to vomit can make the difference.

A basic CPR class(includes airway, choking) can be very useful. Maybe for the life of a family member.

Just a thought, Sorry for the length. Hope it helps. Doug

Of course pending my buddies response after the accident. I'd feel pretty stupid to go chasen and return to find my buddy has passed. I agree with Kevin that Our lives have devine occurrances everyday. There are no coincedences or accidents.<br><br>However, if there are several of us and one can break from the pack to retrieve a plate # I'm all for it, but only if it's 2 of them. Some cagers are high on something or just mean as sin so they'd have no prob slamming on their brakes as you crash into their bumper and fleeing the scene. Makes you really think though.
afraid I would be centered on a license plate number first...(been there done that)

It sound kind of cold but it only takes a moment to go after a 4 wheeler and get the tag (been there done that)

There is only very little you can do for your buddy at that time without training and supplies. If he passes in the 3 minutes it takes to get this important information to catch that POS that did it, he would likely not be too aware of your being there and you will not spend the rest of your life wishing that they had caught the guy....

(Country club bridge in Mesa AZ on my birthday about 1985 or so) my friend lived and they got the guy with the plate info.... It was a reaction, not a thought out process sorry to say... I just did what I did

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back