What would you do?

John 16:10

Donating Member
Registered
Greetings org. family, I have a serious question I would like your input on. What would you do if came to your attention that you have the same bike as one the local well known thugs. Now consider you live in a city that is no stranger to drug/gang activity. You have been having many odd people waving, smiling and trying to get your attention. You have even had people waiting for you by your bike saying they thought you were someone else. People have even asked on more than one occasion if that is the same bike this person rides. Your main thought is that you don’t want to be the victim of a violent crime because of a mistaken identity (which happens all to often around here). What would you do?

Wassup John, I've had a similar situation in my neck of the woods. Guy is a drug dealer same race and a little smaller than I. I'd get people waiving and flagging me down thinking I was him. I just continued to pray when I left and after a while people stopped mistaking my for him. If it's very serious, do a mod to your bike that is custom to you. First of all from your name I'd assume you're a man of God. Put a decal of the cross on your windscreen and tail section to start. After that, I'd look at some custom decals or a custom paint job. Just my .02.

God bless,
Angelo

I would get a custom paint job, and do mods to it to make it look differant (custom undertail, Kanji turn signals, custom color)

I perceive you are in a bad situation and I could see a case of mistaken idenity costing you your life.

Just my .02

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149999618 -->

Dang Angelo.. look at the date and time stamp of our posts. exact lol

Yeah.. what Angelo said. Cross on windscreen, lots of prayers and mods

+1 to each of the above. Simple answer is to make your bike different from the other - as you mentioned, you don't want to suffer due to mistaken identities...

Thank you for your replies, I was trying to decide if this is something that should be taken seriously or if it was paranoia.

My friend has not ridden his bike in about two weeks because of this situation. I told him to take off his farings and ride naked for a while. I was just thinking you guys may have some additional suggestions.

Yeah...This is a tuff one...Sutle changes aren't that expensive but custom paint can be...Most important is that you have reconized this as being a potential problem...

Start by putting a unusual decal on the windscreen. A fairly large one that can be seen for a ways off. Then consider putting a couple of decals on your helmet to make it also stand out uniquely. The more you can separate the looks of you and the "other rider" you chances of mistaken identity go down. I should cost much to do that. Just start simple and obvious.

All the above are great possible solutions, or you could find him and tell him to change his bikes appearance or you are gonna pop a cap.....
laugh.gif
just kidding, be careful out there...

I dont think sutle changes are going to get it...Yeah a sticker/decal here and there would help if you were sitting still....but when you are moving they wont be as easy to pick out. And if someone comes gunning for him and one day someone will...they wont be looking to see if there is a decal on his wind screen. They are going to look think it is him and shoot. Plainly put invest in paint..Maybe try and trade plastics from someone on here? Platics off of ebay? But I would do something....Good luck with this

He dicided to take my advice and go naked (Street Fighter). We took the farings off his bike @ about 2:30 this morning. I think his R1 looks meaner without the skins.

Side note: My stands from the group buy makes working on bikes so much easier. I love this board.

Definitely have her painted. Maybe someone on the board could give you a decent price. I don't even know what a "standard" (one color) paint job would cost.

Simple stickers should do the trick.

In the meantime, though...be saving up for a different paint job.

hey the first thing i did was get some decals made cost about $30 bucks.

This worked for me i stop and invited some guys to church then people started knowing me from other guys.

Most of all keep trusting God and praying for his protection

Change the bike, not the rider. If someone were to see the bike and a different looking rider, they could easily think their buddie's bike were stolen and just start swingin' or shootin' before checking more closely.

--Wag--

I would leave it just the way it is.....Probablt won't get stolen if everyone is afraid of the guy. Besides everyone will figure it out soon enough. If this guy is into illegal stuff then it is only a matter of time before he chromes his rims and changes this and that or wrecks the thing. Don't worry about just be aware of your surrondings for the time being.

Back