Would you use email from your domain?

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
How many of you if had the opportunity for a small fee would pay for a service that used a domain name that you purchased? Are you ok with having a gmail or yahoo email if you could have your own domain for a small fee?

What would it be worth to you?

If you owned a business would you be interested in having an email with yourbusiness.com?

What if you had to do very very little to set it up?

We cover a large demographic area so I am interested in your thoughts...

cap

I've thought about it but in my business (commercial painting) I'm not sure if it would be of any benefit. I may do a little research and polling (so to speak) of current clients to see if they think it would be something they would visit or utilize in anyway.

I own my own domain for that very reason for my personal email. Hated changing emails every time the ISP changed something or I moved ISPs. I’ve owned it for about 8 years now. I think businesses are missing out when I see ImperialHeatandAir@hotmail.com etc.

Highly recommend it…. It is not that expensive and looks much more professional to see service@ImperialHeatnAir.com as a mail address.

I'm thinking of hosting a few domains for a no hassle solution for folks that are not very tech saavy. The mail server is unlimited users and unlimited domains. I can set up an admin account for each domain and let the user add or delete emails as he or she needs them.

Its a thought

I would be interested maybe........would it be a recurring fee or a one time? I'm guessing recurring.

Doug, if you need some other space, I can provide space for this as well with full control panels and I will give a bit of space they can put up an Index page even.. Just let me know and I will send you some info you need to set them up... I already host about a dozen sites for members here at no charge and they have been model clients... no abuse or hassles at all..

a great strategy is to let them use the domain and then forward the mail to a gmail account for storage (3G's of storage with those accts) but they get full benefit of a domain name.. I have been doing this with my own domains... keeps the domain account from turning into a junk drawer of gigs of email..

Last edited:
I own my own domain for that very reason for my personal email. Hated changing emails every time the ISP changed something or I moved ISPs. I’ve owned it for about 8 years now. I think businesses are missing out when I see ImperialHeatandAir@hotmail.com etc.

Highly recommend it…. It is not that expensive and looks much more professional to see service@ImperialHeatnAir.com as a mail address.

Yep - host my own domains for the same reason... And I agree, for a small business owner, having your own domain name is much more professional.

I'm thinking of hosting a few domains for a no hassle solution for folks that are not very tech saavy. The mail server is unlimited users and unlimited domains. I can set up an admin account for each domain and let the user add or delete emails as he or she needs them.

Its a thought

Sounds like a good idea, Doug. Lots of small-business owners don't know where to turn for this stuff.

I would want to know a bit more of the details and pricing structure.
I used to have mine through Verizon business but it didn't provide much service and lost all of my email more than once so I just went back to using yahoo again. Lost emails and files are my biggest scare.

How much storage would you provide?
Virus/spam protection included?
How long would you be saving my deleted mail?
How large can an attached file be when sending/receiving email?
Who owns the domain name?
What happens if your house blows up? What's your DRP?

I think if you could provide some details it might help to make a more informed decision. It's a thought though. :thumbsup:

A resounding +1, Rick. Nicely stated.

Back