What would you do?

sessions

Registered
Ok so you know I was hit on the bike a couple weeks ago, to make a long story short State Farm offered me 11,800 for my bike and assesories, they said i can buy the bike back and they would give me 7,500. my bike is definitaly fixable it has 18k miles. i could spend about 2grand get the plastics and get it painted. but if i take the 11,800 i could buy a newer one w/o any thing done to it for lets say 7 or 8k that would leave me with 3-4 k left over. I would like to come out ahead in the long run, if i take the 11800 and get a new bike i wont have all the goodies to go with it. What would you do?

MY only problem would be is that the your old bike will be branded with a salvage/reconstructed title. That will hurt the resale value if you decide to sell later on.
I would by new and start over......just my 2cts

My question is; how much damage is plastic. If you broke something like the handle bar stop what else might be wrong with it. Careful accidents can do funny things to metal, I don't want to read about you in the crash forum.

Just because you asked i would buy a Gen II and start modding from there. Also the full amount from the insurance company is how much i paid for mine with 140 miles.

Brandon , That's a tuff call ! You & Dave both have put alot into it & made it 1 of a kind . Bro , I would take the money & buy a New Busa ! :thumbsup:

You could buy a new one and spend a bunch more to make it the way you want, or take the one you already made your own and freshen it up. Personally, I like starting over and seeing what else I could do.

Thanks for the input guys im brewing something up right now, i dont want to say anything right now but i will keep you updated, i will say it involves a moded up gen 2!!!!!:thumbsup::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

Back