What would you do?

Brandon, i would go the new route also. Keep us posted.

Will do , if this goes the way im hoping i will come out WAY on top with this new bike... like i said im not going to say much now cause i dont want to get my hopes up just yet.

MY only problem would be is that the your old bike will be branded with a salvage/reconstructed title. That will hurt the resale value if you decide to sell later on.
I would by new and start over......just my 2cts
+1. Go new or get one already modded, theres plenty out there for sale. But please don't get the orange/black theres enough of those slow ones on the road already.:laugh:

Hey Brandon:beerchug: I'd say your in a pretty good spot. Knowing how much your old bike means to you,sad to part ways, but it might be best. With cash in hand, take your time and do some hunting,right now I'd bet more than a few dealers have some leftover '08's that you could pick up really cheap or find one that has low miles and a desprate seller. Take the money you have left and put it into a safe 6 month investment (CD or simular),then come Feb. start hunting for mods on Ebay and the classifieds on here and on psycobike.com,etc.- everybody is either broke or really slow after Christmas and you can get some amazing deals (got my $1300 Muzzy titanium exhaust for $600 new in the box-shipped!!) You can really trick a new one out for alot less than you think if you buy at the right time. Like other members have said, you'll alway be behind if they label your title salvage or reconstructed from an investment stand point. As for safety, if your bike did recieve anything more than a light impact regarding the frame,again better off passing it on

Back