Night Riding

Do you ride after dark?

• Total voters
do you have them wired with your turn signals or are they just a constant on? I'm thinking they would be great to wire in with turn signals.

I wired a "separate" system for all aux electrical. Separate (additional)leads and fuse from the battery.

I have a switch that turns on a relay, the relay(coil) must have 12volts from the headlight to stay energized. So no possibility of leaving anything on when leaving the bike. I used "jones" plugs as my connectors.

Yep, you sure could, wire into the turn signals etc. I think the sliders are great, but mostly just for stop sign drops, most likely not too good for any drop at speed.

Ill see if I can post some pics of my electrical mod in the 08 section, later today.

Last edited:
got the site saved, I've got a few other mods lined up in front of this one but I'm thinking I may add a set and wire them to my turn signals

I ride all the time at night, in the LA/Orange County traffic no less. I have burnt in to my mind that they just do not see me. I expect every car to make a lane change in front of me, so I try to ride keeping this in mind.
O BTW I have those frame sliders also. Mine are wired to turn on with the rest of my LED accent lights. Looks sweet! and yes the turn signals are wired in too.

Last edited:
I ride at night with out too much worries! It the daytime here that is worse due to traffic!

I am an old Night Rider fan.:rofl:

I really love riding at night but I hate the bugs in the warmer months. They almost cover your faceshield here in hot a$$ Georgia.:whistle:

I feel safer at night, at least they can see the lights, and there are less cars out!

Who? Deer? Fox?

I saw both on my way home last night. Deer was freshly killed from a strike and the fox was scavenging the carcass and ran across my path (I was in a car) when it saw the lights.

Not safer to ride at night here.

here is a little night time driving stat.

Increased accident risk at night

Customary dipped head lights only create a visibility of 40 meters. Often, obstacles and dangers are only seen when it is already too late, especially if they are poorly lit or completely dark.

Head beams illuminate a larger area, but also dazzle oncoming traffic. So they can only be used on about 15% of all roads.

The risk of accidents is significantly higher at night than during the day: Almost 50% of all serious accidents happen at night or during the twilight hours, although only about a fifth of all journeys are driven at night.

I ride after dark often. I dont let darkness or rain prevent me from riding (unless its some kind of thunderstorm)

Love riding at night since its way much cooler here in my country.Less traffic too.ALways travel in the night to my neighbouring countries and most of the time they do not have street lamps.Thats where my HID comes in:thumbsup:

i just put my 6k hid in and i can't wait to test ride. i am one of those who is not to keen to ride at night because of the stock lamps.:whistle:

Day or night, makes no difference to me. Just gotta adjust for night time riding. It's winter right now, so I arrive at work in the dark, and go home in the dark. No matter, just a difference in temperature. Obviously you have to assume the cage drivers will do an even worse job of spotting you, so be prepared for their idiosy.............

Back