Do you use protection?

Do you use protection? - Lets see how practices safely...

• I never wear gear...its over rated.

Votes: 191 98.5%
  • I rarely wear gear, only during occasions like track days.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear gear, but only when I set out to ride hard.

• I wear gear, unless it is really hot.

• If I am on my bike, I am in my gear...PERIOD!

Votes: 3 1.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I always wear my gear...helmet, jacket, gloves, boots, and Draggin' Jeans. I'm upgrading the Draggin' Jeans to Icon TiMax mesh pants and for particularly 'spirited' rides, leathers with pucks. I'm also buying a spine protector to upgrade my current level of protection. After a couple of potentially bad 'get offs' this year, I'll only ride if I'm wearing protection.

For me it doesn't matter if I'm going 1 mile or 50, all gear on before I swing a leg over: lid, jacket, gloves, footwear. I'm saving to upgrade jacket, pants, boots  to armor protection, just working on the duckets...

<!--EDIT|leaderc
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117159758 -->

For those of you who wear jeans, talk to PacificBusa! Have him send you a photo of his ass after he crashed at 70 mph wearing jeans! It's an ugly site of raw flesh!

I crashed a busa two years ago at 70 mph. Hauled the busa home in pieces but I was unscathed, thanks to full gear. I was beat up and bruised but no serious damage. You'll never catch me in jeans nor a T-shirt on any kind of scooter!

One other thing, boots are extremely important! Ones that buckle up tight above the ankle so you don't loose them during a crash. If you watch the stunter kids crash wearing tennis shoes, they always loose their shoes as soon as they hit the ground leaving their bare feet out there to take a beating and grind the ankle bone down a few cenimeters!

I normally wear a jacket, always a helment and jeans. After being behind my friend last night while he lost it and watching him skid down the road, i will ALWAYS wear a jacket and now probably the pants and boots. He walked away from it with 2 very small scratches on his arm and he went down while goin probably 40 or 50.

Dunno if you see this as I see it... But I see alot of guys wearing no geart, helmet, shirt, yup their with no helmet and no shirt on, on r6's r1's 1k's even a few seen on busa's and other type of real power house sport bikes. I think it is playing with fire? or am I prejudging them? I mean these guys really get on theses bikes and are flying down the road too...

I have to admit I do not wear gear other than a helmet and jeans and sneakers when I am riding my friends bikes, They usually do not have time to ride and do not like the bikes sitting around, as well as they love them but affraid of them yet they got these all powerful bikes that do not get a ridding like they should, I know I should gear up as if I was going out to a race track(guilty of not gearing up here).. My qustions is what is good Warm Weather gear for florida weather/humidity) that is not hot or turn into an oven baking me in it? Price is an object BUT, I would get it if it was worth it in the aspect of protection and all as well as comfort. I am a strong believer in you get what you pay for and I am type who will not skimp on things.

I wear full Bohn armor (armored shirt and pants that fit under whatever you're wearing) all the time with helmet, gloves and a good pair of bike boots. That way I can choose to wear leather unless it's really hot (80+) then I can switch to a fabric jacket and pants/jeans that's light and well-ventilated, and still have full protection for a crash .

I've seen what happens to people who fall off bikes wearing no helmet, T-shirt, shorts and sneakers and it isn't pretty. It results in an unnecessary trip to the casualty ward at best, the morgue at worst.

It particularly irks me when I see "the girlfriend" on the back in a skirt, tank top and heels. There's no way I'd allow anyone on the back of my bike without the right gear on.

Why is it that people will happily spend hundreds/thousands on making their bike look cool or go faster, but skimp on the protective gear?

You should have made the poll for full gear, partial gear, and just helmet.  I'm sure there are those out there that think helmet only is geared up. Lots of people wear jacket/gloves/helmet only. No boots/pants.

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117168296 -->

I always wear gear no matter what the temp is. This year I'm on the look out for a good mesh jacket.
Does anyone have any suggestions? My leather jacket is killer in the summer.

Usually just hemet gloves and boots. I have leather and a phoenix jacket but it just gets toooo dayum hot here in Houston. Maybe the extra coating of sweat will help prevent road rash !!

Just joking I already know better, if I had of been wearing one of my jackets when I got hit on the ZX9, my forearm would not look like some one hit me with a cheese-grater wow.gif

In TX as many of you already know, if you are over 21 and have the motorcycle safety course you don't have to wear a helmet by law. Being prior service Army i got used to wearing long sleeves, pants, boots, gloves, helmet and safety vest. All this gear is good and has been proven to save lives / lessen injury in the case of an accident but it gets too hot to wear all this in the summer and ride to and from the office for work. You would need a shower after 5 minutes in full leathers on a 100 plus degree day. What i don't agree with are these kids i see doing 2 mile stand up wheelies in shorts and flip flops, no helmet only a $150 pair of sunglasses to look cool in.

Helmet is a must in any condition. Going for a long evening ride when the sun is going down i'll wear a leather jacket, gloves and boots with a pair of jeans or other semi-sturdy pants (no shorts). Just my .02

For those of you who wear jeans, talk to PacificBusa! Have him send you a photo of his ass after he crashed at 70 mph wearing jeans! It's an ugly site of raw flesh!

I crashed a busa two years ago at 70 mph. Hauled the busa home in pieces but I was unscathed, thanks to full gear. I was beat up and bruised but no serious damage. You'll never catch me in jeans nor a T-shirt on any kind of scooter!  

One other thing, boots are extremely important! Ones that buckle up tight above the ankle so you don't loose them during a crash. If you watch the stunter kids crash wearing tennis shoes, they always loose their shoes as soon as they hit the ground leaving their bare feet out there to take a beating and grind the ankle bone down a few cenimeters!
i was wearing tennisshoes and had a large chunk of skin on my ankle ground out.......

and when i read this post about &quot;protection&quot; i was thinking of condoms.....
on that note, i think i'll go create a new poll about sexual protection.......

<!--EDIT|BusaHaya402
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119901794 -->

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back