Do you use protection?

Do you use protection? - Lets see how practices safely...

• I never wear gear...its over rated.

Votes: 191 98.5%
  • I rarely wear gear, only during occasions like track days.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear gear, but only when I set out to ride hard.

• I wear gear, unless it is really hot.

• If I am on my bike, I am in my gear...PERIOD!

Votes: 3 1.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

wizeguy

Registered
I was curious to see how many of you wear gear and how often when out on the BUS.

Me...I always wear my jacket, gloves, and boots. I am bad about wearing jeans when I ride when I should wear the proper pants.

I always wore protective gear when I rode regardless of the weather. I don't have a Hayabusa yet but I used to be a canyon carver and I lost it in a turn and hit a concrete wall at just over 60 mph. If I didn't wear my helmet, racing gloves, armored jacket, knee slides, draggin jeans, and racing boots, I would have been mangled and dead. I hate to see those shmucks riding with their helmets on the back of the bike. No use if you get hit by a car or suv!!

I voted always but we'll see how I do when it hits 100 for weeks here this summer. I bought a mesh jacket to try and stay as cool as possible while still having the protection. I wore it Sunday, which was the hottest day we have had this year...

Ah, Dallas..yuck...left that hole back in 92'. Come up here, with your hot days and snow we probably have more nice riding days then you guys do.

My motto. If it's too hot to wear gear, it's too hot to ride.

Helmet, jacket, boots, pants, and gloves, 100% of the time.

I voted always but we'll see how I do when it hits 100 for weeks here this summer.  I bought a mesh jacket to try and stay as cool as possible while still having the protection.  I wore it Sunday, which was the hottest day we have had this year...
At least your not sweltering in the Humidity that is HOUSTON!

My geat includes -

a)Lid
b) Jacket
c) gloves

I do want to wear protective pants...but I just dont get them my size mad.gif Not wearing the shoe though... someone coax me into it please!!

I take so much crap from my Hardley ridin buddies when I'm sweatin my azz off in my gear and they're cruisin' in jeans and a t-shirt. I always tell them dress for the crash, not for the ride but it makes no difference. Even for a short trip to the store I'm lid, jacket gloves jeans and boots....add the pants if it's longer than that.

I do hope to be investing in some mesh here fairly quick, but being hot doesn't keep my gear at home...

I love to wear my gear.
Makes me feel a lot safer, and you can make some great fashion statements.
I have to admit though, I have done otherwise in the past and am lucky not to have regretted it.

I always wear my gear. Only exception is wearing jeans versus leather pants. I haven't worn my full leathers in public yet since they're actually a Joe Rocket 2-piece Speedmaster suit.

Plus the racing boots aren't really good for walking around in. wink.gif

Sometimes I gear up just to go look at the bike. Head to toe, every time. Anything else is squidly.

I wear gear ALL the time, except..........

I work at home. My bank is about a half mile away, so are one of 3 places that I go for lunch. Home Depot and Wally World are also VERY close. I will ride within this very small area (35mph MAX) zone in my shorts, no helmet and tank top!!! If I take a flop in my little slow speed, local area, then I was probably DOOMED to have a bad day anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back