Do you use protection?

Do you use protection? - Lets see how practices safely...

• I never wear gear...its over rated.

Votes: 191 98.5%
  • I rarely wear gear, only during occasions like track days.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear gear, but only when I set out to ride hard.

• I wear gear, unless it is really hot.

• If I am on my bike, I am in my gear...PERIOD!

Votes: 3 1.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wear helmet, gloves, jacket.. I need some pants, but I wear heavy jeans.. need some boots, but wear leather, non-slip, over-the-ankle work boots (with the laces tucked IN)

My b-day is coming up.. hopefully my pants and boots wish will come true. smile.gif

Full gear always on the Busa. Just gloves and beanie sometimes on the cruiser,but most of the time full face helmet and leathers.....

If it's too hot for gear, it's too hot for riding.

--Wag--

Helmet, boots, jacket and gloves without exception! Temperature's cold to warm: leather pants, warm to boiling: jeans. Helmets and jackets and gloves have been personally proven to be effective. wink.gif

I'd like to say I always wear all my gear but I can't anymore... Went to my PT session last week in shorts. Boy that was DUMB! Especially when I got to see a guy get rear-ended right next to me! Probably was MY fault though. The kid was too busy watchin me ( well, the Busa) and tagged the car in front of him laugh.gif
Sobering thought when I felt the wind gently caressing my bare legs!

For those of you who wear jeans, talk to PacificBusa! Have him send you a photo of his ass after he crashed at 70 mph wearing jeans! It's an ugly site of raw flesh!

I crashed a busa two years ago at 70 mph. Hauled the busa home in pieces but I was unscathed, thanks to full gear. I was beat up and bruised but no serious damage. You'll never catch me in jeans nor a T-shirt on any kind of scooter!  

One other thing, boots are extremely important! Ones that buckle up tight above the ankle so you don't loose them during a crash. If you watch the stunter kids crash wearing tennis shoes, they always loose their shoes as soon as they hit the ground leaving their bare feet out there to take a beating and grind the ankle bone down a few cenimeters!
+1

Gear is a must...I'm tellin ya from experience. Jeans? Ha. If you've grown tired of your butt skin, then by all means, go for it.

That experience was no joke... sad.gif

If I'm riding I'm wearing gear. Now it's lid,jeans,gloves,leather boots and agv jacket. Waiting on the draggin jeans

<!--EDIT|PDBusa
Reason for Edit: "what else??? spelling"|1122336422 -->

Every single time I go out on any bike............... I suit up head to toe.....

No exceptions................ wink.gif

gear all the time

2 piece leather, helmet, gloves, and boots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back