who has ever wrecked a bike?

BusaHaya402

Registered
lets hear all your stories............what kind of damages, how long did recovery take, etc etc........

me, i flipped my last bike (CBR954) backwards when riding a wheelie..........ended up with a broken leg, but the worst part is i had a large chunk of skin on my ankle ground out on the cement..........

i had surgery for my leg and am in the healing process right now, the hole has completely filled in and now it is a surface wound, ive also got fracture blisters on my foot.........i really hope to be walking again within about one week, although i know my skin will not be fully healed by then

my accident happened on may 14th, this will end up being about an 8 week ordeal.........post up ya'll, i know i aint the only one, and i think it's somewhat comforting for people (including myself) to know that they're not the only one going through something terrible, and that everything will be alright in the end...........

lady ran a stop sign on me it was on a side road i was 17 so it was a while ago, and luckily i could never figure out why i was only goin maybe 30 mph ? any way entered the blind intersection like i was the only one on the road , she came out of no where right through the stop sign ! sand all over laid bike down ,body hit drivers door head through drivers window detaching my chin from my face " half helmet " broke my right colar bone on drivers door pillar and some how snapped my wrists , my knees and thighs caved in the drivers door leaving a bruise from my chest to my knees then some road rash from the 100 yards that she dragged me before she realised what had happened !
smile.gif
so now at every intersection i will look stop sign or not and if i cant see far enough in both directions its a full stop or creep into the intersection i dont remember exactly how long i was down forbut i know i missed the summer and then some ? got a pretty nasty scar on my chin still , under the beard , but a good enough reminder! couple minor drops and tip overs after that over the years the rest was all offroad damage , nothing too severe mostly damage to the bike/atv:D lesson learned , she was realy worried that she was goin to get fired for being late to work !

i got one for you guys.i had a 900rr that was built up and i had alot of money in the bike. well, i got 3 speeding tickets in a month and had to get rid of the bike because the insurance was $6,500 a year. i went to trade it in and i couldnt take the plate off so the guy said he would do. they were closing so i thought everything was cool.i traded it for a 2002 seadooxp. 2 week go by and i get a letter in the mail saying i owed $280 to sheriff's department. i called and they said by bike was towed and it would cost $280 to get out of impoundment. i called the impoundment and they said my plate was still on the bike and that the bike was in 3 peices. a 18 year old kid was doing a high speed wheelie and hit a pole doing 95 mph. he died and i went and bitched at the dealer.the kid had no motorcycle indorsement and had no insurance. i got everything taking care of but i was still pissed at the dealer. i dont know how they gave that kid  that bike.hopfully the kids parents sued.

<!--EDIT|zx10r240rwhp
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120383445 -->

BusaHaya - were you wearing gear when this happened?
jacket, gloves, helmet......except i was wearing jeans and worst of all tennisshoes -- the area of skin ground out was just above the top lip on my shoe, if you look down at your foot, on the outside, its the area where your circular ankle bone sticks out....no fun i tell ya.........i sure as hell cant wait to be walkin/riding and have my skin all cleared up.......(even if its scarred i just want it to be fully closed, and not open ya know)

Huh ... 1979 ... Dallas, Texas ... cager did the dreaded left turn in front of me at an intersection ... raining lightly ... laid down my brand new yammie 750 ... very little damage to me and the bike ... I held on and it had huge metal engine guards:) Combination of skill and luck and God's blessing has kept the shiny side up since then:)
smile.gif

Oh man...I am COMPLETLY spooked now...
sad.gif

Do I just give up the busa dream and go sign up for the manual Nissan 350Z while I am still standing?

Watching the "Faster" DVD also spooked me...

I think Kevin Schwantz will be seeing me pretty soon
blush.gif

Oh man...I am COMPLETLY spooked now...
sad.gif

Do I just give up the busa dream and go sign up for the manual Nissan 350Z while I am still standing?

Watching the "Faster" DVD also spooked me...

I think Kevin Schwantz will be seeing me pretty soon
blush.gif
nah man buy that busa!!!

im still gonna ride, in fact i think im looking forward to it more than anything......BUT i am gonna be incredibly careful from now on, no more racin through traffic, no more doin stunts/tricks, none of that bullshyt...........just be careful and have fun, i dont think i could live without riding, even after going through all this pain and seeing my leg like this.....

good luck !!

ok .. back in 81 I had a Kawi 1000 .. spent bout 2K in mods.. back then was ..qwik for what it was.. ( back to the story ) so myself n a bud went out to Van Nuys to meet a few friends to "cruise " n enjoy the sites.. when it was time to go .. we were gettin (zipped up ) .. when some "dewd" stopped by an asked if we were going to the 101 .. ( we said ..yah) he told us that someone lost there tranny in a intersection on the way to said " 101" ( which at this date I cant remmeber the name of it ) n to stay clear of it .. ( ok we said n a TY ) .. well needless to say ..im not sure if my freind who was in front..forgot said " intersection " or not.. but as we... were coming up to a light .. I watched my freinds 1000 ..slip out from under him..n the bike went slidin thru the intersection .. Unfortunatly he didnt .. I was into the brakes then my frontend got real "lite' n the backend started to slip ..so I straddled my bike to keep it upright ..as I was doing this I had one of those.. " slo-motion " occurances ( I saw myself handlin the slide..cept I " COULDN"T STOP !!! ") .. so ..there was "no" x-ross traffic to worry about ..the only thing that " popped' in front of me was my " FRIEND" ..ok to put it in refferance.. His Body was Rolling infront of me ..to be x-sact..his head ( helmut ) was.. in front of my ( front tire).. so I had a choise .. lay it down to stop or ..run over my friends head ... yah .. I layed it down ..
sad.gif
when I stopped sliden .. my leg was crept under the bike during the slide..but for some odd reason I must have kept my leg up..cause all I had was slight Rr. on my right thigh..my boots saved my foot n my jacket saved the rest of me .. the worst thing ..was the bike was ontop of me.. n the people @ the light were lets say ..a "tad " anxious..to get "going" n were "Beeping" like Kids in a bumpercar ride !!! wtf.. my " bud " crept over n helped me "kick' the bike off me.. then I stood up n "flipped" off the ( Beepers) ..to my suprize.. n "delight " no one seem'd to want to reply to me.
wink.gif
so my bud n me got our bikes over to the curb n sat n had a few smokes to calm down the nerves that were "frazzled'.. n " limp'd " home .. .. yah it was a " good nite'
rock.gif

2003 in W.V. got run off the road on a sharp s-bend. Fog line was washed out (4ft rut) could'nt recover so I went up the hill and the Busa did a cork screw and landed on all two in the mud (wierd). Lost the mirrors and wind screen, bent fork and sub frame. I had a fractured shoulder and some cuts but still road her home some 50 miles. Two months to heal and $6 grand in repairs on my busa - gas tank had stone chips in it from doing the 360 up the hill side and everything was scratched up.

Ive been in 3 lay downs..2 were low speeds, one was a lowside @ 85mph, I escaped all three with very little injury.

BusaHaya402 , so how did you loop it? I am curious how something like that goes down.

Back in the stoneage (1972) I was 17 and had a Triumph Bonneville. On the way home from school I raced a Mustang down a long straightaway.

I won, only problem was I didn't allow enough distance to stop at the stop sign where a pickup truck was waiting. Fortunately, the tailgate was down, catching the forks, and summersaulted me into the truck bed flat on my back. No injury what so ever.

Had to replace the forks. I had a couple spills after that, slipping on oil, water and gravel, but no contact with other vehicles . . . knock on wood.

<!--EDIT|dhart
Reason for Edit: "spelling"|1120412348 -->

ouch that picture of that busa hurts.........

BENTVALVE, well what happened was:
i ended up riding alone, since none of my buddies felt like riding that night.........so i ride a few wheelies for the hell of it, just getting more practice, in an area where there is SOME traffic (little to none)....a long stretch of road not far from my house, we usually ride it back and forth, etc...........anyways, i slam the throttle open a lil too much on accident and the bike jumps right up past the balance point, to almost 12:00, so im not scared at first, just like no big deal, ill learn some 12:00 wheelies, so im alternating between the throttle and the rear brake, while being straight up and down, ride it for prolly about 5 secs, then i give it a tiny bit more gas and i feel the bike going over backwards.......my first though was to get the bike away from me, as i didnt want it to land on my body, so i remember releasing the handlebars, i hit my head a couple times hard and skidded along the ground, then i had to walk quite a ways to catch up with my bike, i survey the damage on myself and the machine, then ride it all the way home and have my parents take me to the ER, where they transported me to another hospital in an ambulance...........all my friends think the bike had to have landed on my leg, but i really cant remember...........i tell ya, that right there ended my "stunting/trick" days, its not worth all this pain and bullshyt.........

<!--EDIT|BusaHaya402
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120412985 -->

1980, Honda SL350, woman ran a stop sign and hit me, and I had a freind on the back.
My left femur bone took the impact between the tank and car, shattering it of coarse, and it took 2 years and 2 month,s for me to take my first step without crutches. As for my buddy, he would have walked away, but as he flew through the air, his left shin hit one of those stop sign,s on a metal pole, and snapped it in half.
blush.gif

I was heading towards the windy Lincoln Drive from City Avenue around 1:20 am July 2003 and I was going a little too fast and did not have a clear head that night. I have usually taken this turn on to Lincoln Drive at well over 80mph when I lost the front end and slide for about 40 feet into a concrete wall with a metal guard rail attached to the top. I was wearing full gear; helmet, jacket, draggin jeans with sliders, gloves and boots. The gloves were shredded as well as the jacket and jeans were extremely faded in spots. My helmet was scrapped well into the shell as well as a crack in the back where I slammed into the sidewalk and concrete wall. The bike slid on its side until it hit the fork in the road and flipped several times shredding the entire bike. I woke up several minutes later, I know because someone stopped and called the police and ambulance. I asked what time it was ant the reply was 1:35am. I had unknowingly took mt right glove off and took my helmet off. I could not breathe well. After getting to the hospital, I had laserated my liver, bruised my right lung, bruised my right shoulder, and bruised my stomach. I was in the hospital for 4 days before being sent home for another 4 week recovery period. I have not been on a bike since but have slowly but surely talked by wife into letting me get a Hayabusa for my birthday in January.

HPIM0367.JPG

Back