wreck

please.gif

I don't like to see any one get hurt; however, the guy opted not to wear a helmet so what does that tell you about him ---I hope he makes it with out brain damage

You know what's wierd.....It seems like the more expierience (sp?) a rider gets, the more gear they seem to wear ? If you see someone in full leathers on a sport bike chances are they've been riding a while ? Now I KNOW that's not always the case, but.......... (not talking about the "cruiser guys")

please.gif
So sorry to hear, hope everything turns out ok. Prayers sent to you and him. Godspeed.
please.gif

please.gif

Thanks guys, from what I found out yesterday afternoon, he is 19 or early 20. I used to ride with his dad back in the day on 900 Kaws and then the step up to the 80, 83 1100 Suzuki's. The kids name is Daniel I think. I didnt know him but his dad and myself used to be tight. Have not seen him in about 10 yrs. now. Man that dude could ride. My 99 Busa was stolen now 5 mnths ago and this is the first time I have not missed it, that could have been my son. He liked to ride with his croud with no helmet. That was a big deal to me so I had banned him from the Busa for the last 2 mnths I had it. Young guys PLEASE WEAR THOSE HELMETS! (US old guys too). A freind of mine that also knows the dad told me (as of yesterday) they were going to take him off life support today and see what happens. Only GOD can have an effect now. Thank you for your PRAYERS guys. Mike...;

STRONGS from down here in SA,
May God be with him and his family

same on the helmit issue...if its too hot for helmit n leathers, its too hot to ride!

god bless

Guys, sorry it took me a while to get back but here is the news. He passed away this past monday morning. There had been no brain activity since the wreck so he was kept alive to harvest his organs, his wishes. He was a very good kid I found out, he worked at the local hospital and was going to nursing school. He was 21 and there was finally a very good story about his life in the paper, a real good kid. This is so sad. I was told by someone who was on the scene right afterwords that the people in the truck, that turned in front of him, told the police that he did not have his lights on so THEY DID NOT SEE HIM.(RIGHT), I am so tired of that, it is always the bike guys fault. The car guys get a get out of jail free card, I did not see him...sorry I am sad and mad at the same time. Thank you for your prayers, he was a good Christian young man from what I am told and his dad told me he could ride that Busa. Thank you guys, and wear those helmets...Mike

Excuse me, but how is it possible not to have one's lights on with a Busa? The headlight is always on - bright and brighter are the only switch options. I hope this is brought to the attention of the local law enforcement and the judge. People usually don't see when they don't look and the life of a young man is too high a cost for that lesson in vision.
-Jim

Very sad news for his friends and family...this Christmas will be a truly sad one for them...they're in my thoughts and I can only hope that others learn to wear more gear for all of the "what if" scenarios we all face while riding...

sad.gif

Jimsjog, police officers know motorcycles other than antiques all have DRLs (daytime running lights) The unfortunate part is that in most cases,they can only charge the other driver with a failing to yield offense tickets... although most cops would want to charge them with a more serious offense such as careless/dangerous driving or even manslaughter. This seldom happens because in most penal codes the investigators would have to prove volountary intent to harm. That is not likely, because all witnesses who could testify that the car or truck driver did it on purpose would be the ones sitting in the same vehicle as the him/her, usually related to them in some manner, whether by friendship or family. Mike B

This is so sad to read. Prayers sent out for his family.

ATGATT!!!!!!!

I ride no other way.

The driver was probably yakking away on a cell phone.
guns.gif
"Didn't see it" my ass! "Didn't look" is more like it.

This is so sad to read.  Prayers sent out for his family.

ATGATT!!!!!!!

I ride no other way.

The driver was probably yakking away on a cell phone.  
guns.gif
 "Didn't see it" my ass!  "Didn't look" is more like it.
I am sorry I don't care if I was the father I am sueing and no mattter what I would bring them to court. A long drawn out court hearing. Bring a hayabusa right into the court room and start it up in front of the jurors to see the lights. Go after them no matter what. If criminal charges cannot be brought go after them civil than. Bring in pictures of his son to show the jury. Hell lets bring in the bike in and show the mangled bike as well. Than the bloody cloths and the pictures of the accident and injuries. Really, show the jurors what is going on. You think the guys that hit him would walk? I think not.

Rider is in our thoughts and prayers. Bad enough it happened---but this time of year makes it even worse.

Back