Capt your own advice...

ks-waterbug

Group Buy Guy
Donating Member
Registered
Your always preaching about wearing your gear and of course a helmet. Now, I can't believe you were the one in the accident! Thank God you had yours on and came out of this in pretty good shape given the circumstances... Praying for you and the family.

As YH2K would say..."sweat washes off."
beerchug.gif

Hopefully others will see the outcome WITH gear and try harder to get the good stuff...wish like hell my husband would see the light
sad.gif

VaBusa,

My dad is the same way. He won't listen when I tell him about the dude we saw who slid on his bare face at the Texas ROT rally, only to be pronounced dead before the ambulance even got there.

He won't hear it and he won't wear gear. It frustrates me.

(Nekosohana @ Jul. 23 2007,09:29) VaBusa,

My dad is the same way.  He won't listen when I tell him about the dude we saw who slid on his bare face at the Texas ROT rally, only to be pronounced dead before the ambulance even got there.

He won't hear it and he won't wear gear.  It frustrates me.
My Dad is the same way as well...

I've come to terms with it even though I don't like it at all...I just hope for the best when they (hubby and Dad) ride and hope they never find out how important it is to have a full face helmet on when they ride
sad.gif

It's frustrating...

when i had my harley i would wear a t-shirt, jeans, novelty helmet, and fingerless gloves. all you gear junkies on here have me addicted! this is what i wear with jeans right now, and i am looking into upgrading to a 2 piece komodo or joe rocket leather suit. thank you ALL, and thank you for a great site capt.

IMG_0560.JPG

(Revolution @ Jul. 23 2007,06:37) when i had my harley i would wear a t-shirt, jeans, novelty helmet, and fingerless gloves. all you gear junkies on here have me addicted! this is what i wear with jeans right now, and i am looking into upgrading to a 2 piece komodo or joe rocket leather suit. thank you ALL, and thank you for a great site capt.
+ 1 on that. I now have most of my cruiser riding friends wearing gear as well.

It's funny to talk to them about it... "I was thinking I would let my hair get in the wind, but the further from home I got, the more paranoid I became!"

practice what you preach right. I'm glad he was wearing it. could have been worse

Just got back from South Dakota. The weather up there was 100-105 degrees all weekend. Most of the riders were only wearing shorts, t-shirts. Our group was covered head to toe with full face helmets.

Just got back from South Dakota. The weather up there was 100-105 degrees all weekend. Most of the riders were only wearing shorts, t-shirts. Our group was covered head to toe with full face helmets. [/Quote]

I agree with everything. ON this note I think sometimes wearing the gear keeps you mroe comfortable in the long run..keeps you out of direct sunlight.

I have the Cortech leathers, "ventilated" and they are ok in 90-100 degree heat. Wear your gear. It works.

I wear a CamelBak when riding any distance or in high temps. I've found that wearing it under the leathers helps keep you cool when its hot out.

Back